Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-14-2014, 07:29 AM   #16
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahammer View Post
Is there any progress on the ITB?
Nope
Old 01-14-2014, 08:03 AM   #17
Deetow
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahammer View Post

Why would you do that? Buy an MR2 and i'll accept it.
Im getting sick of the constant small issues cropping up, and I no longer have access to a garage to effect repairs.

Maybe I'm just getting old and boring, maybe when spring comes ill change my tune
Deetow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:07 AM   #18
e30tOny
k-man

Exclamation Always under construction

...................."as always lot's but not much go-in on"

Old 01-14-2014, 12:20 PM   #19
frankie591
3rd Gear Member

Done:
-Rad support removable, bumper modified to remove in a few minutes. mishimoto x-line rad mounted inside the rad support, custom aluminum fan shroud with SPAL puller fan. I had to mount the rad within the rad support so that I'd have room for the fan and shroud between the rad and my motor.
-MS3/MS3x built and bench tested, custom spark box with 6 ignition drivers to run my m52 full sequential. Spare wiring harness modified to be plug and play with the ms3.
-Custom blade-style sway bars fabricated, mounts reinforced. Custom reinforcement for front subframe motor mounts done and subframe and sqay bars powdercoated.
-Oil cooler mount fabricated to mount generic B&M cooler in front of the drivers side front wheel. Still need to buy oil cooler conversion cap and plumb the -an lines to the cooler.
-Rear subframe soft/hard/soft brake line setup replaced with some long stainless braided lines that go directly from the rear brake tee to each caliper. Replaced diff bushing with custom machined aluminum piece, rear subframe bushings stiffened.
-New oil pump in the mail, VAC oil pan baffle welded into my pan, turbo drain bung added for the future.
-Still waiting on spec stage 3 clutch to arrive, when it does my zf trans can go on and the motor can be installed again. Various gaskets and seals also redone on the motor.
-Cleaned up vacuum system on the m52 by deleteing charcoal canister, rerouting ICV so it doesn't live under the intake manifold, deleted crank case vent will install catch can instead. Throttle body coolant circuit deleted also.
-ABS block removed and massive brake booster delete installed. Redid brake lines with a non-abs master cylinder so the lines go directly from the master to the calipers. Braided stainless lines everywhere there was rubber.

Basically I have a shit load of little projects half finished, and am starting to lack motivation. The weather outside getting better should help out with that through. Still unsure if I will have the car running on MS3 in time for the start of the season, but I still have the harness and bosch ecu so it should be easy to revert back to that if I cant get the MS3 done in time.
frankie591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:36 PM   #20
estoguy
1st Gear Newbie

Working on finding a shop to do an alignment, preferably in Barrie. Called one shop and he flat out turned it down saying he didn't want to work on anything that old. Jerk. Any recommends? I'd consider northern GTA as well.

And trying to figure out a skid plate for my E30.

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

"The future is uncertain and the end is always near."
estoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:40 PM   #21
aviator
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by estoguy View Post
Working on finding a shop to do an alignment, preferably in Barrie. Called one shop and he flat out turned it down saying he didn't want to work on anything that old. Jerk. Any recommends? I'd consider northern GTA as well.

And trying to figure out a skid plate for my E30.
Why not go to the BMW dealer in barrie? the one next to the 400... they offer a discount to maxbimmer members and an alignment is a "basic" service can't think a dealer would be any much more than a good independent shop... an alignment is an alignment nothing has changed up front it's still all tie rods etc.o matter what kind of front end you have... turkey was probably worried about having to use a torch to free up any seized parts...
aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:56 PM   #22
Roysneon
2nd Gear Member

Just finishing up the m52 swap, now it's all the "I never thought about that" stuff that's going to crop up. I put a fist sized hole in my oil pan on the highway in the first huge snowstorm we had here, had nowhere to safely stop, lost all oil, siezed the motor.

What's the difference between a BMW and a porcupine?
Roysneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:38 PM   #23
e30tOny
k-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roysneon View Post
Just finishing up the m52 swap, now it's all the "I never thought about that" stuff that's going to crop up. I put a fist sized hole in my oil pan on the highway in the first huge snowstorm we had here, had nowhere to safely stop, lost all oil, siezed the motor.

.............sounds like a typical "Haliwood" B movie
Old 01-15-2014, 04:50 PM   #24
Woofer
6th Gear Member

Subframe bushings
Rear trailing arm bushings
Camber kit
New Gas tank plus lines
Sway bar links
Sway bar bushings
Ebrake backing plates
Install new ebrake assembly and cables
Rear wheel hubs
And that's just the rear.

Need to get rad with built in expansion tank
Electric Spal 15' fan
Possibly ac installation too lol

Oh yea and set up new rims and tires 17x10 rears ftw lol .

maybe even plasti dip it if it fits in my winter budget.

That's the list to get the beast rolling mint

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1389822479208.jpg (83.0 KB, 132 views)
Old 01-15-2014, 11:11 PM   #25
aviator
3rd Gear Member

An E30 on the road in the snow... just as the creators intended lol...
aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:17 AM   #26
danielbignal
2nd Gear Member

just bought a e30 325e build with my dad, on a TIGHT budget, as I'm a college student and he's is a mechanic, trying be out for the summer, but i don't got no money for rims coils fancy hids or anything cool just a solid car
danielbignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:28 PM   #27
Woofer
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbignal View Post
just bought a e30 325e build with my dad, on a TIGHT budget, as I'm a college student and he's is a mechanic, trying be out for the summer, but i don't got no money for rims coils fancy hids or anything cool just a solid car
I've been there man. Its really helpful when your pops knows how to wrench. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to afford to pay someone to do the work when i was in college. Best part imo is the knowledge and experience you gather from building it with your dad being a mechanic. Good luck!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
Old 01-16-2014, 12:46 PM   #28
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Mine's running like a top. Only major issue is the lack of heat... but it puts a smile on my face each time I get into it.

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:20 PM   #29
jasonbaek
2nd Gear Member

It's been on the road again every day dry or snow.
Intermittent heater valve magically fixed itself as well

jasonbaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:24 PM   #30
Yamahammer
Warlock of the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie591 View Post
Done:
-Rad support removable, bumper modified to remove in a few minutes. mishimoto x-line rad mounted inside the rad support, custom aluminum fan shroud with SPAL puller fan. I had to mount the rad within the rad support so that I'd have room for the fan and shroud between the rad and my motor.
-MS3/MS3x built and bench tested, custom spark box with 6 ignition drivers to run my m52 full sequential. Spare wiring harness modified to be plug and play with the ms3.
-Custom blade-style sway bars fabricated, mounts reinforced. Custom reinforcement for front subframe motor mounts done and subframe and sqay bars powdercoated.
-Oil cooler mount fabricated to mount generic B&M cooler in front of the drivers side front wheel. Still need to buy oil cooler conversion cap and plumb the -an lines to the cooler.
-Rear subframe soft/hard/soft brake line setup replaced with some long stainless braided lines that go directly from the rear brake tee to each caliper. Replaced diff bushing with custom machined aluminum piece, rear subframe bushings stiffened.
-New oil pump in the mail, VAC oil pan baffle welded into my pan, turbo drain bung added for the future.
-Still waiting on spec stage 3 clutch to arrive, when it does my zf trans can go on and the motor can be installed again. Various gaskets and seals also redone on the motor.
-Cleaned up vacuum system on the m52 by deleteing charcoal canister, rerouting ICV so it doesn't live under the intake manifold, deleted crank case vent will install catch can instead. Throttle body coolant circuit deleted also.
-ABS block removed and massive brake booster delete installed. Redid brake lines with a non-abs master cylinder so the lines go directly from the master to the calipers. Braided stainless lines everywhere there was rubber.

Basically I have a shit load of little projects half finished, and am starting to lack motivation. The weather outside getting better should help out with that through. Still unsure if I will have the car running on MS3 in time for the start of the season, but I still have the harness and bosch ecu so it should be easy to revert back to that if I cant get the MS3 done in time.
I can't even read this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
Nope
You should probably do something with yourself....

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30tOny View Post

...................."as always lot's but not much go-in on"

Looking good, where do you live again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by craz azn View Post
Mine's running like a top. Only major issue is the lack of heat... but it puts a smile on my face each time I get into it.
just plug a space heater into a converter plugged into the cigarette lighter. That will work right?
Yamahammer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: