Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Sightings
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-27-2013, 09:05 PM   #16
JiffyPop
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post
People that do that are more prone to getting there cars messed with .. damned if you do and damned if you dont
+1 Anyone who parks like that is definitively asking for trouble. Plus your car is going to stand alot more when you park like a jack a**
JiffyPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:30 PM   #17
honeydew
Don't laugh,it's paid for

That's me everywhere. Supra gets parked that way as does the M3. "We" have to walk half a mile to any destination and I will tell you why. If you live in the GTA of Southern Ontario our insurance rates are higher than anywhere else because the majority of people don't give two S#!Ts about their vehicles nor do they care about yours.

A ding in my door is heartbreaking and will come out of my own pocket. If I park at the back on an angle and it get's vandalized for my auto-consideration, I call the police. Insurance will pay for a paint job. I might even be able to sue. Heaven help the kids if we catch them in the act. No cost to me.

What is most surprising is how much it bothers you how some guy took up 2 lousy back-40 spots in a parkade of thousands.

Sorry kids, deal with it.
honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:58 PM   #18
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

no cost to you? except your rates going up because of your claims. park like a normal person ..even if in the back.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:33 PM   #19
South
3rd Gear Member

insurance rates are high because they are run by corporations. these corporations also have no problem spending a little, from their point of view, to hire "professional organizations" to publish work/flak that correlates the blame of high insurance rates to another target other than themselves (of course).

So yes, lets beat the shit out of the guys who make us claim our dings to our insurance companies. Yes, HE's the real mother****er.
South is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:38 PM   #20
honeydew

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post
no cost to you? except your rates going up because of your claims. park like a normal person ..even if in the back.
Normal person? So, park on the line, askew and making sure to fire my door open into the adjacent car? That sounds like a smart choice.

99.9% of people think of cars as a tool. They don't care about them and replace them every 5 years or so. No attachment, no interest, no idea how they work and have no desire to learn about them.

You are of the opinion I should park my immaculate 1989 Supra in the third spot from the door and just trust in negligent human kind. That is the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard in my entire life. I'll take my chances with the supposed street thugs hell bent on teaching ill-parkers a lesson.

You'll know what I'm taking about when you have one worth walking a mile for.

Otherwise I'll be in the back, straddling 2 spaces of hundreds unoccupied. If that bothers you, you should see a doctor.

Last edited by honeydew; 10-16-2013 at 11:49 PM.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:16 AM   #21
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

well obviously its a ridiculous statement since you said it, not me.

I said to park like a normal person , even when in the back of the lot. Then you went on some side rant about the general public. lulz

I park in the back all the time and have for yrs...in a spot. not perpendicular like an assclown.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:42 AM   #22
honeydew

Quote:
well obviously its a ridiculous statement since you said it, not me.

I said to park like a normal person , even when in the back of the lot. Then you went on some side rant about the general public. lulz

I park in the back all the time and have for yrs...in a spot. not perpendicular like an assclown.
Perpendicular would be 3 spots. If you could only channel that rage into something worthwhile, you'd be unstoppable.

I park this way cause I've been burned by the 'general public' way too may times. This is a topic about the general public if it's nothing else.

Last edited by honeydew; 10-17-2013 at 12:45 AM.
Old 11-07-2013, 01:55 PM   #23
Wobbly Bass
1st Gear Newbie

If you think someone's a dick for doing that, you can be a bigger dick by parking beside them in such a way that blocks their driver side door. You will probably need some big balls and a beater to do this. Effect is guaranteed.
Wobbly Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:25 PM   #24
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
i dont suggest ****ing with other peoples cars unless you're looking for a fistfight.

having said that, there's a difference between parking defensively and maybe using some extra space, and just being a dickhead and taking up as much space as possible

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's supersports, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC short shift GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
http://absolutehid.ca hid kit
propr'one is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:24 PM   #25
E90guy
1st Gear Newbie

I agree with the guy parking like that especially in an empty lot no harm done. I wouldn't have gone to the extent he did but definitely all the way in the back. If you care about your car, maintain it also means maintain its body from jackass door flingers ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E90guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:34 AM   #26
dougprout
1st Gear Newbie

hahaha you've done good!

www.newzealandtoursforaussies.com

Last edited by dougprout; 03-27-2014 at 02:36 AM.
dougprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:17 PM   #27
hockeyfan27
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeydew View Post
A ding in my door is heartbreaking and will come out of my own pocket. If I park at the back on an angle and it get's vandalized for my auto-consideration, I call the police. Insurance will pay for a paint job. I might even be able to sue. Heaven help the kids if we catch them in the act. No cost to me.

If you see the car beside you hit your car in any way, a door ding or scuff your bumper as they cut the corner, etc.. treat it like an accident. Get their insurance info, plate #, VIN, and drivers licence info. Call your insurance company and report the incident. The damage will be repaired at no cost to you, no deductible, not 1 penny out of your pocket. Even a rental car will be covered while your car is in the shop. Look on your insurance policy for "Direct Compensation Property Damage /DCPD". This kind of claim is what this coverage applies to. Note the "$0 deductible". This coverage is included in the mandatory policy required to be on the road in Ontario.

If you don't see the damage happen but arrive to find a ding or side swipe damage: Call the police, report a hit and run. Then call your insurance company (they will ask for the police report #). You will have to pay your Collision/All Perils* deductible (generally $500 -> $1000) so depending on the severity of the damage you may be under the deductible and out of pocket for the repair, but never more than the deductible. Collision coverage /All Perils coverage is optional, so if you didn't ask for it you may not have it.

With vandalism damage your Comprehensive/All Perils* deductible will apply. Comprehensive is also an optional coverage.

*All Perils is a combination of Collision and Comprehensive coverage with an inclusion of coverage for theft by a member of your household or employee.

Quote:
All the scenarios listed above have no impact on your future premiums.

I know I've gone on a bit of a tangent but people pay too much for insurance to be afraid to use their policy as it was intended, to insulate them from financial loss, especially when there is no consequence in doing so.

Last edited by hockeyfan27; 03-31-2014 at 12:22 PM. Reason: punctuation
hockeyfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: