Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2013, 06:21 AM   #1
sellme_anM3
1st Gear Newbie

Are e46 M3s too expensive for what they are? Discussion time.

Hello all, first time poster (be nice) and long time e46M searcher. I tried searching the forums for a similar topic to get some help with this. If there is a thread on this already, please direct me there, I'd appreciate it .

I love the e46 M3. But I can't help but get the feeling that they're overpriced for what they are, especially compared to cars of the similar era. For example, though not a driver's car, an SL500 sells for cheaper in Ontario than a similar year / kms M3 would. Let's face it, the SL comes with a mountain of tech and is a hardtop convertible, better justifying the 20-35k price tag.

Perhaps one of you ladies or gents could explain to me why the e46 is so astronomically priced for a car reaching approximately a decade old and has 120000+ kms. From my search, I've regularly noticed people asking over $20000 for cars with over 120000kms. With taxes etc, paying 1/4 of a hundred grand for a 10 year old car with that many kms seems crazy right?

Before you say that I need to drive one to understand... I have driven many before, but can't appreciate them enough (especially the SMG versions) to justify paying what people ask because they're becoming very dated with the new M due out early 2014.

At current seller's evaluations of their vehicles (and don't get touchy M3 owners), would you be better off buying something newer like a 328i/335i or even an Infiniti G37s 6MT for the same money?

What do you think and why? Are e46 M3s selling at an inflated value? Is there such a cult following for these cars that prices are kept high? Or am I way off the map here?

Personally, I'm probably going to buy an e90 or e92 M3 with low kms unless you can convince me otherwise
sellme_anM3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e46 m3, other cars, overpriced

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: