Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-02-2013, 11:31 AM   #1
gerrythegrea
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: hawkesbury
Posts: 6
code and o2 sensor help

My check engine light on my 2006 330xi was on so I went to CTire to get it diagnozed and this is what came back.

codes p2297 bank 1 sensor 2 p112c o2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1 p0131 bank 1 sensor 1 front 0-2 sensor defect upstream 0-2 sensor

they told me I needed to get an 02 sensor replaced and quoted me 340.00 for the sensor and 1 hour labour.


Does this sound about right? Can I get a cheeper sensor?


thank you
gerrythegrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:46 AM   #2
jcr
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Markham, Ontario
Posts: 52
If you buy it in Canada the sensor is probably around $150?

If you buy it from the USA it is less than $100...

So you need the upstream sensor?
jcr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:32 PM   #3
propr'one
op sucks cock
 
propr'one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: T.
Posts: 17,685
Send a message via MSN to propr'one
gerry,

look up your part numbers on realoem.com with your vin

(bmw called o2 sensors lambda sensors)

buy OEM bosch sensors on ebay/rockauto/etc for less.
__________________
d1s bulb canada

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #4
jcr
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Markham, Ontario
Posts: 52
I say check out rock auto. way cheaper
jcr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:18 PM   #5
gerrythegrea
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: hawkesbury
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr View Post
If you buy it in Canada the sensor is probably around $150?

If you buy it from the USA it is less than $100...

So you need the upstream sensor?

I m no mechanic and dont know what sensor I need Is there a way to know so I can order the right one?
gerrythegrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:40 PM   #6
jcr
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Markham, Ontario
Posts: 52
Kind of strange when I look up
P2297 it should be sensor 1 but your have it as sensor 2

Anyway don't quote me on it but I think it is the upstream on (The one on the exhaust manifold).

RockAuto has it for around $57 + shipping
jcr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:44 PM   #7
gerrythegrea
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: hawkesbury
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr View Post
Kind of strange when I look up
P2297 it should be sensor 1 but your have it as sensor 2

Anyway don't quote me on it but I think it is the upstream on (The one on the exhaust manifold).

RockAuto has it for around $57 + shipping

I copied from the CTire paper. If they are both that price I will get them both changed. I did a parts number search on Rockauto and cant find them

Last edited by gerrythegrea; 11-02-2013 at 02:46 PM.
gerrythegrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:50 PM   #8
jcr
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Markham, Ontario
Posts: 52
well CT is never that great of a place.... You should look into getting a cable yourself. They're fairly cheap. Considering how much you paid to get a code check, 1-2 code check from a shop can already pay for the cable.

Anyway RockAuto has the Upstream O2 for $47 and downstream O2 for $57. Plus shipping and any duty. Still cheaper than getting it local. You might as well pick up filters too if you need them they're cheap there too.
jcr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:56 PM   #9
gerrythegrea
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: hawkesbury
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr View Post
well CT is never that great of a place.... You should look into getting a cable yourself. They're fairly cheap. Considering how much you paid to get a code check, 1-2 code check from a shop can already pay for the cable.

Anyway RockAuto has the Upstream O2 for $47 and downstream O2 for $57. Plus shipping and any duty. Still cheaper than getting it local. You might as well pick up filters too if you need them they're cheap there too.

parts number : 11787545075
227$ for me something I m doing wrong?

Last edited by gerrythegrea; 11-02-2013 at 03:02 PM.
gerrythegrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.