Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-12-2013, 05:24 PM   #1
lenny325i
1st Gear Newbie

best exhaust sound?

looking for upgrading my system soon , reaching out to bimmer world whats your thoughts?
Old 10-15-2013, 07:13 AM   #2
E36is
'OldSchool..'

UUC rsc36. have one on my e36. imo best sounding catback with absolutely no drone.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:23 PM   #3
BMXWill
2nd Gear Member

Kromer Kraft is the best sound end of story.. But since you can't get that you may as well just stick with a stock M3 exhaust.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:42 PM   #4
///tyron
4th Gear Member

Mine.

Old 10-16-2013, 12:51 PM   #5
Steve30
Techno Viking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///tyron View Post
Mine.

E36 ///M3 S54
E30 325is winter build
Steve30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:50 PM   #6
Dysantic
Captain Chaos

I have a Remus exhaust and I love it. Not too loud, but a great sound at high RPM and nice sound when just cruising on the highway. When researching I also really like the sound of Stromung exhausts I heard online, but never found one for sale in Ontario.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:46 PM   #7
jrsmitchell
Switchtronic

Is there any good way to get a UUC exhaust in Ontario? I.e. any local shops that stock them? I've had REALLY bad luck with the duty / brokerage lottery lately so I'm forced to consider a Borla instead.
jrsmitchell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:36 AM   #8
R_JAY
Has the world for ransom

Stromung! Had it back when I had an E36 and it was the perfect balance. Quite for when you're sneaking home at 3am but aggressive when you have your foot to the floor!
R_JAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:12 AM   #9
jamrobin
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_JAY View Post
Stromung! Had it back when I had an E36 and it was the perfect balance. Quite for when you're sneaking home at 3am but aggressive when you have your foot to the floor!

Have to agree with THIS! Installed one on my M3 yesterday. It is awesome. at idle or around town it's not too much louder than stock but a couple octaves deeper, then when you honk it she roars beautifully! Looking forward to my 6 hour return trip to Ottawa today just so I can listen and give her some real break-in time.

Jamie
jamrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:38 PM   #10
jamrobin
1st Gear Newbie

Well I've put about 800km on my Stromung since installing and I love it even more than when I first put it on. It has "mellowed" a bit with break-in and startles me a little less when she first fires up as well as being a bit less rumbly when I'm just cruising at 40kph on resedential streets but the roar under acceleration is still fantastic. As far as performance I will swear that between the cat-back and the Carbonio intake it revs from 3500 to 5500 MUCH faster. I need to learn to shift faster again!
(firm believer that you get nothing but noise from intake or exhaust mods until you've done both)

I will add a disclaimer that I may partly have just gotten more used to it plus I tossed the hard top on her Sunday morning so everything is quiteter from inside than before.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:27 PM   #11
lenny325i
1st Gear Newbie

im gunna try and source any of the above threw my work, not sure if our buying group has any but worth a try , hopefully by the end of November I will have decided.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:02 AM   #12
Steve420
2nd Gear Member

i loved the sebring muffler on my last car. havent got to installing it on the new one yet lol
Old 12-10-2013, 08:01 AM   #13
E36is
'OldSchool..'

I would also agree with the below statements. For the UUC I experience the same thing, on first cold startup its rumbly, and my neighbors hear it in their house (this was stated to me) but after warming up it mellows out and at idle and even cruising past known police traps I have not yet been pulled over (that is a plus). Street light drag racing and highway cruising now that's a different story altogether, from stop to 60km, its a definite roar (sounds like a tuned mustang v8, imo). on the highway and passing speed it just roars/sings! its hard not to stomp on the gas to get that sound emulating in the cabin. I would say the UUC has about 7500km on it, too bad I wont enjoy it until the springtime again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamrobin View Post
Well I've put about 800km on my Stromung since installing and I love it even more than when I first put it on. It has "mellowed" a bit with break-in and startles me a little less when she first fires up as well as being a bit less rumbly when I'm just cruising at 40kph on resedential streets but the roar under acceleration is still fantastic. As far as performance I will swear that between the cat-back and the Carbonio intake it revs from 3500 to 5500 MUCH faster. I need to learn to shift faster again!
(firm believer that you get nothing but noise from intake or exhaust mods until you've done both)

I will add a disclaimer that I may partly have just gotten more used to it plus I tossed the hard top on her Sunday morning so everything is quiteter from inside than before.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:33 AM   #14
jamrobin
1st Gear Newbie

Have about 3000km or so on the Stromung I put on my M3 now and loving it.

Deep but not loud when you're gentle with it (resedential) and roars beautifully when you put your foot down. Way lighter than stock, and far better looking, plus although I haven't got any objective tests to back it up I will swear that in combination with the carbonio CAI it revs "freeier" and the throttle response is noticibly improved.

Jamie
Old 12-10-2013, 10:41 AM   #15
Gurvinder
4th Gear Member

AA gen 3!
Gurvinder is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: