Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-29-2013, 01:37 PM   #1
alaadeen
2nd Gear Member

Smile Things for BMW Dealer to do before Factory Warranty

Hi All,

The Factory warranty on my E90 will be ending in Feb 2014. I wanted to know how to get the most out of my warranty i.e. replace, fix anything.

I have a few minor interior (air vent knobs) issues to get fixed. Engine oil, break fluid check as well.

The brakes and such are still have a long way to go before they need replacing as per my vehicle status info.

Currently my car has about 64000 kms. According to the computer the following service is required:

Vehicle check: due in 29000 km
Front brake pads: due in 80000 km
Rear brake pads: due in 33000 km

Any comments/feedback will be helpful. Also does anyone recommend independent inspection and from whom and where in GTA?

Thanks in advance
alaadeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:11 PM   #2
Fe9L
5th Gear Member

I'm in the same boat, my warranty expires early '14 as well...

The x-love:

Slamation Nation..Wesa
Fe9L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:55 AM   #3
alaadeen
2nd Gear Member

Hey Fe9L,

Just note down things that you see are visibly not normal or sound unusual. Make a list of it. If you have someone knowledgeable about BMW you may ask them to have a look. Main things are engine sound, transmission how it feels when you drive.

I just went to my dealer (Mississauga BMW) and they did all the oil/fluid changes. They even fixed my vent tabs that were broken. My washer fluid tank had a minor crack and that was fixed too. I also paid some extra $ to do some additional work: flushing of fuel injector due to mileage. The car purrs like a pussycat now

If you are still not sure what to do, just drop by to the dealer service and inquire from them as to what will they be doing on your car as per the warranty. If you do not like anything they say, you can always explain and/or eve speak to their manager.

Do not wait until couple months before the warranty expiry - you want to get the max out of it. Hope this helps

cheers
alaadeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #4
Fe9L
5th Gear Member

Sounds good, i will be going in a couple weeks when i have some free time...

I'll make sure to share my experience as well..

The x-love:

Slamation Nation..Wesa
Fe9L is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: