Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-23-2013, 02:39 PM   #1
///tyron
4th Gear Member

Looking for a garage to rent

I'm looking for a garage to rent for the winter in which I'll be able to to do repairs on my car.

Must be secure and easily accessible on weekends.

Let me know what you have!
Old 09-23-2013, 11:50 PM   #2
Woofer
6th Gear Member

Have you considered storage units? Access storage on queens plate (hwy 27 and rexdale) allows you to customize your unit. Only draw back is no water. If you want more info PM me
Old 09-24-2013, 12:15 AM   #3
///tyron
4th Gear Member

storage units are expensive (300+/month) and youre not allowed working on your vehicle. I called a bunch of them and they all told me the same thing, thanks anyways though.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:37 AM   #4
Woofer
6th Gear Member

Really? I rent at that access storage and did a full motor swap in it. I do all my repairs there. Im also not the only guy there that has dor this. They are fully aware of what I do there because they set my unit up with more power so I could run my lights and compressor etc etc. it's also under 300/mth. If you want more info let me know.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:37 AM   #5
cormier
6th Gear Member

My buddies have a full service plumbing shop they run out of a storage unit in Scarborough and we do auto work in it all the time, never any problem.

cormier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:19 PM   #6
///tyron
4th Gear Member

Bumpppp
Old 10-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #7
iverson03tj
5th Gear Member

wow cool idea! i never though about this one, do you have to rent it for a month? is there enough room for a car with all the doors open? I like having space and is it heated?
e36 328is - (m52)AA S/c'd, M50 Mani, 3.23 LSD, M3 Brakes, Zimmer rotors, hps pads, Racing Dynamic Strut Bar, Depos, m3 Bumper, Intake, Spal fan, poly RTABs, Eibach Swaybars, Koni yellow, Mishimoto Rad, Silicone hose, Alumi T-housing, Depo w/LED Angels, LED tails, 12' Alpine Type R, Suede head liner, LTW Low rise spoiler
PREVIOUS CARS
92' 325is (m52) - M3 conversion AA S/c'd
'97 Euro Estroil E36 M3 Vert (S50B32)
iverson03tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:06 AM   #8
Woofer
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iverson03tj View Post
wow cool idea! i never though about this one, do you have to rent it for a month? is there enough room for a car with all the doors open? I like having space and is it heated?
It's on a month to month base. You can get units in all sorts of sizes. I had 2 10x20 units side by side and asked that the wall between be taken down so I could have easy access to both and open up the space for more room. They do rent "climate controlled" units but I would still recommend a little heater if you plan on being in there for awhile in the winter. In the summer it's nice because the whole building has AC so the units can stay pretty cool. PM if you want anymore info. Here's a pic of one unit. Don't need both anymore since I'm going to be allowed to make a second level in my unit so ill store all my junk up top and leave the floor for the car.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: