Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #1
bimmere30
2nd Gear Member

Insurance for E30

I got one accident back in 2009, when will the accident erase itself from the records? Am I stuck with this curse if I decide to switch Insurance companies? Will the cost of insurance eventually decrease? I'm paying $204 a month now.
bimmere30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:59 PM   #2
karmatose
164.3ci Of Fury

$115/month liability only here through Gore Mutual. Using a broker out of Tavistock called Zehr Insurance Brokers.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:57 AM   #3
mr ilia
3rd Gear Member

Go to PC insurance website and do a an internet quote. You will have your answer in about 5-10 min. They will also will provide you with the phone number for you to call to have you insured and be on the road in no time. Easy breezy. .

Ohh and I paid about 120.00 full coverage with fire and theft for my e30.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:45 PM   #4
aviator
3rd Gear Member

That accident should be dropping off your record anytime now... stays on your abstract for 2yrs and on ins. record for 3yrs. usually. If they decided you were an extreme risk because of other issues in your past they may have bumped you to "facility" ins. but it does'nt sound like it from the price you mentioned... Call for some quotes or get after your broker to find you a better rate... your age and marital status will also factor in to it.
aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:19 AM   #5
hockeyfan27
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmere30 View Post
I got one accident back in 2009, when will the accident erase itself from the records? Am I stuck with this curse if I decide to switch Insurance companies? Will the cost of insurance eventually decrease? I'm paying $204 a month now.
Convictions stick with you for 3 years from the conviction date (not necessarily the offence date)

At fault Accidents are treated different by every company. Generally you get penalized for 5-6 years. Some companies will do an additional discount for 7, 8, 9, or 10 years claims free.

Most companies will take you with 3 years since your most recent accident.

1998 328ic - Sold
hockeyfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:45 PM   #6
SamE30e
6th Gear Member

^^^

The man to talk to. Only person I trust with my insurance. Even if I call him on a monthly basis because I change cars more than I change pants lol
02 325i Sedan
SamE30e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:40 AM   #7
Roysneon
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan27 View Post
Convictions stick with you for 3 years from the conviction date (not necessarily the offence date)

At fault Accidents are treated different by every company. Generally you get penalized for 5-6 years. Some companies will do an additional discount for 7, 8, 9, or 10 years claims free.

Most companies will take you with 3 years since your most recent accident.
This is exactly what I was told by my broker. 3 for convictions (speeding tickets, etc.), 6 for at fault accidents.

I think I have 2 more years before I have a free and clear abstract and I intend to keep it that way.

What's the difference between a BMW and a porcupine?
Roysneon is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: