Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-22-2013, 05:24 PM   #1
alaadeen
2nd Gear Member

Low oil level

I got a warning for Low Oil in my 328 yesterday. The oil level is at minimum.

I drove the car for more than 6500km since I bought it earlier this year. The maintenance schedule is not due until next 4000 or so kilometers.

I am planning to go to my dealership first thing monday morning and hopefully they will simply top it off. I have factory warranty as left as well as POC warranty.

Any advice/tips/suggestions would be helpful for the above scenario.

Thanks
alaadeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:46 AM   #2
kenmar
3rd Gear Member

The dealer should top it up for free under the warranty. My 335xi oil level never really moves, even though I do see a slight puff of smoke on start up. Oil consumption may not be an issue, but it really depends on the rate of usage.

With regards to maintenance, I wouldn't follow the maintenance schedule since my car recommends oil changes every 30k; I do an extra change in-between. Someone on this board bought a used X3 with about 50k on it with significant sludge in the engine.
kenmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:55 AM   #3
alaadeen
2nd Gear Member

Thanks Kenmar.

I just went to Mississauga BMW - they topped it up. My oil level is due for a change, so they also booked me for an oil change in a couple weeks.

The mechanic says there is no sign of oil burning. And yes I have driven quite extensively since I bought.
alaadeen is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: