Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Audio/Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-03-2013, 12:56 PM   #1
bmwins
2nd Gear Member

Just ordered a Eonon D5150! (New version of Eonon D5113/Enco B146)

Hey I just order this bad boy, it was released like a week ago. Its a new version of the D5113/Enco B146 which are the same thing. Its seems like they have improved a lot of features such as actually having a useful ipod interface with playlist/artist/album options. The old one apparently just gave you one huge list. It also now dims the screen and turns on the button back lights when you switch on your headlights. The interface looks way smoother and less "crappy Chinese deck" than the last one. You can also change the color of the button backlights although im just going to leave it the OEM color. The power and volume labels on the face of the unit itself are straight now. For some reason the last ones were on an angle which just looked weird. It now has a physical home button rather than always having to touch the corner of the screen to go home. The icons on the home screen can now be re positioned so unused stuff like tv and aux can be at the end of the menu. The phone book seems to pull all your contacts nice and cleanly at once now rather than having to hit the update button a million times like on the old one. The usb and SD card interface looks nice and media oriented now, the last one just showed you a really old looking folder style view. The second SD card slot now says "GPS CARD" on it so its nice and clear that the slot is only for the nav software. Apparently there is a way to put pics on the GPS SD card and set them as your background (im definitely going to put a BMW related wallpaper). And of course, it now has a faster better processor than the last one for smoother more fluid operation.

As far as the distributor goes, Eonons website seems more legit than all the other Chinese distributors and they offer a 2 year warranty. I get the feeling that they will provide decent service and back their products. They shipped out the unit the next business day, they sent me tracking info and a link to register my unit for my warranty. The sales rep I was dealing with via email also said that there are pickup service centers in Canada in case I have an issue. Szenco, alibaba, and ali express look like the typical sketchy online shops that you will probably never hear from again once they get your money. In fact I messaged szenco about some technical questions about the b146 and they never replied. Good thing they didn't because Eonon replied fairly quickly and told me about the new D5150 which I got for $380 CDN shipped!

Heres the deck from Eonons site
http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Specifi...BMW/D5150.html

Video showcase

Once i get everything up and running, ill do a formal video review for those who are interested. Ill also outline any tips I may have. I haven't ordered a line out converter yet which is usually needed with these decks due to double amplification with the HK amp. Im going to install it first and see how it is, then get one if I need it. Ill also be doing the back up camera later as well. First I just wanna get her installed and working and then continue from there.

Last edited by bmwins; 06-03-2013 at 01:00 PM.
bmwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:31 PM   #2
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

They make no mention of DSP/NAV optioned cars for e39.... I guess I have to contact them, highly doubt their PnP comments are true.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual-1 of 1 - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'04 Volvo S60R/6spd.:Nautical Blue/Gobi&Black
'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:. 1 of 8 SOLD
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:08 AM   #3
dgmorr
4th Gear Member

I bought the older 5113 for my wife's e46 since her stock HU died. I liked it mostly because you can use almost any nav software you can find. The AV interface is quirky, but useable.

I liked it so much that I replaced my Pioneer Avic X940bt in my 4runner with the G2240. The G2240 unit looks to use the same interface as the one you just ordered. I can't say I've ever owned a better car stereo for ~ $220. Their shipping is very fast too. I don't think I'd ever buy a big brand headunit again after having this one.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:31 PM   #4
bmwins
2nd Gear Member

A little teaser...

Ill be doing the install this week. Ill use it for a couple days and then do the full video review probably next weekend.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:00 AM   #5
CathrinBrown
1st Gear Newbie

Cell phone jammer can really be a good item to keep the phones quiet in the public places. Although it is traditionally used in military field, it can be taken into application in many other circumstances I think.
CathrinBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:23 AM   #6
CathrinBrown
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwins View Post
A little teaser...

Ill be doing the install this week. Ill use it for a couple days and then do the full video review probably next weekend.
Cell phone jammer can really be a good item to keep the phones quiet in the public places. Although cell phone jammer is traditionally used in military field, it can be taken into application in many other circumstances I think.

Last edited by CathrinBrown; 09-04-2013 at 12:25 AM.
CathrinBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:26 PM   #7
2k328Ci
2nd Gear Member

The button backlighting shows red as a possible one of 7 colours, is it possible to have orange to match the other OEM buttons in the car?
Old 12-23-2013, 04:47 PM   #8
BMackW
1st Gear Newbie

Has anyone installed this yet? I do not want to compromise the integrity of the interior of the car or the electronic components from a unknown company from China.

If this works, wonderful! I would rather have this solution over an ugly gps unit stuck to the window and the ability to stream music from my mobile device. The ac port and usb port in the center console of my 2010 328 was not a good design and is a pain if you need to charge your phone.

BMackW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:13 PM   #9
aliminimal
1st Gear Newbie

old thread, but thought i'd add in my 0.02.

We all want a proper stereo in our e46. OEM look is very important. Aftermarket decks mess up the whole look and they dont line up properly.

Dynavin was the first chineese manuf. to come up with a OEM replica head for e46.

Looks almost identical to e46's OEM GPS head.

Has all functionality you could want.

Price is/was 600ish on ebay.

Although its manuf. in china, it is a solid system, works great and its safe.

Now, Eonon came up with exactly the same deck, looks identical to Dynavin and its 330+9 bucks shipping on ebay. The model is D5150.

Eonon came up with a newer version which is GM5150. This is 420 bucks on ebay.

The GM5150 is really D5150 plus support for screen mirroring (like airplay on iphone/ipad). Its cool, but kinda useless.

You can even buy the D5150 eonon and flash the firmware to GM5150 (new UI). Download the zip folder off the new for the GM firmware, load into a microSD card, plug into the deck and restart, it will flash its own firmware and after couple mins, your firmware is updated to the new GM5150 firmware.

D5150 vs GM5150:
-new UI (more OEM BMW look)
-GM has support for screen mirroring
-the color lights on the deck match the OEM orange of the dash (D5150 doesnt have a matching color to dash)
thats it...

In conclusion, if you want the OEM look and a great deck for your e46, Eonon is cheaper than Dynavin and the hardware is identical (they are probably even made by the same factory) but the Eonon is cheaper (great price for 330+9 shipping off ebay if you ask me).

Direct plug and play.

Last edited by aliminimal; 02-12-2014 at 03:17 PM.
aliminimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:35 PM   #10
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member

nice little review

i really want one of these for my car! i think i will buy one now...*literally*
Old 02-20-2014, 06:49 PM   #11
aliminimal
1st Gear Newbie

The cheapest price on the internet is 320 shipped for eonon d5150
Pm the eonon dude on e46fanatics
Old 02-27-2014, 01:03 PM   #12
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member

Bought it. Got it. Installed it. Looooove it!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (503.0 KB, 62 views)
Old 02-27-2014, 01:55 PM   #13
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

^ Why is it that nobody knows how automatic climate control works? Also, turn on your automatic re circulation. That said, how is this thing? I would need to play around with one to see if it's worth it, some say it's cheap feeling and buggy, how update-able is the software?

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:52 PM   #14
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member

Hey i like my car feeling like jamaica in the summer! Its good. But i still have a lot of tweeking to do. The cold weather is quite a deterrent. It doesnt feel buggy at all. Its fairly responsive as well! Youre welcome to check it out if you would like. Ultimately, its a cheaper dynavin with more functions!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: