Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-05-2013, 08:49 PM   #1
subarooo
2nd Gear Member

Huge issue bleeding manual brakes

Alrighty,

Only a couple days left till berlin klassik on sunday and my brakes are holding my car back (no pun intended). Im really hoping someone can make me look stupid and help fix the issue.

So, i bought the booster delete kit from MASSIVE brakes. Put everything together as the instructions told me to, no issues there.I had to make a couple new brake lines because of the new placement of the master cylinder. The 2 front lines were fully redone. The passenger front was ran through the tranny tunnel to hide it (shaved bay stuff). The drivers front was ran directly to the calliper. Now, the rear line originally was run off the original prop valve which i just deleted hoping it would fix my issue. Still with no luck. I also just replaced the master with a brand new ATE master. And i bench bled it till there was no air.

Anyways, even with the new master i'm still getting ZERO pedal feel. Yet if i open the bleeder and slowly push the pedal it gushes out. Also if i pump the pedal and hold it it will gush out the rears but not so much the front.

If anyone can help me out that would be amazing, Im basically ready to try anything.

Thanks
Old 09-05-2013, 10:02 PM   #2
frankie591
3rd Gear Member

Try bleeding the brakes manually with the pedal? If that doesn't work I'd put your original master back in and see if that fixes the issue. As for your brake bias valve that is definitely needed so I wouldn't drive too long without that in there.
frankie591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:09 PM   #3
subarooo
2nd Gear Member

Hey man thanks for the reply. the only reason I switched master cylinders is because I thought the old one ripped a seal. The new one is the exact same. And lee recommended I delete the bias because I switched the brake ratio for 4:1 to 6:1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2013, 10:27 PM   #4
frankie591
3rd Gear Member

Well the brake pedal ratio increase will allow you to run without the booster assist, but I think you still need the bias valve in there or else your front/rear bias will be incorrect.
frankie591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:47 PM   #5
_JohnnyD_
2nd Gear Member

Take your front calipers off and clean the passage between the piston and bleeder screw. I had the same issue on my rear caliper after I rebuilt it. Crap got trapped at the bleeder screw and it wasn't bleeding properly.

Henry Ford
_JohnnyD_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:53 PM   #6
cormier
6th Gear Member

Tried pressure bleeding at all? You're getting fluid out of all the screws at a good flow?

cormier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:04 AM   #7
subarooo
2nd Gear Member

Cleaned all the calipers and blew the lines out. Re-bled the master in the car and bled the backs. Front still wouldn't bleed. After 2 hours I built a pressure bleeder and bled them from the bleeder. Brakes are good now. Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: