Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-01-2013, 03:49 PM   #1
Snarry
1st Gear Newbie

Wheels and Tires on 2014 550xi M Sport

I recently ordered a 2014 550i xDrive with the M Sport package, the luxury package, and the connected drive package from one of the dealerships in Toronto.

When ordering the M Sport package (code Z5K), the standard wheels and tires are upgraded to code 2NB, which are the 19" style 351M wheels. When ordering, I did not realize that 2NB put the same wheels (19x8.5) and same tires (245/40 all season run flats) on all four corners. I didn't even think of checking this as my last two 335s with the M Sport package have had staggered wheels and tires, with the tires always being performance tires.

After placing the order, I see from the US ordering guide that, when ordering the 550 with the M Sport package in the US, it can either be ordered with option code 2NB, which is the same as in Canada, or with option code 2ND, which gives a staggered wheel setup (19x8.5 in the front and 19x9.0 in the rear) with different tires (245/40 front and 275/35 rear -- performance run flats).

It does not appear from the Canadian ordering guide that 2ND is available in Canada, but I am wondering if anyone on this forum knows anything about this. It would seem bizarre that they would make people buying the 550 M Sport utilize all season tires and not give a summer rubber option, especially given that even the 3s with the M Sport have the staggered wheel and summer tire setup. I have asked my dealer to look into whether 2ND can be done in Canada, but I am sure that members here will just as much, if not more, insight into this matter.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Snarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:13 PM   #2
dbworld4k
Addict

I may be wrong, but I'm petty sure the XDrive cars aren't able to run the staggered setups.

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:27 PM   #3
Snarry
1st Gear Newbie

Thanks for your reply, but I don't think that's the answer. My current 335 xDrive with M Sport package has the staggered setup. Also, and more importantly, in the US, the staggered setup is clearly offered on the 550 xDrive with M Sport.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:58 AM   #4
Snarry
1st Gear Newbie

dbworld -- after looking into this issue a bit more, I wanted to send a quick note to let you know that you were absolutely correct for MY2013 -- the staggered setup was not an option for xDrive 550s (at least according to the US ordering guide -- I haven't found the Canadian one yet). Based on the 2014 ordering guide, staggered setup is available in the US and BMW Canada head office is going to look into this for me. I'll let everyone know what I hear but would love to hear from anyone else that has any knowledge of this matter.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:38 PM   #5
SickFinga

Snarry, I can confirm that pre-LCI 550i M Sports only came with staggered wheels and xDrive only came with the same width wheels in both markets
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:59 PM   #6
nnnalex
2nd Gear Member

All wheel drive cars can use staggered rims as long as the overall diameter of the tire front to back stays the same within a percent or two

Who is your dealer? If you dont mind?

Ask the dealer to put any type rims and tires that you wish when the car gets delivered. A good dealer will do that no problem

Last edited by nnnalex; 09-06-2013 at 10:03 PM.
nnnalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:26 PM   #7
Snarry
1st Gear Newbie

Through discussions with BMW Canada, I was able to get my order amended to include 2ND even though it is not on the Canadian ordering guide.

Tags
2014 550, 550i wheels, lci 550

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: