Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #16
captain E34
Sliding Sideways

Cmon guys! hes just trying to fit in

1988 535i M30 (Turbo Build)
1990 520i Soon To Be S52 (Turbo Build)
1991 520i M50 (Beater)
1989 535i M30 (Beater)
1994 525it M50 (Beater
2009 335i (Daily)
1997 M3 (Donor Car)
The Rest Is History...
Old 09-16-2013, 05:56 PM   #17
SamE30e
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Verty View Post
The ONLY issue I have is exactly as you stated. I bought something second hand and I am having trouble getting support. Hence me asking for support from people who might have a WARchip.

Here's a quick lesson:

The "24 pound" means that the injectors have a flow rate per unit time at a constant duty cycle and supply pressure.

I can adjust:
-The injection duration wrt load-- Using the WARchip
-The pressure in the fuel rail wrt manifold pressure --using the rising rate fuel pressure regulator.

Therefore; I can dynamically adjust the amount of fuel entering the combustion chamber.

I can agree that this might not work well for the average setup. The conditions I have with the modifications from my bachelor thesis change how lean I can go.

RRFPRs often get a bad name because people dont know/dont care to tune and support them properly. They just say they don't work and get bigger injectors.

Thanks, and Please let me know if you have WARchip Tunes!!
You do realize that you're trying to preach to people who have experience in doing these types of things. And one of whom does it for a living....

If your statement was correct, then there would be no reason to buy larger injectors. If you put too much pressure through a small injector causes a terrible spray pattern and actually causes it to pour into the cylinder as opposed to a spray. Also, the duration can only be so long.

The E30 has enough options for after market management. The Miller W.A.R chip is for N/A car's that don't want to open source tune with a Moates. A PNP Megasquirt would be your best bet, it has the most features and is the most cost efficient.

Do what Devon and Sasha said from the start. Larger injectors, Megasquirt (Which will convert to speed density), and tune it... You won't regret it. Sell the W.A.R chip.
02 325i Sedan

Last edited by SamE30e; 09-16-2013 at 05:58 PM.
SamE30e is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: