Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-01-2013, 12:31 PM   #16
davericher20
black and blue

Wow, 10 over!? Insanity.

My worst is a 146 in a 100....didnt even fight it.

The best ticket I got said 65 km/hr in a 75 km/hr zone.....that was a cool cop, did it on purpose cause I showed him a little tit and flirted alot. Got it thrown out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:03 PM   #17
windwagen
6th Gear Member

I stumbled on a trick you can try.... keep some expired insurance slips in your car.

Scene 1 - new company car... crappy Journey. Floor it right out of the office driveway and into a speedtrap. I told the officer I wasn't used to the car..it only had 30 km on the clock.... didn't buy that. Then I found out that there was no insurance slip in the car. Cop asked me if I wanted a the speeding ticket or no insurance, which also is no points.....

Scene 2 - Had the M5 for one month. Got off the 407 ramp at 9th line at about 1 am. Let it rip after turning right - blow past a minivan, redline 2nd gear - oooops - here's a black police car hiding in the darkness.... uhhhh - redline in second gear is about 100 kph! Cop says I was going 105... just shy of stunt driving, tow car, lose license etc... Oh, and your insurance is expired... Huh - That slip just arrived in the mail. But he was right, I had new slips at home... Same deal. He gave me the insurance ticket instead and complimented my car.

I got some dumb tickets in Winnipeg. I was there for business and rented a 5.0L Mustang. I drove it like a madman. A few months later, I get a letter from Hertz. Not one, but two photoradar tickets!!! Oh boy... well, I deserved them but the strange thing was that they were for 6 am at the same intersection, two days in a row. I was going to work with a coffee in my hand. Tickets were only 8 and 12 over, but both were $300.00. I went to the courthouse next visit to Winnipeg and the clerk figured that I wouldn't have done it a second time if I was aware. They dropped one.

On this trip, I avoided the 5.0 Mustang and got a Maxima. I was more aware of the photo radar, but still got a ticket! Next trip, I was really paranoid about photoradar. Within 5 km of the airport, I noticed a f'in camera flash - wtf!!!! Speed limit on hwy 90 changes 4 times in 1 km! 60-70-80-50... I never received that ticket though....
windwagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:20 AM   #18
South
3rd Gear Member

ticket for driving without insurance is how much? thousands?
South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:12 AM   #19
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

My youth was full of tickets, now I pay little since I've learned my lesson.

143 in a 80 zone (hwy 115) heading to Lindsay. Lucky for me, the Ontario stunt driving law just so happened to come into effect. I was lucky to get a nice cop, he dropped it to 49km over and said if I want to fight it, he will make sure he arrives and will try to reverse the charges to the original clocked speed.

Friends doing donuts in Timmies parking lot, I decide to leave without them because I want to avoid cops, what happens! cop pulls me over because he thinks I was doing it, I also stopped beside my friend at the time and said to him to meet at home, he made off, cop thinks were drag racing even though I waiting a few minutes before leaving, here's the list of tickets I got for that night.
-No insurance slip (I was actually driving without insurance but Durham cop was kind enough to let me leave). Avoided a 5grand ticket and taking my car/license along with it.
-36km over the limit
-expired temp tag
-excessive noise
That night cost over 500+$ in tickets.

I've also been caught without a seat belt in Brampton in a 5-ton truck just turning onto the street going into the next driveway to make another pick-up.

Somehow for all those tickets being without a few years of each other, the most I ever paid was 340$/mth for insurance.

I've learned a lot from those dummy days. I rarely speed, and wear my seat belt before I even turn on the car now, no longer hang out with ricers, only mature people for the most part.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:31 PM   #20
windwagen
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by South View Post
ticket for driving without insurance is how much? thousands?
Insurance SLIP....
windwagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #21
matt123494
2nd Gear Member

>turning left onto eglington from don mills
>car infront of me does about 10km/h in the intersection while light is changing
>i pull out right and pass only to be pulled over
>says "do you think you are racing or somthing?"
>gives me ticket and is a complete ass about it
>i ask "if i wasnt in a M3 would he have asked that question, i was only doing 20 ish when i passed"
>dosent say anything and walks away.
cant remember the name of the ticket but its for changing lanes while in a intersection.
he should have dropped it because car infront was going way too slow.
matt123494 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: