Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-16-2013, 05:25 PM   #106
m3dragon
Events Guy

With the new season of Top Gear on now, I can share my images from my visit there. While on honeymoon, we stopped by to see the airfield as well as the studios. We initially were told no but when the guard found out we were on honeymoon he gave us a tour.

We got to see the new reasonably priced cars, the trailers that were really the Top Gear production offices and inside at the studio. The studio was not setup yet as they just finishing filming a movie there. It is worth to note that production offices are really the production offices, even though they made jokes about it. One last interesting thing is the stars that come on the show enter through a storage closet LOL. All the budget for the show is for the cars and trips is for sure.

I could not post it until now as we were there before the show aired and did not want to get anyone in trouble.

While there we also saw the new McLaren Mp12-4C GT being tested. We could not take pictures of it of course but saw it flying down the runway. It was flat black and flyís like a bat out of hell.

I also got a souvenir that I canít post what it is but if you ever are coming to an event, remind me to bring the official paper work I have of TG =). It was a great time there and the guard was a amazing wealth of knowledge and hoot to talk to.

All the images I was allowed to take.

Old 09-16-2013, 04:01 PM   #107
m3dragon
Events Guy

Sorry for the lack of updates.

I will have some images of the new toys that just came in but in the mean time I wanted to give some feedback on the current setup.

On 9/14 completed a 255 mile drive around Lake Tahoe with a crest of about 8900 feet. The car was running great but I think I need to tune the car better as it felt down on power more than I was expecting. Also the clutch seems to slip a little when running AC so not sure if I finally wore out my clutch or if it is a tune issue as well.

I am still trying to figure out a rear 02 issue and get the airbag sensors figure out.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:17 PM   #108
m3dragon
Events Guy

Here are some of the images from the Lake Tahoe Drive. This is for those out there who think this is a garage queen, I think NOT. 255 miles and some serious bug death.

Old 10-15-2013, 03:22 PM   #109
m3dragon
Events Guy

Recent updates in the world of car modding.

Purchased a new DME so I now run the MSS54HP module vs the none HP module. This was done so I could have an H-bridge installed in an effort to have the flap work. Having the flap working is more of a novlty and once working I will RE-disable it LOL.

Below are image of the new CSL Map rail and map sensor. These were installed to have the car use the map sensor for low RPM reading and AlphaN for high band.

Map Rail

Map Sensor

Old 10-30-2013, 07:09 PM   #110
m3dragon
Events Guy

Door panels arrived today. They are a little rough but they are fixable thankfully. Seller did a great job packaging them and was honest about their condition. Next step is to have the scratches buffed out and place in my door frames which are in better shape.

OK Fern, now you canít say I am posing now with the door panels ;-P

Old 10-31-2013, 08:57 PM   #111
1bmw1
3rd Gear Member

Very nice!! Keep em coming!
Old 11-20-2013, 11:14 AM   #112
m3dragon
Events Guy

So a random update. Last night for some reason, I went off reservation and ordered some parts that make absolutely no sense. I decided to order based my cost analysis from looking at so many different possible directions. The cost came out to a few hundred less to go this way but still off reservation.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: