Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-15-2013, 04:20 AM   #1
Burfy
1st Gear Newbie

Anyone ordered from Carolina Clutch and Performance

http://www.carolinaclutch.com

I am looking to purchase a Valeo clutch conversion kit from them for my 2000 323CI as they have been the cheapest I can find.
Burfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:11 AM   #2
Slowered318
Powered by Budgies

Did you end up buying the Valeo clutch conversion kit? I did, went with amazon.com and had it shipped to a US address. $450 USD + duty but packaging was a failure.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:27 AM   #3
Burfy
1st Gear Newbie

I did buy it from them. The shipping was reasonably priced but all they did was put some banding on the package and sent it. Needless to say the plastic release bearing was obliterated when I opened the package. They were excellent about refunding me some money towards getting one locally. The customer service was amazing. I would recommend dealing with them for their service alone.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:19 PM   #4
Slowered318
Powered by Budgies

Exact same thing happened to me, you would think Valeo would source out better packaging? The car feels completely different (in a good way) but I'm getting a slight jitter off the lights and gearbox whine. Wondering if it goes away with time or if something is off balance?
Old 06-30-2013, 12:29 AM   #5
5ABIVT
Cheap reliable fast.Pick2

All us vette guys like them. I just ordered a clutch and alum flywheel for the zr1 from them.
5ABIVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:24 PM   #6
Burfy
1st Gear Newbie

The jitter is normal especially when brand new. Or at least from experience, I've found almost all aftermarket clutches chatter a bit as they get seated to the new flywheel. If its still there 3 months later there's a problem.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:50 AM   #7
Slowered318
Powered by Budgies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burfy View Post
The jitter is normal especially when brand new. Or at least from experience, I've found almost all aftermarket clutches chatter a bit as they get seated to the new flywheel. If its still there 3 months later there's a problem.
I figured as much, this is just part of the manual transmission experience

I'm more concerned with the whine sound actually. It's somewhat like reverse gear but a little more "grunt and grind" to it, only when accelerating under 2,500 rpm. Could just be some mechanical (4 cylinder) noise coming through the solid flywheel to the transmission.

I still have to bleed the clutch and install new shift linkage, otherwise pretty happy with it.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:24 AM   #8
Burfy
1st Gear Newbie

Did you change your pilot bearing?
Old 07-06-2013, 02:33 AM   #9
Slowered318