Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-02-2013, 02:30 PM   #1
Adi™
1st Gear Newbie

Need to replace driver side headlight

I'm just wondering for my 2007 X3, which bulb should I be looking into. I see a lot of different kinds online and I'm not sure which to use. I think the car came with the Xenon already I read that it's better to replace both at the same time, so I'll probably do that. I also notice that the high beam on the same side isn't working either... Is it just one bulb for both?

Thanks in advance for any input from you guys here, going to see if I can google a DIY to replacing these.

Last edited by Adi™; 07-02-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Adi™ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:23 PM   #2
BmW1819
6th Gear Member

Its a xenon its a d1s i think or a d2s take the cover off if it has a box attached to the bulb its d1s if the box is removeable its a d2s
BmW1819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:02 PM   #3
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Your need D1S, i'd recommend replacing both to get a good match.

shameless, shameless plug (i own this website)
http://absolutehid.ca/index.php/d1s-d1r-d1c.html

if you'd like to place an order use coupon code torlocal at checkout (will only work for GTA area, and after you type in post code)

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's supersports, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC short shift GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
http://absolutehid.ca hid kit
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:24 PM   #4
Adi™
1st Gear Newbie

Oh sweet, thanks for the link. I think I'll grab a pair from there, price wasn't as scary as some of my friends were making it out to be. The thought of having a blue tinge sounds like something I'd like to try lol, so deciding if I want to try the 6000k or 8000k... Google images shows that there almost the same...

I was hoping that I can do the change myself but I read that these bulbs are super fragile and it can be a pain to change (especially the passenger side) so I guess I'll to find a video or find someone to guide me through it.

Thanks again.

-Stephen
Old 07-15-2013, 04:05 PM   #5
Adi™
1st Gear Newbie

Well, the bulbs have arrived. Took a look under the hood and tinkered around a little before I headed to work, just to see what I'd be looking forward to when replacing them.

Getting the air filter housing out the way was real simple, took under two minutes and removed the cover for the lightbulb. I just can't figure out how to pull the sucker out. Search of Google told me it should just pull straight out but it doesn't seem to, somewhere said to push down while pulling it out but that didn't get it out either.

Anyone can share some tips on how to remove it?

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/k...pse212027f.jpg

-Stephen
Old 07-22-2013, 09:27 PM   #6
BmW1819
6th Gear Member

msg me if u need a hand
BmW1819 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: