Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-18-2013, 03:17 AM   #1
matryx
1st Gear Newbie

changing all fluids

I'm looking to change all my fluids in my 2007 BMW 328i with a manual transmission.

I called my BMW Maranellow dealership the other day to get prices from all the fluids to change in my 2007 328i 6MT. I wanted to see if I should pick the fluids up at ECStuning since I'm heading to Niagara Falls next Saturday to pick up my rims, car parts, and detailing stuff.
They told me for my manual and differential fluid I would have to look at the casing to know exactly which fluid to use and also with the power steering fluid.

Since I'm planning to use Redline or Royal Purple I was wondering if it would be ok to use them instead? I'm thinking of ordering all the fluids at ESCtuning unless someone knows of another place with better prices in the States.

Fluids I'm looking to purchase:

-Coolant
-Power Steering
-Brake
-Transmission
-Differential
matryx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:32 PM   #2
heritage
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by matryx View Post
I'm looking to change all my fluids in my 2007 BMW 328i with a manual transmission.

I called my BMW Maranellow dealership the other day to get prices from all the fluids to change in my 2007 328i 6MT. I wanted to see if I should pick the fluids up at ECStuning since I'm heading to Niagara Falls next Saturday to pick up my rims, car parts, and detailing stuff.
They told me for my manual and differential fluid I would have to look at the casing to know exactly which fluid to use and also with the power steering fluid.

Since I'm planning to use Redline or Royal Purple I was wondering if it would be ok to use them instead? I'm thinking of ordering all the fluids at ESCtuning unless someone knows of another place with better prices in the States.

Fluids I'm looking to purchase:

-Coolant
-Power Steering
-Brake
-Transmission
-Differential
I'm not prepared to offer a recomendation regarding other fluid changes but do know that I buy Liqui Moly Longtime Time High tech engine oil for $27.95 (5L) at A&A auto Parts in Hamilton. That is less expensive than the same from ECS. They also have some Royal Purple products at very good prices. Might be worth a phone call.
heritage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #3
matryx
1st Gear Newbie

I've actually well stocked for oil changes. Just not sure about the other fluid changes like the transmission, differential, and coolant
Old 05-18-2013, 10:14 PM   #4
heritage
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by matryx View Post
I've actually well stocked for oil changes. Just not sure about the other fluid changes like the transmission, differential, and coolant
Have the same '07 328i E90. Had the GM transmission flushed and fluids changed at an independent dealer for a cost of $325.00 which included filter and pan cleaning.
heritage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:20 AM   #5
kenmasters
1st Gear Newbie

Do you a search and it may reveal a few options. However, in the case of tranny fluid the type of oil recommended changed year over year/month to month, and you need to look at the label on the transmission to know exactly what oil you need.
kenmasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:09 PM   #6
matryx
1st Gear Newbie

Not sure what to look for but I jack up the car the other day and couldn't find anything that I could read. I'm just going to put Redline ATF D6 that everyone recommends.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:37 AM   #7
DimSumE90
2nd Gear Member

-Coolant - BMW COOLANT
-Power Steering - chf11s pentosin
-Brake - BMW OEM Fluid
-Transmission - Redline D4ATF
-Differential - LubroMolly Fully Synthetic Gear Oil.

This is what I run in my car. 160,000K still running strong.

www.littlebimmer.com
DimSumE90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:14 AM   #8
Max_VQ
3rd Gear Member

My E39 has 305,000 Km and runs strong. I use:
-Coolant: BMW

-Brake Fluid: ATE SL.6 (this is the low viscosity version)
http://www.ate-na.com/generator/www/...bf_sl6_us.html

-Manual Tranny: Tried Red Line MTL, and Royal Purple. No good, the shifts were "crunchy"
Pentosin MTF-2 (designed for ZF and Getrag) http://www.pentosin.net/specsheets/Pentosin_MTF-2.pdf
-or-
BMW bulk at Budd's @ $35 / liter.

For the diff, any synthetic GL-5 in the correct weight will do.
Max_VQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: