Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-23-2013, 11:49 AM   #46
Effay
2nd Gear Member

thanks for this!!

im not sure how wide your wheels are but if their a high offset you might need spacers for the front if you plan on scraping through the town.

but really. thanks for the review I was waiting for your insight on th buy

Old 05-23-2013, 12:26 PM   #47
jabela
4th Gear Member

Where'd you get the coilovers? How much?

Do you need the kidney grills for your car? I just replaced mine, so you can have my old ones for free. Some of the tabs are broken, but it still held in place using some wedges.

2002 E46 325ci // 5spd // ISC N1 Coilovers
www.modernapothecary.ca
jabela is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:35 PM   #48
AutoWerkez
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabela View Post
Where'd you get the coilovers? How much?

Do you need the kidney grills for your car? I just replaced mine, so you can have my old ones for free. Some of the tabs are broken, but it still held in place using some wedges.
No thats for the offer I need to repair my hood before I install the ones I have and I got them from a supplier on Kijiji.

A wise mechanic once told me, "working on cars is like sex, you have to know where to touch and how to push."

Follow Me on Instagram @_instashift !
AutoWerkez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:59 PM   #49
AutoWerkez
2nd Gear Member

So I've been sick the past couple days and since I was in bed most of these days I spent some time in my car putting in a couple things I picked up.

Installed a CD53 deck after talking to another e46 owner but he neglected to tell me I needed the antenna amplifier with the same frequency as my old antenna amp and a special wire so connect the antenna to the deck but oh well, main reason I wanted it was so I could keep the oem look but have AUX! You just need to order a aux wire for the cd53 off ebay or you can go to your local dealership ask em for the kit but I think 10 bucks for the cable is probably worth it.

[IMG][/IMG]

Also got my hands a weighted illuminated shift knob, wired it in easiest tapping point is where the night light for the cigarette lighter is literally a 10 minute install if you know what you're doing.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Also got my hands on a new central locking switch didn't realise my old one was just cracked at the bottom and wasn't allowing the button to be properly pushed in, so I used super glue and duct tape to hold it all together, Yeah i know its a bmw but hey you can't see the repair, all you can see is that it works

Need to do my CCV soon, Need to polish and wax my car, Need to Get new rubber for my new wheels and I need to get my clutch replaced so much to do but only so much money and so much time. Hopefully get the CCV done for sunday.

A wise mechanic once told me, "working on cars is like sex, you have to know where to touch and how to push."

Old 06-15-2013, 09:54 PM   #50
Effay
2nd Gear Member

when you toss those wheels on its gonna look beaut with the drop
Old 09-16-2013, 07:55 AM   #51
AutoWerkez
2nd Gear Member

Finally my car is almost complete!

Effay you are on point with that comment, it does look amazing check it out

This summer I was way to busy with work and trying to hold things together at home, so I never got a chance to actually put this bad boy on the road. But I guess its a good thing, now I have time to install my CCV, install my clutch and get some well deserved body work done.

Still want to lower the rear end a tiny bit more but its perfect for now. And for those who want to know about my coilovers and how they are still. I do drive it to stretch its legs around the block with dealer plates, and no noise on turns or bumps, only thing I think I will need to get is adjustable end links because I feel as if the ones that came in the kit will turn out to be no good later on but until then

Old 09-16-2013, 01:26 PM   #52
cormier
6th Gear Member

Very nice look with the VMRs on.

cormier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:45 AM   #53
AutoWerkez
2nd Gear Member

Thanks cormier! I got some fine adjustment to do with the alignment and ride height but I'll save that for the spring before I put the car on the road. Sucks being a student, always in debt (N)

Old 12-14-2013, 09:26 PM   #54
Effay
2nd Gear Member

your bringing it back to life.. very nice
Old 12-15-2013, 01:17 AM   #55
bmw.ae
DO U EVEN SHIFT BRO?

inspiring, i cant wait to see what she'll look like come summer time. free cars are awesome! i just got a e46 so im taking notes..
1994 320i sedan - RIP
2004 mazda 6 - RIP
1994 mazda mx6 mystere -sold
2000 chrysler neon - sold
1993 honda civic dx coupe - sold
1989 nissan 240sx - RIP
1989 honda civic si (ef) x 2 - sold/seized
bmw.ae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #56
AutoWerkez
2nd Gear Member

Thanks Effay and bmw.ae, I'm been busy with school so i haven't been able to get a lot of work done to it so far, but once the weather gets better I'm getting ready to get my clutch installed and replace a couple of the bushings in the back, and a little body work needs to be done, this may I hope to have her on the road. The struggles of being a student lol.

Old 05-08-2014, 05:19 PM   #57
Effay
2nd Gear Member

Any updates ?

Tags
bmw e46 328ci project

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: