Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-15-2013, 09:28 AM   #1
blown07
Custom User Title here

Oil Cooler options

Hi All,
I have an '07 w/o a cooler but with my mods I have seen the oil temp go slightly past the 120C mark briefly before I have to take it easly and let it recover (street driving only). I haven't driven the car through a summer yet so I'm lookin' for options for an oil cooler. From what I've seen Stett have a Stage 2 setup with an option that includes the oil filter adapter for just an extra $300 but the rest of the kit seems over priced to me. Lookin' for anyone's ideas on an ecconimcal way to do this as I have tried to source the oil filter adapter with cooler option but can't find one. Comments welcome.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:47 PM   #2
tofubomb
1st Gear Newbie

Any thoughts of sourcing an OEM oil cooler? Perfect fitment and reliable IMO. My temp never rose over 120 with hard driving, in cool weather it stays around 100. Not sure if you're planning to do some track duty though.
tofubomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:39 PM   #3
blown07
Custom User Title here

Are you modified? cause those temp sound good to me. I would have been happy to just use a factory cooler but couldn't find one at the wreckers. I have the Stett stage 2 on order now. Probably overkill but they had them in stock. The kit I ordered includes the oil filter adapter so it is truly a complete kit for a non factory cooler car.
Cheers

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: