Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 7 series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-04-2013, 08:25 PM   #31
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7

I'm in the club. But my current average with my fillup (already drove 500km and still have 1/4 left) is 11 L / 100km

This is in the 2000 Audi A8. I guess that's what you get with the 600 lb weight difference vs the 7 series?

The 525iT used to get just as bad mileage with the auto

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform

Last edited by BMW_7; 06-04-2013 at 08:31 PM.
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 04:06 PM   #32
///AMG
1st Gear Newbie

Thanks for the numbers guys, I am currently in the market for a late model e38. I am currently driving a MB.

12.9 L/100km (city driving) in my 94 E420 and that was my highest ever. Generally I get something like 11.9 L/100km. Its a low(er) number due to the low final ratio in my diff. Only 2.28 if I remember correctly. And IIRC the e38 has a 2.93 diff gearing. A lot quicker but a lot more thirsty.

But for the higher comfort level that the E38 offers I'd gladly take the increased fuel milage.
///AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:53 AM   #33
visal911
1st Gear Newbie

Are you selling that E420?

I love those v8 w124's. Big sedans with a V8 is something to love, nothing like it on the highway. I was looking for a 400e but then this 735 5 speed came up for sale, had to have it

I get 11L/100 highway and about 14 city. I think the V8 might do better.
Mercedes W124 300ce

91 318is - Looking for
visal911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 04:11 PM   #34
dece_dece
2nd Gear Member

13.6 l city hwy
dece_dece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 09:59 AM   #35
Kojak
Kojak

740 i gas milage

Hi ...I own a E32 ...1994 ...740i ...V8 ...I do not get great gas milage ...always way under 20 mpg ...even with a lot of highway driving. But ...I drive fast. The engine is NOT 100% stock ...it has been chipped? ...tuned by Hamann in Germany ...where it was manufactured ...I got it via Florida & it's in Canada now.

However; I just bought a 2008 528i base sedan ...& drove it almost across Canada 4,400 Kilometers or 2,700 miles with the cruise control on at 75 mph. when I could ...& I did not hesitate to tramp it down to pass. In other words ...I drove normal. The entire fuel bill was $418. dollars @ $4.40 per gallon. Do the math ...my computer displayed 39 mpg. AND ...this was on winter Michelin Run Flat tires ...among the worst tires I EVER owned!!!! It is simply the most economical BMW I've owned. Oh ...and it is not a mutt ...that N55 engine? 6 inline 3.0 L has got this car up to 160 mph ...the limiter was kicking in but it showed me that on both the speedo, in my car performance data & on the GPS. The AMG driver who I finally caught up to verified that speed as well ...lol! What fun ...& that is why we buy these type of cars? But ...it ain't no 7 series either!!! ...lol. Drive safe ...Jim

Last edited by Kojak; 06-06-2015 at 10:07 AM.
Kojak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 02:50 PM   #36
SFX Group
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via Skype™ to SFX Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojak View Post
However; I just bought a 2008 528i base sedan ...& drove it almost across Canada 4,400 Kilometers or 2,700 miles with the cruise control on at 75 mph. when I could ...& I did not hesitate to tramp it down to pass. In other words ...I drove normal. The entire fuel bill was $418. dollars @ $4.40 per gallon. Do the math ...my computer displayed 39 mpg. AND ...this was on winter Michelin Run Flat tires ...among the worst tires I EVER owned!!!! It is simply the most economical BMW I've owned. Oh ...and it is not a mutt ...that N55 engine? 6 inline 3.0 L has got this car up to 160 mph ...the limiter was kicking in but it showed me that on both the speedo, in my car performance data & on the GPS. The AMG driver who I finally caught up to verified that speed as well ...lol! What fun ...& that is why we buy these type of cars? But ...it ain't no 7 series either!!! ...lol. Drive safe ...Jim
This is handy to know, i am looking at the X5 2007+ 3.0, i might be the same engine, the dealer said to look at the 4 liter engine but not many people bought those it appears.

::: My Videos :::
::: LED side indicators ::: Navigation Mk2 to Mk4 upgrade ::: Glovebox position damper ::: 740Li 2013 tour ::: Voice Control teaser trailer :::

>>> Click picture to see my car used on TV as the James Bond car <<<<

SFX Group is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 06:04 PM   #37
Kojak
Kojak

Nice 7's SFX ...love the M wheels on the black one. I can't tell you if the 2007 X5 3.0 L engine is the same or not ...but I'm betting the gearing & weight will hold you shy of that type of mileage ...but it is a great motor. It tends to be rough at idle in gear ...but smooth's out & accelerates like a larger engine! Since the trip ...I do only in town & rural driving ...I drive hard & fast when I can & NEVER try to conserve fuel & my Car Data indicates 24 mpg.
I'm VERY happy with it.
Kojak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 06:17 PM   #38
SFX Group
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via Skype™ to SFX Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojak View Post
but I'm betting the gearing & weight will hold you shy of that type of mileage
The dealer told me to avoid the 3.0 in the X5, likely due to what your saying, problem is everyone (at least in Canada) seems to have bought the 3.0 and had alot of toys fitted to them, so finding the larger engine with at least the navigation and Tech package (gives reversing camera etc..) is impossible.

::: My Videos :::
::: LED side indicators ::: Navigation Mk2 to Mk4 upgrade ::: Glovebox position damper ::: 740Li 2013 tour ::: Voice Control teaser trailer :::

>>> Click picture to see my car used on TV as the James Bond car <<<<

SFX Group is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: