Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-23-2013, 03:22 PM   #76
Sickbimmer
750HP turbo E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR View Post
You sound like another ultimate bench racer.

I think your build was very nice, but unless you have track numbers to back up your cars dyno numbers, it's just another dyno queen.

So this season, head up to Cayuga and run the car. If the numbers at the track match the dyno numbers no one will question you running your mouth.
Why is the 1/4mile the benchmark? I can understand maybe the trap times to verify the power. Some people don't want to make a M3 a drag car. It's well known they make horrible track cars. 60-130 sound like the new benchmark for cars, Takes driver error out of the equation and focuses on the cars power.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:14 PM   #77
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
you guys are funny. fabios car is absolutely visceral on the street.

and about it being peaky on power (which s54 isn't, exactly?), car getting too hot @ 100%, who the **** cares. a stage 1 HPF car will smoke 99.9% of cars on the street running at 80%.

if you wanna build a better turbo kit yourself, do it, the guys with HPF kits will dump them and buy yours. until that day, there's just a lot of hot air in here.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:26 PM   #78
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
(which s54 isn't, exactly?)
Like every naturally aspirated S54?

No FI kit can provide anywhere near the linear torque production of an NA S54. It's literally perfect out the box.

All IMHO.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:32 PM   #79
propr'one
op sucks cock

hmm. i still end up banging mine around at 5K all the time. maybe i should stop?

Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
Old 05-23-2013, 04:41 PM   #80
Mystikal

5000rpm is only 158km/h with our diffs in 5th. So, I guess I'm guilty of that too.

@stancejay
Old 05-23-2013, 04:42 PM   #81
propr'one
op sucks cock

i just wish my car would decide what its redline is, it keeps changing its mind.

hid headlights hid kit
Old 05-23-2013, 04:44 PM   #82
Mystikal

Sounds like a tuning problem. You sure you don't have an HPF kit?

I kid, I kid

@stancejay
Old 05-23-2013, 04:55 PM   #83
dbworld4k
Addict

Looks like that car in the dyno has some DISA issues. Lol.

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:01 PM   #84
e30_kid89
The Afro-stig

Send a message via MSN to e30_kid89

not as linear as N/A but hey look, there's torque! LOL. That is a Maxpsi dyno graph from their stg 1.

A turbo s54 isn't interesting IMO without properly working vanos...It's a whole new animal with it!

Last edited by e30_kid89; 05-23-2013 at 06:04 PM.
e30_kid89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:57 AM   #85
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickbimmer View Post
Why is the 1/4mile the benchmark?
Because the 1/4 mile is the only way to verify what the car is truly making.

Dynos are good for an inflated ego and great for a tuning tool, but track times will not lie. If you have an 800whp and are trapping 130mph, your car is obviously not making 800whp.

Quote:
I can understand maybe the trap times to verify the power. Some people don't want to make a M3 a drag car. It's well known they make horrible track cars.
Oh please, that's just a BS excuse. EVERY car no matter what kind is capable of running down the 1/4 mile. I don't even get what you mean by "make it a drag car" no one is telling you to strip the interior, tub the rear end and put in some lexan windows. Just run the damn car like a man and see what happens.

Quote:
60-130 sound like the new benchmark for cars, Takes driver error out of the equation and focuses on the cars power.
60-130 relies heavily on the cars TQ band and gearing. 1/4 mile is still king of measuring the cars actual power output.

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
you guys are funny. fabios car is absolutely visceral on the street.

and about it being peaky on power (which s54 isn't, exactly?), car getting too hot @ 100%, who the **** cares. a stage 1 HPF car will smoke 99.9% of cars on the street running at 80%.
You know what's funny? HPF cars with their piggyback AEM ECU. Just because a stage 1 HPF car makes decent peak power doesn't mean it's running right. Compare the area under the curve between an HPF stage 1 car and the MaxPSI stage 1 cars. That is the difference.

Last edited by NOTORIOUS VR; 05-24-2013 at 10:00 AM.
NOTORIOUS VR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:06 AM   #86
Steve30
Techno Viking

The only HPF kit that looked promising was their twin turbo setup for the right hand drive car they did. I can't find the dyno but it made really nice torque. The FI section at bfc constantly gave them shit for never posting tq #'s lol. Makes sense, they were called horsepower freaks not torquefreaks. Jay, who's dyno graph is that?

E36 ///M3 S54
E30 325 Project
Steve30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:15 PM   #87
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

any proper turbo car will have a killer flat curve...like the one e30kid posted. dats hawt as fawk.

anyways...making hp is mostly about $$$ at the end of the day. Its not really all that hard anymore..back in the day(like 10+ yrs ago) it actually took some skill and know how. There has been such a leap forward in that area in the last 10 yrs especially in the tuning world that really...its cake now. So many parts, so many new turbos, manifolds etc and lots of tuning options and tons of knowledge out there from others if you dont know yourself. Slap down some cash and go. If you want to diy there are so many resources available.
chasing power is a never ending fight..but its never been as easy as it is now. Ive chased it before ...still enjoy it and seeing some good builds but imo its boring.
so are these stupid arguments. hpf is more about fluff theres no denying that. Something like the maxpsi kit or e30kids diy(im pretty sure) proper done stuff are what I like to see.

anyways, maybe thats my justification for not dumping more money into my car. But id rather just worry about the experience at this point.

the oem hp wars makes it even more cray out there in terms of power and ease of availability . yawn.

give me a balanced car that sounds good and I can enjoy. Ill take it over 800 whp any day lol traction problems.
You can make almost anything have a reliable 500whp these days. so what?

if you want to see what your car can do take it out and measure it. If you built it yourself than you get some satisfaction in seeing what you built perform...if you bought your shit... well you can see what your money bought you(which is cool to i guess but a much different thing).
theres always someone faster out there.
Run your shit and have some fun.
What hp your car makes is not a reflection of you. They are a luxury we all enjoy.

Last edited by SiR; 05-24-2013 at 12:24 PM.
SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:40 PM   #88
Steve30
Techno Viking

^^I wish there was a like button because I'd click it. Good post.

E36 ///M3 S54
E30 325 Project
Steve30 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
burnout, e46, race, turbo

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: