Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-14-2013, 01:14 PM   #16
DIY
Permanently Dirty

No error codes, so I presume the mixture is just within the limits otherwise the O2 would set off the engine light..
As for the CTS Ill check that tonight, I got a few spares thankfully. But cold or hot it still happens just at different RPM
Old 05-14-2013, 09:30 PM   #17
DIY
Permanently Dirty

ok so interesting set of developments..
tonight I swapped ECU's first without my EAT chip and since that didnt SOUND much better, i then swapped em ... also seemed like it still wasnt working right.

so I put it back to what I had origonally and it reved fine but wasnt idling smooth .. so I took it around the block a few times, then on the highway ... the whole power band is smooth now so no more jerkin/ misfire..

BUT! now the idle is reeealy irratic and stalls often. Also I am now getting my engine light flickering on when it actually does idle and when driving at constant speed...

tomorrows work:
finally check the AFM, and the CTS ... and I think I got a spare ICV lying around I'll try that too

so maybe my EAT chip was just loose? I dont get it...

thanks for your suggestions so far everyone!!

Last edited by DIY; 05-14-2013 at 09:33 PM.
DIY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:46 PM   #18
Deetow
2nd Gear Member

If you need help on the weekend give me a shout. Ill swing by after i get my new brake line in.
Deetow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #19
DIY
Permanently Dirty

SUCCESS!!!!

So todayI took out my icv and gave it a cleaning.. my thought is it was jammed open from not having th o2 sensor in for so long .. and that solved my idle issue ( but I still think its not working properly so i'll source a new one when it gets bad again .)

so that and a combination of my EAT chip possibly being loose seemed to have been my problem.

thank you everyone for your help in this matter!!
took it out for a drive today and apart from me needing to adjust my valves it seems to be better

Deetow you are most welcome to come over on saturday! I have an assortment of go fast parts im picking up from buffalo in the mornin ... muahahaha
Old 05-16-2013, 05:43 PM   #20
DIY
Permanently Dirty

Sooo you know how I said it was fixed? ... Yah funny thing ... As I sit here on the so as I sit here on the side of the highway ... Pndering why me .. And wtf I thought this was fixed .. I check something I should have just checked first ...

The real issue was the ground on the shock tower .. Aaaaand! A nut on my coil pack ...

Oh well lesson learned ... Sorry for wasting everybodys time

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: