Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > BMW Cars For Sale
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #91
JJJames
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by petevw View Post
Yes it was a matter of principal.

It was a weasel move on his behalf. He beat me up from my asking price, and tried to kick me in the nuts at the end with a smirk. No thanks.

If I needed to the cash, and was desperate to sell, then I would have taken his cheque. His mechanic was asked what do you see as a possible item that needs to be replaced in the next year or so? He replied, maybe the driver rear control arm bushing after leaning into it with a 4ft prybar. His direction was to also create a shit list to justify the another drop in price.

Enjoy the day guys,
I'd have done the same
JJJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:42 AM   #92
petevw
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJames View Post
I'd have done the same
Really? Explain.

When I make deals; houses/condos/car parts etc.... I pay what is agreed upon. If I'm closing on a house, and I tell my lawyer hold back 15k because I know they need the sale to move into there new house, that's ok?

If we meet for some parts and you list for $500, I show up and bargain down to $450, and the. Reach into my ATM/pocket and pull out $400 and say that's all I got, that's cool?

I guess I'm on a different wavelength than most.

As for what happened, I would take the cost of replacing the part that "could possibly/maybe need replacing" in the next year or 2, to make the deal happen. But it didn't play out that way.

Remember, the car is being sold etested and safetied.
1965 21window Bus
1952 Split Beetle

Last edited by petevw; 05-15-2013 at 10:44 AM.
petevw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:50 AM   #93
JJJames
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by petevw View Post
Really? Explain.

When I make deals; houses/condos/car parts etc.... I pay what is agreed upon. If I'm closing on a house, and I tell my lawyer hold back 15k because I know they need the sale to move into there new house, that's ok?

If we meet for some parts and you list for $500, I show up and bargain down to $450, and the. Reach into my ATM/pocket and pull out $400 and say that's all I got, that's cool?

I guess I'm on a different wavelength than most.

As for what happened, I would take the cost of replacing the part that "could possibly/maybe need replacing" in the next year or 2, to make the deal happen. But it didn't play out that way.

Remember, the car is being sold etested and safetied.

Haha, pete you misunderstand - I'd have done the same as you: if, at close, he pulled out a cheque for less than what we'd agreed upon I'd have told him to hit the road and moved on. Trying to pull something like that at the last second is one of those things that I have absolutely no time for.

You either conduct yourself with integrity or you don't - in this case he didn't and you did.

Last edited by JJJames; 05-15-2013 at 10:53 AM.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:55 AM   #94
petevw
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJames View Post

You either conduct yourself with integrity or you don't - in this case he didn't and you did.
^^^ Amen
1965 21window Bus
1952 Split Beetle
Old 05-15-2013, 10:56 AM   #95
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

I am toying with the idea of putting my M5 up for sale, but THIS is exactly what I do not have patience to deal with when selling a unique/higher end/ niche car.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual-1 of 1 - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:. 1 of 8
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #96
BMW325IS
2nd Gear Member

Still up for sale?
BMW325IS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #97
JJJames
2nd Gear Member

Its also ridiculous that this car hasn't sold. Pete, I had contacted you a while back interested. Ended up finding a Eurospec I couldn't pass up, but I would have taken yours, and would happily have paid over 12k.

If you're looking for a good m3, this is a great buy.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:50 PM   #98
petevw
2nd Gear Member

^^^ No worries. I'm happy you impulsed bought that Eurospec. Decent deal for just shy of $20k. They will be harder and harder to find as they appreciate in value.
1965 21window Bus
1952 Split Beetle
Old 05-15-2013, 10:21 PM   #99
marek
5th Gear Member

Had this kind of BS pulled on me when selling my Audi last year. The guy did one better, he took the car for an "inspection" at a well respected shop and the shop came back with a "list" of almost $4k worth of work that the car "needed". Funny thing is that almost all of the work it "needed" was just done in the 3 months (1500km) prior to me putting it up for sale (timing belt/waterpump, brakes, shocks/struts, control arms etc.).

When I picked the car up from said shop, I "thanked" the owner for pointing out to me that I have been really "ripped off" by my mechanic whom I paid to perform the aforementioned work. I then told them I will be reporting my mechanic to the MTO and Ministry of Consumer Affairs for charging me for work that wasn't done.

The owner went white and the tune totally changed, that they actually didn't check the car, but the Audi dealer did... To make a long story short, the buyer, a friend of the shop owner was trying to use this as a tactic to beat me down on price.

Sorry for the rant and good luck selling the car. A right buyer will come along!!
marek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:00 PM   #100
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

this comes with selling all things especially cars. huge time wasters out there. Its just..reality

I almost wouldve taken that guys 11k just do be done with it. But sounds like his attitude about the whole thing turned you off. you arent desperate so the search for a buyer continues.
on the contrary with it coming etest and safety I dont why someone isnt willing to pay you that extra $700 you agreed on. Car is ready to go. He tells insurance and off he goes. No work on his end. Youve done all the hard work.(sure down the road an old car needs maintenance but so what. You dont pay for things now based on wear items down the road). I paid more for my car and it needed more work from day one.

someone is out there keep your hopes up and be a little more cut throat before hand in dealing with these fools.

Last edited by SiR; 05-16-2013 at 01:03 PM.
SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:27 PM   #101
jrsmitchell
Switchtronic

For what it's worth I think the ~12k price is fair for this car. I paid about the same for my E36 last year which is arguably a little more rare (Alpina) but arguably less desirable to most people (sedan vs. coupe, Hellrot vs. Alpine, Switchtronic vs. Manual, yadda yadda).

There was a '95 in Black with the same interior, but more mileage that was posted in the US at 11.5k USD. People ooohed and aaahed and it sold very quickly for asking price: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...hlight=sunroof

I can't think of another car I'd rather have for 12k and you seem like a good seller. Just wish I was in the market for one. Good luck!
jrsmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:09 PM   #102
blk325i
3rd Gear Member

does this thing still have the white trim or did you change it yet?
blk325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:47 PM   #103
petevw
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk325i View Post
does this thing still have the white trim or did you change it yet?
Yes. Still white. No time.

Car is parked, and collecting dust for the foreseeable future. Kijiji ad and the safety expired, but can be done again if needed.

I have another house to close, another car to build, and hit cruises/GTG/shows with the other toys.

Time to enjoy summer.

Perhaps this coming winter I will be motivated to play with this M3. We'll see.

Thanks for the interest and comments,
1965 21window Bus
1952 Split Beetle
Old 08-31-2013, 01:03 AM   #104
petevw
2nd Gear Member

Sold.
1965 21window Bus
1952 Split Beetle
Old 08-31-2013, 08:38 AM   #105