Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 10:16 PM   #16
///tyron
4th Gear Member
 
///tyron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: whitby
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickbimmer View Post
Lol, cause M3s are drag cars. Find a HPF car on the road and see if they are dyno queens (even on the slowest setting).
im pretty sure they built a purpose built drag car that didnt even break 10's!
__________________
///tyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:27 PM   #17
Steve30
Techno Viking
 
Steve30's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Scarborough
Posts: 1,714
I lost faith in HPF when I saw an integra with a b18 destroy their shop car with 1000whp.
__________________



E36 ///M3 S54
E30 325 Project
Steve30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:24 PM   #18
SiR
Vtec just kicked in
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: TO
Posts: 2,720
that shouldnt make you lose faith. anyone who thinks hondas are slow in that regard is stuck in 1975.

hpf outfit is mostly smoke and mirrors though with meh tuning and poor overall results. its like apple marketing but with a mediocre product.
__________________
-||Old Crayons||-
SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:05 PM   #19
Steve30
Techno Viking
 
Steve30's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Scarborough
Posts: 1,714
Not talking down to Hondas, trust me I've driven a few turbo monsters and they are no joke. As a matter of fact the S54 and Honda engines seem to have a lot in common, particularly with the k20/24's. I'm just saying a car thats making 1000+whp should at least keep up with a 600whp car lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post
that shouldnt make you lose faith. anyone who thinks hondas are slow in that regard is stuck in 1975.

hpf outfit is mostly smoke and mirrors though with meh tuning and poor overall results. its like apple marketing but with a mediocre product.
__________________



E36 ///M3 S54
E30 325 Project
Steve30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:07 PM   #20
propr'one
op sucks cock
 
propr'one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: T.
Posts: 17,685
Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Can someone post some links to some facts about HPF's failures?

A lot of people are slamming their tunes and parts and i'd love to get the facts and judge for myself.
__________________
d1s bulb canada

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:37 PM   #21
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair
 
Bullet Ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Guelph
Posts: 5,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve30 View Post
I'm just saying a car thats making 1000+whp should at least keep up with a 600whp car lol.
Keep in mind that an integra probably weighs 1000+lbs less than an E46 M3 so their power to weight ratio isn't actually as far off, probably within 100hp/ton of each other.
__________________
Bullet Ride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:36 PM   #22
Sickbimmer
750HP turbo E46 M3
 
Sickbimmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: whopbridge
Posts: 1,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
Can someone post some links to some facts about HPF's failures?

A lot of people are slamming their tunes and parts and i'd love to get the facts and judge for myself.
Here you go:

Your not as smart as you think Kenton, for instance. The company is not doing a bankruptcy for one! 52% of small business's fail with in 15 years. You somehow take your personal views and twist them into some sort of fact with our having a single fact correct! There was not a single law broken that's a fact. The stupid commemts about drug use shows the dept if stupidity in this thread. The amount of "lawyers" on this forum is pretty shocking. I will let you in on a couple of details.
1. Chris contacted the Portland police dept the second theft was known, they took 3 weeks to watch David. Remember it's not a murder and is not high up on the list. Problem was it wasn't just Credit Card fraud, there was wire fraud. Hate to burst people's bubble but there was a lot of other customers than our cars. The credit card companies and banks waited until David was convicted. All hell broke loose with them the week prior to closing.

2. More than 6 months before the theft Chris changed insurance companies for a cheaper rate with what was to be "same" type of coverage. The emails between the agent and Chris supported that argument. Problem was the theft coverage and the damage to reputation because of theft changed from $500,000 to $25,000.

3. Here was a big portion of why they failed, they had a sliding scale lease clause. At the 10 year mark the rent would reset to current market value. HPF rent went from $8500 permonth to more than $13,000. Chris and I had been working on sub leasing out more than half of his space. We had completed that two weeks before they closed.

4. The turbo kit sales plunged from 3 per month to one every other month, the only reason this happened was the massive delay in the AEM Infinity. It was supposed to be released 9 months ago. This was a major blow to HPF, that set it up for the next event that killed them.

5. HPF was tagged as a possible fraud location with the credit card companies due to the credit card charge backs looming during David's trial. They raised the processing fee from 1.5% to more than 7.75%. This was brought back down to 1.5% during the repayment talks. But the 7.75 had been cutting deep for 6 months.

6. HPF released a major update to their website 4 weeks before closing, at this point HPF treading water and had worked out repayment plans to the credit card companies. This is a very important part to understand. Each credit card company would get a minimum amount each month. This wasn't a bad deal because HPF was going to appeal the prior case a freeze the payments. They had released Josh the companies 2nd highest paid employee. With the subleases done and Joshes wages freed up it added $125,000 per year! The software update was released on a Tuesday, prior to this the online side did $50,000 per week. Over the next 10 days the sales plunged to $4500-$6000. They quickly switched back to the old version. Kirk can verify this plunge. What ever it was it followed it back to version 3. HPF worked frantically trying to find what they problem was. We are 10 days from closing when Chris hires an outside company to try to find and stop the problem. The problem was located 4 days before they closed. Monday the day they closed, sales had dropped by 75% and everyone had forgotten about the payment plan. Everyone at HPF was focused on the website sales plunging. The first major payment to the credit card companies was to happen that Monday, $32,000 worth of payment. Attempts were made to delay it for 10 days. Calls to their attorneys did not stop it fast enough, in fact it started a frenzy of debit attempts. By 1:00pm it was clear that HPF had no way to make payroll. Under Oregon law, you have to close the second you know you can't make payroll. That's why there was a mid day closure.

7. HPF's property management locked the building delaying the shipping.

They were other mistakes made also, such as that stupid drag car. My point is there was no crazy mismanagement or drug use as people have claimed. My accountant and attorney had been watching the spending. HPF could have entered into chapter 11 bankruptcy had it seen the what was going to happen on Monday. But with the funds yanked out, it left no money for payroll. I was trying to free up the funds to keep it open, but I was weeks out not days. I paid the $26,100 to the property management company to get access back in. Keys will be delivered hopefully today. I expect the orders by the back door to leave very quickly. Guys with cars in the shop, you will hear from Kirk shortly. Once I sell off the website and turbo kit rights I think there should be enough to repay the cash deposit guys. HPF did 94% drop shipping, there was no warehouse full of parts to sell. I really wish there was!
__________________
Sickbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:58 PM   #23
Tom
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: waterloo
Posts: 716
Lol wow that Is very ignorant. The guy that you say barely knows how to breathe is Jon, I can guarantee he's knows more about the s54 then you will ever know/dream of. I don't disagree that most HPF cars are dyno queens but like Fabio said, lets see you roll up on a hpf car and once you beat it than you can say its slow (other than stg 1 obviously lol) if you want to arrange something you can PM ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///tyron View Post
+1000

HPF just rammed down their marketing bs down the throats of the bmw community. Heres a vid to prove it. This is the worst form of marketing i've ever seen, and they're pretty much lying to their customers by saying the cast manifold is going to outflow the billet steedspeed.

"We're going to change the kits manifold to a shittier less efficient design, and have someone who knows nothing about forced induction, let alone barely knows how to breathe "try" and explain wtf is going on."

Also too many hands in the soup which spoiled it. They contracted all their process's. i.e tunning, motors being built etc At least with radowskis kit everything is done in house by 1 guy!

Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:11 PM   #24
SiR
Vtec just kicked in
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: TO
Posts: 2,720
that didnt take long
__________________
-||Old Crayons||-
SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:14 PM   #25
SiR
Vtec just kicked in
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: TO
Posts: 2,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve30 View Post
Not talking down to Hondas, trust me I've driven a few turbo monsters and they are no joke. As a matter of fact the S54 and Honda engines seem to have a lot in common, particularly with the k20/24's. I'm just saying a car thats making 1000+whp should at least keep up with a 600whp car lol.
lol true but those hondas can be super light.

even b series are quite common with bmw engines(even more advanced in some ways depending on what aspect you want to talk about)..they just have 2 less cylinders.
once you get past the stereotypical hate you see what great engines they produce(and at one time great handling cars)
__________________
-||Old Crayons||-
SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:58 PM   #26
propr'one
op sucks cock
 
propr'one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: T.
Posts: 17,685
Send a message via MSN to propr'one
thanks fab,

hope to see the car sometime this summer
__________________
d1s bulb canada

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:00 PM   #27
///tyron
4th Gear Member
 
///tyron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: whitby
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Lol wow that Is very ignorant. The guy that you say barely knows how to breathe is Jon, I can guarantee he's knows more about the s54 then you will ever know/dream of. I don't disagree that most HPF cars are dyno queens but like Fabio said, lets see you roll up on a hpf car and once you beat it than you can say its slow (other than stg 1 obviously lol) if you want to arrange something you can PM ME
I wasn't talking about Jon I was talking about Chris and his gf. but sure I'm game. Just give me about a month to finish my car.

Pump gas vs pump gas no nitrous or meth

Pm me if you're serious
__________________
///tyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:34 PM   #28
dbworld4k
Addict
 
dbworld4k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: YYZ / ORD
Posts: 7,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
lets see you roll up on a hpf car and once you beat it than you can say its slow (other than stg 1 obviously lol) if you want to arrange something you can PM ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///tyron View Post
sure I'm game. Just give me about a month to finish my car.

Pump gas vs pump gas no nitrous or meth

Pm me if you're serious
__________________


'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:15 PM   #29
Tom
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: waterloo
Posts: 716
I don't run meth. My car runs on e85 and that's what I will run anyone with, PM me when your ready
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///tyron View Post
I wasn't talking about Jon I was talking about Chris and his gf. but sure I'm game. Just give me about a month to finish my car.

Pump gas vs pump gas no nitrous or meth

Pm me if you're serious
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:16 AM   #30
e30_kid89
The Afro-stig
 
e30_kid89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: TDot West End
Posts: 4,589
Send a message via MSN to e30_kid89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I don't run meth. My car runs on e85 and that's what I will run anyone with, PM me when your ready
e85 vs pump gas lol that's not fair....even though e85 is technically "pump fuel" its pretty much budget race gas.

When this goes down pm me too i wanna see!
__________________
e30_kid89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
burnout, e46, race, turbo

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.