Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > Performance & Software
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-08-2013, 09:13 PM   #1
FermiParadox
2nd Gear Member

Exclamation Evolve "Stage 1" Tune Group Buy for E46 M3

All,

I thought I would post a link to this GB going on at M3forum.net:

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=442819

This GB is for their "Stage 1" tune PLUS any/all of the coding options listed are included at no extra cost (Sport Button memory, SMG shift lighting for 6MT cars, cold start delete, electronic speed limiter delete, DYNO mode, SAP delete, and RPM limit increase).

Here is the Evolve page which talks about all their different products including the "Stage 1" tune:

http://www.evolveautomotive.com/engi...-packages_694/

The GB ends this Friday (May 10) and if you get all of the additional coding options then you're looking at almost 50% discount from their regular "out the door" pricing.

There is one wrinkle for Canadian buyers in that we will have to deal directly with Evolve UK as their US based distributors are restricted from selling to anyone without as US registered credit card. To this end, I've spoken with one of the Evolve reps and payment for Canadian buyers will be through PayPal. Although I'm not sure if the cost will be exactly as specified in the M3Forum GB ($679USD) due to currency fluctuations however it's likely to be close since we're still pretty much at par with the USD. Two additional costs to consider will shipping (Evolve has quoted me ~30 or $47CAD to Toronto), and import duties (Evole has said the declared package value will be 130 or $202CAD).

Anyhow, I've signed up am looking forward to having this tune done!
FermiParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:40 PM   #2
FermiParadox
2nd Gear Member

Update: Group Buy has been extended until May 15.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-17-2013, 10:53 PM   #3
FermiParadox
2nd Gear Member

Update: Group Buy extended until tomorrow, Saturday May 18

I'm all paid up and just waiting for my software and cable to arrive!!
Old 07-28-2013, 07:24 PM   #4
E46coupe
E92 M3

have you guys noticed any difference in power?

Space Grey,Fox Red,DCT,EDC,Swift Springs,Carbon Fiber Roof,Diffuser,Splitters,Carbon Mirrors,M Performance Exhaust,ZCP Wheels,Caron Fiber Roof,15/12.5 spacers
E46coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:25 PM   #5
FermiParadox
2nd Gear Member

Dyno Results

Hey,

Glad you asked! I've noticed a huge difference in the overall drivability of the car which spans the entire RPM spectrum. Of particular note is the elimination of the car's tendency to buck when in "sport" mode.

Modifications to my car:
-K&N Series 57 CAI
-Evolve Stage 1 Tune

Details of the tune:
-Stage 1 ECU remap
-Redline raised to 8200RPM
-dyno mode enabled
-electronic speed limiter removed
-SMG shift lights enabled
-Sport button memory enabled
-cold start delete

Same Day Before/After Dyno Methodology:
-all pulls completed in 4th gear
-2 pulls completed pre-tune after tricking the car into dyno mode
-15 minute pause to complete ECU flash
-2 pulls completed post-tune
-best "before" pull, and best "after" pull overlaid for comparison and attached

Analysis of Results:
As you can see the gentleman who executed the dyno was a little conservative and terminated the pulls at about 7800RPM (this particular shop deals almost exclusively with mustangs which as you probably know redline between 6500-7000RPM), so it's likely a few more HP could have been squeezed out at the top end of both the before and after runs; Notwithstanding this, there is a top end gain of about 7hp and 2.5 lb-ft.

The real story here is the 20hp gain and 25 lb-ft gain between 2500-4400RPM with the torque reaching its maximum value of 240 lb-ft at approximately 5000RPM. As I do most of my driving between 2000-5000RPM you can see how the overall drivability of the car in normal circumstances has been greatly enhanced with the addition of this extra low end power and torque.

It should also be noted that this type of software upgrade does require an "adaptation", or "burn-in" period so that the computer can learn and adjust to the new settings. Since I did both the before and after pulls within a few minutes of each other, and provided no opportunity for the car to adapt to the software change, I really should get the car to the dyno again in order to get a "final" set of results with the expectation that they would show even greater gains than those initially achieved.

In terms of a qualitative assessment, I'd say that the feel and response of the gas pedal is much improved whether or not "Sport" mode is engaged. The only other quantitative comment that I can think of is that I've noticed no change in fuel consumption.

Overall, I was impressed with Evolve's customer service as well as their product and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from them again in the future.

Let me know if I've missed anything!

Cheers,
Scottie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dyno Results.jpg (55.3 KB, 127 views)

Last edited by FermiParadox; 07-28-2013 at 09:34 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:40 PM   #6
E46coupe
E92 M3

Wow thanks bro for that convincing answer. Can u pm me ur number when u get a chance. I am interested in the tune and would like to talk to u for some info I would probably go with the same options u choose for urs. Look forward to speaking with u and thanks again for ur reply

Simon

Space Grey,Fox Red,DCT,EDC,Swift Springs,Carbon Fiber Roof,Diffuser,Splitters,Carbon Mirrors,M Performance Exhaust,ZCP Wheels,Caron Fiber Roof,15/12.5 spacers
Old 08-29-2013, 10:19 PM   #7
FermiParadox
2nd Gear Member

I sent my number via pm a while ago...did you still want to talk about this?
Old 08-29-2013, 10:32 PM   #8
E46coupe
E92 M3

Hi sorry Bro I was going to call you but have had second thoughts in selling my car. So everything is on hold until I figure it out...If I end up keeping the car I will be definitely in touch

cheers

Old 08-30-2013, 04:17 AM   #9
FermiParadox
2nd Gear Member

I guess that's fair enough...If you decide sell and are going to part anything out let me know as I can see a few sweet items in your mods list...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: