Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > Looking for
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-30-2013, 10:56 AM   #1
grant_jr
2nd Gear Member

Cool Turbo Goodness.

I have started to collect turbo parts for my build, so if you have anything laying around that you are okay with parting with let me know.

BOV and intercooler are already covered.

Cheers
Old 04-30-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
mr ilia
3rd Gear Member

What car/ motor?
Old 04-30-2013, 07:13 PM   #3
grant_jr
2nd Gear Member

M20b25. Looking to do a low boost application, going to use the TCD chip and AFM tune. 5-7 psi.

Last edited by grant_jr; 04-30-2013 at 07:16 PM.
grant_jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #4
Woofer
6th Gear Member

I sent you a pm. I have some stuf u may be interested in.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:57 PM   #5
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_jr View Post
M20b25. Looking to do a low boost application, going to use the TCD chip and AFM tune. 5-7 psi.
For about two weeks... then you'll be looking to run more boost... trust me, that's how boost works...and once you want more boost you'll need a standalone.

You're better off to get a stand alone right from the start so you can ditch the AFM and not have to monkey around with RRFPRs. If you can manage a soldering iron you can build a DIYPNP MS kit for about $450... which isn't that much more than the TCD chip will cost and it gives you unlimited flexibility for tuning.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:04 AM   #6
grant_jr
2nd Gear Member

That's what I read everywhere, literally. From e30tech, to R3V. My issue is that the motor almost has 300k and pushing 10psi to 1 bar of boost would be detrimental to the longevity of the engine. I just did my timing belt, water pump, plugs, etc. a few weeks ago and going to do a valve adjustment when I get a day off but would it even by worth it at that stage in the engines life?
Old 05-03-2013, 09:27 AM   #7
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Oh ye of little faith! M20s are stout motors if they are maintained half decent. The only thing that starts to happen to them when the mileage gets high is they start oozing because mechanical seals don’t last forever. Adding boost shouldn’t change how those seals are working though…unless you forget to vent your oil vapour recirculation tube to atmosphere and start pressurizing your crankcase lol.

Starting with a motor that is in good running condition is important, and by the sounds of it you’ve been freshening up yours a bit, which is good. It’s too bad you already did the timing belt because when you had it off I would have recommended pulling the head, getting it decked, replacing all the seals, and reinstalling it with some ARP studs. However, if your valve stem seals are still good (i.e. when you engine brake at high rpm your car doesn’t put up a James Bond smoke screen, then you can just replace the head bolts one at a time with ARP studs and you should be ok….upgrading to some ARP studs should definitely be on your to-do list though if you’re going with boost.

If it makes you feel any better, my turbo E30 was a beater from day one (also around 300k) and I’ve had it boosted for about 15,000km from anywhere between 10-15psi and the engine is running the same as it was before it was boosted.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:05 AM   #8
grant_jr
2nd Gear Member

Dude you are tugging at my heart strings. I guess I will continue collecting, woofer I will be in touch. Eventually I week start a thread because I am deathly afraid of car wiring, my audio system has been broken for about 4 months now and I have yet to figure it out with a volt meter -____-"
Old 05-03-2013, 10:18 AM   #9
grant_jr
2nd Gear Member

P.S. The valve seals are defiantly in good shape, downshifting is one of my favorite things to do I'm my car. The pure does more than satisfy.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:57 AM   #10
grant_jr
2nd Gear Member

Okay I'm kinda getting a serious deal on the tcd (100 shipped to my door) so I will play around with the rrfpr, for now.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:17 PM   #11
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

What rrfpr are you using? One of the cheap $75 ebay ones? Because if you're using a Begi one the cost of the rrfpr and the chip is about the cost of a DIYPNP
Old 05-03-2013, 01:24 PM   #12
grant_jr
2nd Gear Member

Staahhp lol I don't want to do a clutch job in my drive way lol
Old 05-03-2013, 01:48 PM   #13
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Even if you only want to run 7-8 psi, getting your car to run properly is way easier when you can tune your fuel maps.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:57 AM   #14
grant_jr
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
Even if you only want to run 7-8 psi, getting your car to run properly is way easier when you can tune your fuel maps.
What do you think?

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ght=megasquirt

With an adapter and sourced TPS and IAT would i be okay?
Old 05-04-2013, 09:43 PM   #15
e30_kid89
The Afro-stig

Send a message via MSN to e30_kid89
I got a shit ton of stuff, fittings, hoses, a mucked up boost gauge, misc intercooler piping, couplers etc...Im hording some of it but may be willing to let some things go.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: