Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Classics
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 11:30 PM   #556
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Installing the dead pedal today... and the paint chipped off pretty easy where I scratched it by accident with the edge of the pedal. So much for my thoughts in Armor Coat being a better brand... its no better than that garbage Tremclad IMO. Sigh*

Anyone care to throw in some suggestions? POR 15 sounds like the obvious answer, but I don't really feel like ripping the entire car down back to a shell just to paint it. Anything else out there that is even slightly more durable that this junk I'm buying?

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:07 AM   #557
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

look at KBS coatings products
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:00 AM   #558
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Thanks Richie, I'll check it out.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:36 PM   #559
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Since this car is on the road to completion, it made sense that it would be time to look into licensing, so back in March, I decided to go ahead and look into racing schools so I'd be eligible to apply for a Regional license, and work up the ladder. At first I had applied with the CASC school, but literally a few days later, I learned that BMW Club's race school would now be a recognized school in the eyes of CASC, so I decided to jump ship and do that school instead. I think the in-class portion was a bit lacking in comparison to the CASC school... but then again, I knew all that stuff since I've been exposed to racing all my life, so it didn't bother me one bit. I was more concerned with seat time, and the actual experience of the on-track exercises since it was something I personally haven't had the chance to do yet. And the on-track exercises did not disappoint! I have to admit, dicing with one car that has similar speeds at a lapping day isn't the same experience as having a bunch of cars around you, some with insane speed differentials too!

So anyways, lately I haven't been spending enough time on the 2002 because I got a new car recently, and it was my noble steed for the weekend... and what better platform than one that I am very familiar with, so E30 it was! Over the past few weeks, with some basic mods and a bit of maintenance, it (to my surprise) somehow transformed into a pretty potent car. But I have to look at the real picture, and that means at my driving... and even I impressed myself with how well I adapted to driving in such close proximity to other cars. I think a few of the biggest points that became apparent/that I learned is how much trust is needed to go door handle to door handle with somebody... Another would be how much my concentration level mattered (being calm seemed to help me make split second decisions a lot easier instead of being jumpy and tense like at the starts), and also how much more vision is required when in an environment like this.

Anyways, enough rambling... enjoy the show!

Old 04-29-2013, 10:44 PM   #560
jabela
4th Gear Member

Nice start!

2002 E46 325ci // 5spd // ISC N1 Coilovers
www.modernapothecary.ca
jabela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:35 AM   #561
defaultName
5th Gear Member

Nice seats
defaultName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:56 AM   #562
tonyhavana
2nd Gear Member

Great stuff Rudy. You only seemed to ever get passed on the back straight, so that says something. Keep it up, I'm sure there's a couple of cars in your garage that would have lapped that field. Twice! How's Mosport looking withe new additions? Keep it up!
tonyhavana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:17 PM   #563
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member

i stopped watching. it kills me knowing i have a potent m52 with some track ready suspension with nice rims sitting in my yard......:'(
Old 04-30-2013, 12:50 PM   #564
///Maluco
5erholic

Wow, that is some really smooth driving Rudy!!!
I see you love taking the outside line! Good for you for having the nachos for that!

That C63 sounded so badass.

Bimmer Mag......................October 2010.....................Issue No. 93
///Maluco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:54 PM   #565
davericher20
black and blue

sick! that car is awesome! I found myself tensing up watching some parts, then being aware of it on the back straight and telling myself to relax lmao. Outside lines ftw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:11 PM   #566
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Awesome Rudy! Enjoyed watching it.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:29 PM   #567
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabela View Post
Nice start!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by defaultName View Post
Nice seats
Thanks! Only the E30 guys that get excited over those! It was one of the selling features of the car for me when I went to see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyhavana View Post
Great stuff Rudy. You only seemed to ever get passed on the back straight, so that says something. Keep it up, I'm sure there's a couple of cars in your garage that would have lapped that field. Twice! How's Mosport looking withe new additions? Keep it up!
Thanks buddy! Mosport is looking great, the removal of concrete patches and the new pavement make for some very interesting lines, especially in the wet. Very grippy. The track facilities are looking good too, although I fear it will drive the prices out of hand in the next few years. Get on the GP track and experience it while you still can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gato Liso View Post
i stopped watching. it kills me knowing i have a potent m52 with some track ready suspension with nice rims sitting in my yard......:'(
Yeah... common dude! reshell that biatch! You know what it could do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Maluco View Post
Wow, that is some really smooth driving Rudy!!!
I see you love taking the outside line! Good for you for having the nachos for that!

That C63 sounded so badass.
Thanks Eddie! I was surprised how well it worked earlier in the day when we had the practice starts session... so I figured why not do it more often! It really takes some trust to know that the person beside you knows you are there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davericher20 View Post
sick! that car is awesome! I found myself tensing up watching some parts, then being aware of it on the back straight and telling myself to relax lmao. Outside lines ftw!
Lol. I hate that backstraight... Everyone drives by like I'm stopped then I got all the work to do again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
Awesome Rudy! Enjoyed watching it.
Thanks man! Cheers!

Old 05-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #568
jm1602
5th Gear Member

Nice video buddy

I need to drive up to the shop and check your progress, maybe check on my drive shaft.
jm1602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:04 PM   #569
73 Tii
DSC off

Smooth hands Rudy. Looks like fun

70 2002 M2 2.5L
01 Dinan E46 M3
73 Tii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #570
BmW1819
6th Gear Member

Nice one rudy