Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-09-2013, 09:06 PM   #1
arek
3rd Gear Member

Anyone here experienced with collections/debt ?

Quick question,

Hoping someone can answer this for me...diversed forum here with people from many walks of life.. plus everything is closed right now, and my lawyer friend is on vacation.

I pulled my TRANSUNION today, ( I do every year..) and noticed 1 thing in COLLECTIONS...

Apparently RBC is saying that I had an overdraft account for $560 back in 2004, that I never paid?

So, I contacted RBC, they don't know anything other then they washed their hands AUGUST /2005 (discharged?) and sent it to now the 4th collection agency.. and these guys decided to report it to my bureau, and the effective day is NOV 22nd/ 2012, REPORTED DEC 5th /2012.. I spoke with an RBC rep, and they CANT even access my files since they can't go back until 2006, and I would have to contact their internal service for archive records..

, I didn't know about any of this, since they did not have any of my contact information since I moved to a different address and changed numbers.. and apparently the guy that bought the old house was re-sending them the mail! lol...

Anyways, I understand that the statue of limitiations I am EXCEPT to pay any monies, they cant get their money, they cant sue me, no liens on properties, etc.. BUT.. its on my credit report with no status.., it doesnt effect my credit score apparently, but they said they are allowed to report it and it will sit on my credit bureau until I pay it..

its now currently $960 with interest, and they claim to be charging me .33 cents/per day , but would settle for the initial $560 i apparently owe them?

Anyways, should I just pay these ****ers and get it over with?? Or do I have any other recourse...

Do they have the right to have this placed on my credit bureau? The last activity has been 8 years now!!

Oh yeah, they totally ****ed up on some delinquency thing aswell, claiming my first delinquent date was nov 22/2012??? The RBC rep was shocked to hear this.

Last edited by arek; 04-09-2013 at 09:28 PM.
arek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:28 PM   #2
arek
3rd Gear Member

COLLECTION ACCOUNTS: A collection account under public records will automatically purge from the system six (6) years from the date of last activity.
arek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:18 PM   #3
sirex
King Sirex

Hi Arek.

I am not sure about that link. Perhaps it is true.

In any case as far as I know it will impact you on credit applications in the future so long as it's there.

If you owed the money, I would say pay it and make sure you get a letter that clears you and settle for the $560 deal.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: