Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2013, 01:04 PM   #256
karmatose
164.3ci Of Fury
 
karmatose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: London
Posts: 390
I'd say go for it then. Give their call centre a ring first to see if they can say for sure yes or no to brokerage fees but afaik, they have preferred brokerage rates and all fees are baked into the shipping price. As I said earlier, I have zero complaints about the services I received from them.
__________________
"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. " - Han Solo
karmatose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:34 PM   #257
goldhawk
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Windsor, ON
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmatose View Post
I've got a set of these ready to go on my car:



Bought them last year before I knew there was eccentric style camber adjusters and offset control arm bushings in the car already. When I switch up the suspension this upcoming winter, I'll install them then. Petty cool piece and much less hassle to adjust than the eccentric style ones.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
I put these on last year, seem to work good for me. Adjustment is not too difficult. I boxed in around them too, I dont know if its really nessecary though.
Its probably obvious, but make sure to check for clearence of the tabs before you bolt the subframe back in. I had to shave some off of the top of the outer most tab to clear the frame. And, some off the top of the inner tabs so they didnt hit the floor.
There's a good thread on R3V on this, should check it out before you install.
goldhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:17 PM   #258
richie_s999
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oshawa
Posts: 4,537
Spent some time today tackling a task I hate doing, removing electrical harnesses not needed

Removed harnesses for

Cruise control
Stereo
Central locking system
Power windows
Heated seats
All door wiring
Remote starter and wireless locks and alarm, thankfull they hacked into the ignition switch and not the cars harness and I have a spare.
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #259
Yamahammer
Warlock of the century
 
Yamahammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: kitchener
Posts: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
Yeah I bought a new tank in the US. It was $188 shipped, but I shipped it to my uncles house in the US and he brought it over for me.

I already bought eccentric bolts and washers meant for an E46. I just need to make sure they are long enough. I'm going to machine the adjuster brackets out of some scrap flat bar at work.
Oh thats a fantastic price! When I dropped my tank i couldn't find a replacement for cheap which is why i went to a cell. Good call on that though!

Oh cool, you'll have to post pictures, i am interested in seeing how that turns out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmatose View Post
I've got a set of these ready to go on my car:



Bought them last year before I knew there was eccentric style camber adjusters and offset control arm bushings in the car already. When I switch up the suspension this upcoming winter, I'll install them then. Petty cool piece and much less hassle to adjust than the eccentric style ones.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
Ya I am not sure these would be easier to adjust in the car, I went with the other style because they seem more robust and adjustment is simply loosening and turning the bolt.
Yamahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #260
karmatose
164.3ci Of Fury
 
karmatose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: London
Posts: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahammer View Post
Ya I am not sure these would be easier to adjust in the car, I went with the other style because they seem more robust and adjustment is simply loosening and turning the bolt.
I like the positive lock idea because I found it a pain in the ass to tighten the bolt over the eccentric washer and keep things precise. Plus I could dial in a few settings quick and easy for say tracking and road use and adjust on the fly getting it dead nuts every time. In all reality though, I probably will just set and forget it.
__________________
"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. " - Han Solo
karmatose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:28 PM   #261
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair
 
Bullet Ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Guelph
Posts: 5,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmatose View Post
In all reality though, I probably will just set and forget it.
Yep.


In other news... who has a rear subframe for me.?
__________________
Bullet Ride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #262
Yamahammer
Warlock of the century
 
Yamahammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: kitchener
Posts: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
Yep.


In other news... who has a rear subframe for me.?
Is yours dicked? Boxer probably has one kicking around. A buddy of mine picked a front subframe up from him yesterday.
Yamahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:09 PM   #263
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair
 
Bullet Ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Guelph
Posts: 5,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahammer View Post
Is yours dicked? Boxer probably has one kicking around. A buddy of mine picked a front subframe up from him yesterday.
It's starting to get pretty haggered and the bolts are seized to the aluminum cores of the poly bushings (I shouldn't have winter drove the car in 2011). I'll have to do some chopping to get the trailing arms out of the subframe.

I'll PM Rene.

On the plus side my old shitty gas tank is finally out. The spot that it was leaking from was that small tube that runs across the top of the tank and goes to the expansion tank, it had rotted through
__________________

Last edited by Bullet Ride; 04-07-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Bullet Ride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:32 PM   #264
Yamahammer
Warlock of the century
 
Yamahammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: kitchener
Posts: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
It's starting to get pretty haggered and the bolts are seized to the aluminum cores of the poly bushings (I shouldn't have winter drove the car in 2011). I'll have to do some chopping to get the trailing arms out of the subframe.

I'll PM Rene.

On the plus side my old shitty gas tank is finally out. The spot that it was leaking from was that small tube that runs across the top of the tank and goes to the expansion tank, it had rotted through
Oh jeeze, well no big deal, better starting with a solid core than an old shit piece.
Yamahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:54 PM   #265
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair
 
Bullet Ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Guelph
Posts: 5,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahammer View Post
Oh jeeze, well no big deal, better starting with a solid core than an old shit piece.
The hard part is finding a solid core lol. I picked up a subframe from boxer this evening, it's not in that much better condition than my current one, but at least it won't be all hacked up to start with, plus I'll beef up some of the welds an add reinforcement where it will help.
__________________
Bullet Ride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:33 PM   #266
Woofer
6th Gear Member
 
Woofer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,261
Well, looks like I'm going to put my 540i on the road instead. The m20 decide to take a shit this pasted Sunday.

No e30 this summer , well at least for now.
__________________
Woofer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:38 PM   #267
defaultName
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
Well, looks like I'm going to put my 540i on the road instead. The m20 decide to take a shit this pasted Sunday.

No e30 this summer , well at least for now.
Shit that sucks! What happened?
defaultName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:54 PM   #268
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member
 
El Gato Liso's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brampton
Posts: 3,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
Well, looks like I'm going to put my 540i on the road instead. The m20 decide to take a shit this pasted Sunday.

No e30 this summer , well at least for now.
hey alan.

i can help your e30 out (refer to sig)
__________________
R.I.P. E30
El Gato Liso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:09 PM   #269
cormier
6th Gear Member
 
cormier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: St. George, ON
Posts: 1,607
Alan, just look at this as an opportunity. I say use your 540 motor in your e30 lol
__________________

cormier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:33 PM   #270
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair
 
Bullet Ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Guelph
Posts: 5,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
Well, looks like I'm going to put my 540i on the road instead. The m20 decide to take a shit this pasted Sunday.

No e30 this summer , well at least for now.
I happen to know that you have an M52 crank stashed away... and the motor that just took a shit has 130mm rods...

I smell a 2.8L stroker build

If you're motivated you could definitely build that motor and have it back together in time to enjoy the summer.
__________________
Bullet Ride is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2014