Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-05-2013, 12:55 PM   #1
junkyardj
1st Gear Newbie

opinions on>Trailing Arm Spacers/Reinforcement

I need a set of Trailing Arm bushings for my E46 m3 and i was thinking this might be worth a shot, i had similar reocurring trailing arm bushing problems on my older style m3 as well for some reason (he,he) so i thought this might be worth a shot?

if any of you guys have had sucess with these or any insights im all ears. i have a big set of shoes on my car as well as my last one so i assume it has some effect on them(and i have a sus kit)

In the market for a set of bushings too if you know a good place or style of part to look for and or a good installation link...

Thanks and look forward to hearing your thoughts on the part and here's the link http://www.ebay.ca/itm/BMW-e36-e46-R...e37f3e&vxp=mtr
junkyardj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:11 PM   #2
RMPMOTORS
MaXsponsor

Powerflex trailing arm bushings work well on the E46 M3. They keep the rearend nice and straight when under power. Best part they do not need any extra reinforcements.

We stock the bushings.

Eibach-Koni-Bilstein-H&R-Powerflex-KW Suspension-OEM Parts+ MORE
EUROPEAN AUTO SERVICE & PERFORMANCE

www.RMPMOTORS.com

www.Facebook.com/RMPMotors
RMPMOTORS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:47 PM   #3
///tyron
4th Gear Member

AKG motorsports
Old 04-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #4
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

We carry limiters from Rogue Engineering. They're made out of Derlin, which is much stronger than Poly or rubber. Having these installed along with Meyle HD RTABs is the best combination IMO. I have tried every single brand/Poly RTAB out there on my own E46 M3 cab and I prefer this set up. Another option is metal turner motorsport versions but require drilling of the bracket, where these literally slip in making installation a breeze even on your garage floor.

These require no maintenance unlike Poly bushings which will eventually crack apart, or require re greasing. ..not to mentioned increased NHV. Another fact is Poly isnt the best for all year use.

For the street, take my recomendation...I can guarentee you the majority of E46 M3 owners will agree. . They definitely survived the test of rallying from here to Miami Keys and back, judgding from how many KM I put on my Conti Extreme Contacts vs my old tires...they seem to be keeping my toe angles in spec much better under load.

We have tons of these in stock, so let me know if you'd like a pair and I can ship it out to you if you like along with the RTABs themselves.

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction

Last edited by Jon@Bimmersport; 04-11-2013 at 11:24 AM.
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:10 PM   #5
junkyardj
1st Gear Newbie

Thanks for the reply's fellas, was just waiting for a reply from a guy on some nylon or urathan(whatever it is) from flee bay but what are you guys charging for the bushings? I could grab them on the wknd rather then waiting from fleebay
Old 04-11-2013, 10:02 PM   #6
junkyardj
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMPMOTORS View Post
Powerflex trailing arm bushings work well on the E46 M3. They keep the rearend nice and straight when under power. Best part they do not need any extra reinforcements.

We stock the bushings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///tyron View Post
AKG motorsports
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon@Bimmersport View Post
We carry limiters from Rogue Engineering. They're made out of Derlin, which is much stronger than Poly or rubber. Having these installed along with Meyle HD RTABs is the best combination IMO. I have tried every single brand/Poly RTAB out there on my own E46 M3 cab and I prefer this set up. Another option is metal turner motorsport versions but require drilling of the bracket, where these literally slip in making installation a breeze even on your garage floor.

These require no maintenance unlike Poly bushings which will eventually crack apart, or require re greasing. ..not to mentioned increased NHV. Another fact is Poly isnt the best for all year use.

For the street, take my recomendation...I can guarentee you the majority of E46 M3 owners will agree. . They definitely survived the test of rallying from here to Miami Keys and back, judgding from how many KM I put on my Conti Extreme Contacts vs my old tires...they seem to be keeping my toe angles in spec much better under load.

We have tons of these in stock, so let me know if you'd like a pair and I can ship it out to you if you like along with the RTABs themselves.

I looked at these sites but wasnt able to find any type of parts lists, they seemed more like a service type thing but maybe i missed it. Anyway thx again for the tips and help! Ill be in toronto at a hospital around the d.v.p. so if anyone has these parts For sale and we can meet up let me know!!

I was going to hit the buy button on on fleebay but if i can get something local that would be great! & id like to find a good local place for parts too.. i might be im the market for some motor mounts and rr diff mounts since ill already be into it , if thats something you guys have too..

I have some adjustable camber arms to put in so might as well make aplleonia all nice and tight again lol
Old 04-12-2013, 12:36 PM   #7
junkyardj
1st Gear Newbie

had to pull the trigger on some poly bushes from the uk, got'em for 80shipped so that aint so bad but I didn't get the spacers of the diff mounts if anyone has that stuff?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: