Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 08:11 PM   #61
AlpWhitE46
is a pimp
 
AlpWhitE46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Etobicoke
Posts: 9,096
Send a message via MSN to AlpWhitE46


I don't know, but so far almost everyone i know that has minor convictions says their insurance is not affected...
infact the guy with 10 tickets said his insurance has gone down lmao
AlpWhitE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:51 PM   #62
jaym3smg
M. Learn it.
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Brampton, ON
Posts: 172
The reason is because his insurance hasn't run an abstract. I had nothing but minor convictions, and kept a 'float' of 3 of them on my abstract constantly for 7 years. One year the company ran an abstract, saw 3 tickets, and my insurance tripled. For 4+ tickets if he got them in the last 3 yrs, he'll probably be put in facility, which is like $12k / yr plus. He'll enjoy that.

Minor tickets ABSOLUTELY affect insurance! If you get a major, one is usually enough to kick you into 'high risk', or even facility, immediately. EDIT: I have discussed this topic at great length with about 4-5 different insurance companies.

-J
__________________
2014 M5 - Daily monster
2003.0 M3 - Track / weekend toy


Last edited by jaym3smg; 04-03-2013 at 11:54 PM.
jaym3smg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:56 PM   #63
5style
Hatters gon Hatt
 
5style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Toronot
Posts: 5,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_V View Post
Are you saying there are instances where they cut deals where you pay a fine but get no conviction on your record? Or am I interpreting this wrong?

I have a ticket I'm facing right now for not having a 407 transponder in a commercial vehicle. As I understand it a minor conviction is a minor conviction as far as insurance goes. I'd happily pay the $110 or whatever it is if I knew a conviction wouldn't be registered on my record...
No such luck. You have to FIGHT and WIN for it to be dropped without conviction, OR the cop doesn't show up in court OR the evidence against you is insubstantial in which case a cop won't show.
__________________
Cayenne hunting!
5style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:57 PM   #64
jaym3smg
M. Learn it.
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Brampton, ON
Posts: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_V View Post
Are you saying there are instances where they cut deals where you pay a fine but get no conviction on your record? Or am I interpreting this wrong?

I have a ticket I'm facing right now for not having a 407 transponder in a commercial vehicle. As I understand it a minor conviction is a minor conviction as far as insurance goes. I'd happily pay the $110 or whatever it is if I knew a conviction wouldn't be registered on my record...
There is no such thing. If you are charged, even if the fine is like $50, it's a conviction and goes on your abstract.

I learned that the hard way.

-J
__________________
2014 M5 - Daily monster
2003.0 M3 - Track / weekend toy

jaym3smg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:57 PM   #65
5style
Hatters gon Hatt
 
5style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Toronot
Posts: 5,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
this is still illegal, i've seen someone get a ticket for this (you are not allowed to interact with any device capable of sending and receiving messages)
I totally get you. this is why i use voice type and usually have my gps screen up
__________________
Cayenne hunting!
5style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:38 AM   #66
AlpWhitE46
is a pimp
 
AlpWhitE46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Etobicoke
Posts: 9,096
Send a message via MSN to AlpWhitE46
I'm talking with the guy who has 10 minor tickets...
He says he printed the abstract for our boss just recently and it didn't have a single ticket on the abstract (for minors) yet the boss has them...

His sister is a cop and he was talking to her the other week while on duty and she pulled up the file and could see the tickets, so he knows they are there.

He has also changed insurance companies and given them full disclosure... He told them how many tickets he has had but it did not affect anything
AlpWhitE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:08 PM   #67
jaym3smg
M. Learn it.
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Brampton, ON
Posts: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpWhitE46 View Post
I'm talking with the guy who has 10 minor tickets...
He says he printed the abstract for our boss just recently and it didn't have a single ticket on the abstract (for minors) yet the boss has them...

His sister is a cop and he was talking to her the other week while on duty and she pulled up the file and could see the tickets, so he knows they are there.

He has also changed insurance companies and given them full disclosure... He told them how many tickets he has had but it did not affect anything
Well the abstract only shows tickets from the past 3 yrs... when did he get the most recent ones?

-J
__________________
2014 M5 - Daily monster
2003.0 M3 - Track / weekend toy

jaym3smg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #68
AlpWhitE46
is a pimp
 
AlpWhitE46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Etobicoke
Posts: 9,096
Send a message via MSN to AlpWhitE46
He knows, its within 3 years he has had some recently
AlpWhitE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:33 PM   #69
3x Beemer
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Steel City
Posts: 779
How many points would qualify as a minor offence?
I just plead guilty to a 3 point failure to stop for a red light...all the prosecutor could do for me was lower the fine from 325 to 200 (plus 40 dollars in fees) and she said if I took it further there was slim chance that they would drop the 3 points down so I just paid the 240 bucks and 3 points to be done with it....hoping my insurance doesn't find out for a while.
__________________
03 AW on LSB M3 coupe, BMW motorsport 4.10 Diff, AA Exhaust, OEM CSL rims, Aero Res, TMS subframe, powerflex bshgs, Macht Schnell, Vorsteiner diffuser, TMS steel lines etc..
Complete Comp Pkg Upgrade
2012 Honda CRV winterbeater
3x Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:47 PM   #70
Nick_V
6th Gear Member
 
Nick_V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 1,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5style View Post
No such luck. You have to FIGHT and WIN for it to be dropped without conviction, OR the cop doesn't show up in court OR the evidence against you is insubstantial in which case a cop won't show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaym3smg View Post
There is no such thing. If you are charged, even if the fine is like $50, it's a conviction and goes on your abstract.

I learned that the hard way.

-J
This is what I understood as well. I was just wondering what Daytona meant in saying the best the OP could hope for was "fine no conviction."
Nick_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #71
blakneto
3rd Gear Member
 
blakneto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hamilton/Brampton/Toronto
Posts: 321
Dude you got the shaft... ALWAYS fight the ticket. You always have a chance of winning...
You could have been in an emergency and had a lapse in judgement, etc, etc, etc... The cop might not show up... You always have a chance... The points on your record will make you pay waaaaaaaaaaaay more in insurance than a set $500 fine.

I would rather pay $500 for a clear record, than $200 and 3pts for 3 years...

I got snookered by the same prosecuter BS... They are just trying to collect some cash and reduce the trial workload.
blakneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:46 AM   #72
blakneto
3rd Gear Member
 
blakneto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hamilton/Brampton/Toronto
Posts: 321
Its also depends on what you consider minor...
Parking tickets.
Failure to show insurance\registration. (Not in car at the time.)
Expired plate.

These are minor tickets... And would not affect your insurance.
blakneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:20 PM   #73
AlpWhitE46
is a pimp
 
AlpWhitE46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Etobicoke
Posts: 9,096
Send a message via MSN to AlpWhitE46
A parking ticket is not a part of that section at all... it does not show up on your record at ALL....

The others will show up on the cops screen.

This chart explains it accordingly..
http://www.ticketcombat.com/offences/insurancehit.php
AlpWhitE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:03 PM   #74
calegrant
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakneto View Post
Dude you got the shaft... ALWAYS fight the ticket. You always have a chance of winning...
You could have been in an emergency and had a lapse in judgement, etc, etc, etc... The cop might not show up... You always have a chance... The points on your record will make you pay waaaaaaaaaaaay more in insurance than a set $500 fine.

I would rather pay $500 for a clear record, than $200 and 3pts for 3 years...

I got snookered by the same prosecuter BS... They are just trying to collect some cash and reduce the trial workload.
You can make a call to 911 behind the wheel, that is it and then you're expected to pull over.
__________________
calegrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:59 PM   #75
SiR
Vtec just kicked in
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: TO
Posts: 2,752
its just a bs system. prosecutor "gives you a deal" and you still pay them money.You think you got a great deal but meanwhile you still have a conviction. Insurance companies dont care about fine cost. A conviction is a conviction.

if insurance wasnt fraud in this province more people wouldnt do back flips to get out of tickets because a minor or two wouldnt cause 10k+ rate hike.
__________________
-||Old Crayons||-
SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015