Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-31-2013, 07:28 PM   #31
AutoWerkez
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98bimmer View Post
Possibly have the part number?
Part#: 11361748745

A wise mechanic once told me, "working on cars is like sex, you have to know where to touch and how to push."

Follow Me on Instagram @_instashift !
AutoWerkez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:34 PM   #32
98bimmer
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoWerkez View Post
Part#: 11361748745
Thank you
98bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:48 PM   #33
98bimmer
2nd Gear Member

HELP!!!! Im doing my VANOS and both bolts broke and fell inside.. What do i do??
98bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:40 AM   #34
AutoWerkez
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98bimmer View Post
HELP!!!! Im doing my VANOS and both bolts broke and fell inside.. What do i do??
My bad about not responding faster, on max but yeah bro hopefully it gets fixed asap!

A wise mechanic once told me, "working on cars is like sex, you have to know where to touch and how to push."

Old 05-07-2013, 12:25 PM   #35
AutoWerkez
2nd Gear Member

Exterior door latch not working? heres a tip for 99 and 00 e46s

Well finally I finished final exams and after all the partying and relaxing I thought today I started with something small, my exterior door latches began to act up. I had to yank the crap out of them in order to open the doors. So I began looking up DIY's and ran into a problem none of the door latch mechanism's looked the same. So I decided just to exam the situation and see what I could do. I realized, that the year 99 and 00 model e46s came with the better styled latch mechanism because it was all metal. After making sure nothing was broken or loose I went back to the little adjustment screw on the door. I skipped the screw because it was already tight but after when I couldn't find the problem, I just unscrewed it and re-tightened the adjustment screw and it worked. So anyone with 99 and 00 e46s, just to keep in mind if you have the same issue as me, if the adjustment screw is already tight, loosen it up and tighten it again and it will work. In the next couple weeks I will be servicing my brakes, replacing my abs speed sensors, installing my coilovers, and get around to replacing my ccv. Really dislike doing the job cause its too small a spot to work in

Old 05-07-2013, 04:24 PM   #36
Effay
2nd Gear Member

you have any plans for engine performance?
Effay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:35 PM   #37
AutoWerkez
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effay View Post
you have any plans for engine performance?
At the moment, not yet just want the car on the road asap, and being a student, and my desire for big power and not just throwing on a cold air and small mods will require a big wallet. My ultimate goal is to drop a s54 motor or getting a m54 and supercharging it, this will be in a couple years though, but by next year I want to upgrade brakes and the bushings to endure some track days.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:05 PM   #38
Effay
2nd Gear Member

+1 for track days hopefully ill spot you on the road soon, question about your solo werks the endlinks that came with your kit, do you know how far of a drop those can handle before you have to get new ones?

thanks , and if you dont konw its no worries I just thought i would ask before i start digging away
Effay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:50 PM   #39
AutoWerkez
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effay View Post
+1 for track days hopefully ill spot you on the road soon, question about your solo werks the endlinks that came with your kit, do you know how far of a drop those can handle before you have to get new ones?

thanks , and if you dont konw its no worries I just thought i would ask before i start digging away
When I drop the coils in on wednesday, I play around with the height adjustment to see how much leeway I have with my height adjustment and the end links, but to be honest if you're going to slam your car more than half the coilovers range, I'd advise you on getting adjustable end links, care free use also as you set them up right so theres no force on your sway bar.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:35 PM   #40
jabela
4th Gear Member

Good job with fixing up the car. Nice to see a bimmer saved from neglect.

Definitely use a torque wrench on your nuts and bolts, especially for the engine. I have a big and small torque wrench. Small one came in handy doing my Vanos seals, valve cover gasket and spark plugs. I almost snapped the Vanos piston bolts when I started to take it off... almost forgot it was reverse threaded!

Did you do your spark plugs? If not they're probably due for a change. Also check your intake tubes, between the throttle and air filter. They tend to get cracks and leak air.
Also, you might want to replace your belt tensioner pulley and idler pulley.
Looks like proper oil changes weren't done or the wrong oil was used. Looked like a lot of sludge in your Vanos. Thought that could be from a failed CCV.

I'm looking at the ISC N1 coilovers, so maybe we can compare once we both have them in.

2002 E46 325ci // 5spd // ISC N1 Coilovers
www.modernapothecary.ca
jabela is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:47 AM   #41
spoon_civic1
2nd Gear Member

Nice to see your not giving up on the car, should look great once your done
spoon_civic1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:20 PM   #42
AutoWerkez
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabela View Post
Good job with fixing up the car. Nice to see a bimmer saved from neglect.

Definitely use a torque wrench on your nuts and bolts, especially for the engine. I have a big and small torque wrench. Small one came in handy doing my Vanos seals, valve cover gasket and spark plugs. I almost snapped the Vanos piston bolts when I started to take it off... almost forgot it was reverse threaded!

Did you do your spark plugs? If not they're probably due for a change. Also check your intake tubes, between the throttle and air filter. They tend to get cracks and leak air.
Also, you might want to replace your belt tensioner pulley and idler pulley.
Looks like proper oil changes weren't done or the wrong oil was used. Looked like a lot of sludge in your Vanos. Thought that could be from a failed CCV.

I'm looking at the ISC N1 coilovers, so maybe we can compare once we both have them in.
Thanks man and yeah I should, but having no car at home with insurance makes it tough to get around so I make due with what I have, and spark plugs, lower intake boot tensioners and idler pulley done while my brother owned the car, and the sludge in the vanos, was probably cause of the CCV to sure but cleaned it up before I threw it back together.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:20 PM   #43
AutoWerkez
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon_civic1 View Post
Nice to see your not giving up on the car, should look great once your done
Thanks bro!

Old 05-23-2013, 09:35 AM   #44
AutoWerkez
2nd Gear Member

So this week, I did a quick brake service, I plan on replacing rotors soon because I notice slight warpage, and possibly might up grade to Cross drilled or slotted rotors, we'll see in a few months.

So I finally installed my solo works which wasn't to bad of a job.

The Solo Werks Kit.

Installed in the fronts.

Installed in the rear, while taking the picture realised I forgot to install the bump stop on this side , so I went back and fixed it but neglected to take a photo.

Overall ride quality is actually good and solid for entry level coils. No squeaks and noises just be sure to install them correctly and you won't have a issue.

You can use the instruction manual on solo werks to help you along the way.

http://solo-werks.com/docs/isheets/S1BW003_v1.0.pdf

Next up my General Module went out on me, waiting on getting it repaired. Slight body work, full clean up and she'll be out on the road!

Sitting After Coilover Install

Last edited by AutoWerkez; 05-23-2013 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Forgot to add a picture.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:38 AM   #45
AutoWerkez
2nd Gear Member

Also forgot to add need rubber for my new wheels and then I can go lower with new wheels!.

Tags
bmw e46 328ci project

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: