Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-14-2013, 12:17 PM   #16
E36 Power
DEFINE GF

Other question

If i have a set of rims shipped to Niagara falls that are used (buying off bimmerforums) and I go across to pick them up, how would I declare the value and how would they even trace the value for me to pay a tax on it?
Old 03-14-2013, 12:48 PM   #17
Monte04ss
1st Gear Newbie

if you buy anything used / swap meet type purchase, just make out a hand written receipts and have both buyer and seller sign the bill. Make the price out realistically, as the boarder guys will check to validate the price if it seems out of whack !

Monte04ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #18
E36 Power
DEFINE GF

Awesome

Will do!
Old 03-27-2013, 08:53 PM   #19
Wiltzor
1st Gear Newbie

Thanks to this thread I just opted for the Cana-Ease (or whatever they've called it) shipping method from ECS for all my M62 Beisan Vanos overhaul goodies.

$436 in parts and $122 for shipping. A bit steep, but nice not having to worry about when the UPS guy knocks on my door.
Wiltzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:04 PM   #20
nate_s89
3rd Gear Member

I always use CBI in Niagara Falls, NY. Its 6 bucks a package with no time limit. Great people, and always reliable. It is literally a 5 minute drive passed the boarder. They are also a certified UPS shipping location so if I make a sale on bf.c I always ship from them as well.
As for declaration, the boarder is pretty lenient on pricing. I cross minimum once every two weeks with a couple buddies to bring stuff back. Anywhere from $300 worth of goods to $3000, and we have never been questioned on values. You can definitely lower your declared prices on used items, just don't go over the top with it.
nate_s89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:09 AM   #21
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

lol i just install everything and drive back whistling
Old 03-31-2013, 12:18 AM   #22
BMW Rated
Knowledge is power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate_s89 View Post
I always use CBI in Niagara Falls, NY. Its 6 bucks a package with no time limit. Great people, and always reliable. It is literally a 5 minute drive passed the boarder. They are also a certified UPS shipping location so if I make a sale on bf.c I always ship from them as well.
As for declaration, the boarder is pretty lenient on pricing. I cross minimum once every two weeks with a couple buddies to bring stuff back. Anywhere from $300 worth of goods to $3000, and we have never been questioned on values. You can definitely lower your declared prices on used items, just don't go over the top with it.
Do you usually go for a day and what do you tell them your crossing the border for or where your heading?
BMW Rated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:42 AM   #23
nate_s89
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Rated View Post
Do you usually go for a day and what do you tell them your crossing the border for or where your heading?
Yeah I just go over for an hour at most.

I tell them I'm going to CBI to pick up car parts.
nate_s89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:59 AM   #24
damameke
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Rated View Post
I picked up my H&R spring and spacers then spent a day of shopping
and I declared some cars accessory,(without being specific unless they ask) worth X amount of dollars and clothing, gardening stuffs etc etc worth X amount of dollars and got through - No tax..

someday one can be lucky but do declare though
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:19 PM   #25
BMW Rated
Knowledge is power!

Interesting, I always declare when I go i just don't want any hassle's or problems but I have never ordered any car parts and gone to pick them up.
BMW Rated is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: