Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #46
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavocSteve View Post
Thanks Enjoy your 11$/hr. But I for one want more in my life then that. Enjoy that forever. Also, if your parents cared enough, I'm sure they would help in any way they could. My parents just so happen to be kind enough to want to help their own son succeed in life. Life's a bitch sometimes eh?
Dude, are you out to lunch. Don't you think he wants more out of life then that as well???

At the end of the day, you have to do your time at an instituition. School, work, corporate world, etc.

If it was easy as you think it is to make $250,000 a year, we would all be doing it. It's not. Anyway, best of luck. Like I said, you're not the first, nor the last person, to come on these forums, or to tell me that they have connections int he corporate world and will be making >$50,000 at graduation.

Damn, where is Europrince??? remember that guy???? lol Except I think he actually had an MBA, so the salary expectations are within grasp.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:18 PM   #47
ericdalinda
6th Gear Member

I passed gents, honestly one of the hardest exams I have ever wrote. passing grade 75%

my final grade? 75%

my recommendation for anyone who writes their insurance exam? study everyday, all day.
ericdalinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:20 PM   #48
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavocSteve View Post
Thanks Enjoy your 11$/hr. But I for one want more in my life then that. Enjoy that forever. Also, if your parents cared enough, I'm sure they would help in any way they could. My parents just so happen to be kind enough to want to help their own son succeed in life. Life's a bitch sometimes eh?
yes it is, enjoy Ontario for the rest of your life. Do say hi when you visit me in the states though
Old 10-31-2012, 10:35 PM   #49
arek
3rd Gear Member

ugh, i would hate to have to work for somebody and deal with stuff!
arek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:31 AM   #50
Georgeburton
1st Gear Newbie

Impact Internet Marketing is a New Jersey Internet Marketing and Philadelphia SEO Company and a South Jersey Web Design Agency, with 12 years Internet Marketing experience.
New Jersey SEO Company
Old 03-26-2013, 06:28 AM   #51
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
lol @ CCNA's making 75K a year fresh out of college.

There's like 10 CCNA's in my (post grad) program, any one of them would kill for a job that pays 50K a year.

steve, i wish you all the best, but know that you're coming off like an entitled cunt who hasen't worked a day in his life.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black, ohlins, pazzo, cat delete, vance hines csone, YEC racing tune
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:28 PM   #52
quitri
1st Gear Newbie

I am a CCNA, MCP, LCP/LCA (Linux Certified Admin) .. I would kill anyone for a 40k/year job now ...

btw, who mentioned rogers ... they offered me 35k to start the job that only about 5 people can handle it in the country, which i couldn't afford to pay my rent. (this was several years back though, maybe they might offer 40k/year for such position now).
quitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:39 PM   #53
TSI
Reverse Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdalinda View Post
I passed gents, honestly one of the hardest exams I have ever wrote. passing grade 75%

my final grade? 75%

my recommendation for anyone who writes their insurance exam? study everyday, all day.
Good job!
TSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:00 PM   #54
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
lol @ CCNA's making 75K a year fresh out of college.

There's like 10 CCNA's in my (post grad) program, any one of them would kill for a job that pays 50K a year.

steve, i wish you all the best, but know that you're coming off like an entitled cunt who hasen't worked a day in his life.
LOL, reality is going to strike him really, really, really hard, when he gets his 2 year diploma from middle of no where collage only to realize that its a laughing stock of a credential.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:17 PM   #55
damameke
6th Gear Member

One can make around $75 to $90K if you are courted by big corporations while you are still in University, especially in U of Waterloo.

CCNA, dime a dozen now, just like CCIE; CCIE was commanding $75K to start about 8 years ago when there were not alot of people with that designation and 2 years after with the influx of CCIE from China, it dropped to $50K, now who knows...

SOA is where the money is now...
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:57 AM   #56
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Good luck OP, it's a tough market out there for recent grads, some industries are booming but are hesitant to overstaff, while others have been slumping for a while. Just put your nose to the grindstone and hit it like the fist of an angry god, and you should be fine.

HavocSteve, your ignorance never ceases to amaze me. You're probably going to come back with some diatribe about how you know this or that, but when it comes time to put pen to paper, you're going to get slapped in the face so hard your head will spin. It takes several years of hard work before coming close to that $75k figure especially as a CET, as it takes much longer to get a P.Eng through that stream and without it you're pretty much an engineer's bitch, for the most part, unless you're willing to whore yourself out to a remote location doing high-school level work (Fort McMurray - been there, done that on co-op). There are always exceptions to the rule however, and I wish you the best of luck but you definitely need to check your attitude. Everyone else can smell the truth, and it reeks.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's

Last edited by Axxe; 03-28-2013 at 01:02 AM.
Axxe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:12 PM   #57
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
It's not easy at all anymore. We are entering a new era where jobs are changing, and the market is flooded with job seekers.. Who knows we may even fall into a recession soon. Some of my friends are telling me since the building activity is slowing down across the board right now (except for condos which may just taper off in the next year), well, looking at the US and what followed the real estate crash, gives you a good idea what may happen here.

I'm sure it's not going to be that bad but just think of having even less jobs than we have right now. It's scary.

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:25 PM   #58
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_7 View Post
It's not easy at all anymore. We are entering a new era where jobs are changing, and the market is flooded with job seekers.. Who knows we may even fall into a recession soon. Some of my friends are telling me since the building activity is slowing down across the board right now (except for condos which may just taper off in the next year), well, looking at the US and what followed the real estate crash, gives you a good idea what may happen here.

I'm sure it's not going to be that bad but just think of having even less jobs than we have right now. It's scary.
Shiz is hards, but w.e. I worked my ass off to make my dreams happen
Old 04-04-2013, 01:50 PM   #59
canukgtp
2nd Gear Member

To the OP...congrats on passing the test and good luck with the new job!
canukgtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:13 AM   #60
Headenburton
1st Gear Newbie

New Jersey Web Design Company

New Jersey Web Design Company-Impact Internet Marketing is a New Jersey Internet Marketing and Philadelphia SEO Company and a South Jersey Web Design Agency, with 12 years Internet Marketing experience.
New Jersey Web Design Company

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: