Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-21-2013, 09:36 PM   #1
Farintosh
2nd Gear Member

BBS OEM Miata Wheels?

Hey everyone!

With summer around the corner I've decided to invest in some wheels. I found a guy who had some very blurry pictures of bbs wheels for $1000 with tires. The wheels are mint with only 200km and the tires equally fresh. I asked for further info but he didn't have much. After lots of research I pegged them as Miata wheels, BBS OEM Alloys ('95 M) which had been redrilled to fit 4x100. They are 15x6.5 et45 and 12 lbs. I'm currently in uni and can't afford rs's and was wondering what the consensus was on these wheels. Does anyone have experience with anything similar? Is this a fair price?

Thanks for your time!
Farintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:00 AM   #2
328IScreamer
6th Gear Member

Is that the actual rim you want to buy? There will likely be some corrosion around that external balance weight

Also for 1000 I think you may be able to do a bit better rim wise. The tires sound to be the most expensive item in this deal
Old 03-22-2013, 10:14 AM   #3
Farintosh
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328IScreamer View Post
Is that the actual rim you want to buy? There will likely be some corrosion around that external balance weight

Also for 1000 I think you may be able to do a bit better rim wise. The tires sound to be the most expensive item in this deal
Well I certainly didn't go looking for these wheels originally but I do think they would work well on the car. The picture isn't of the wheel, the ones I'm buying are here, non of which have wheel weights.

The tires are certainly a big part. I think for what look to be mint rims and fresh tires it seems worth 1000 with the caps and everything, the seller didn't know anything about the wheels though and is apparently just trying make up for the tires. Would 800 be a good deal?
Old 03-22-2013, 11:41 AM   #4
328IScreamer
6th Gear Member

I do like those rims for the e30, I would say 800 would be a fair deal. Are the tires decent queality?
Old 03-22-2013, 01:42 PM   #5
Farintosh
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328IScreamer View Post
I do like those rims for the e30, I would say 800 would be a fair deal. Are the tires decent queality?
Yeah, the tires are fresh falkens, he paid 900 for them last summer new. I got him down to $800. I think for $800 this is probably the nicest pair I can get for my e30. Thanks for your insight, really appreciate it
Old 03-22-2013, 05:34 PM   #6
defaultName
5th Gear Member

Are you looking for weaves only, or are you open to other options?

I ask because for $800-$1,000 you have quite a few options.

Last edited by defaultName; 03-22-2013 at 05:37 PM.
defaultName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:05 PM   #7
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
6.5 width, and 45 offset? Is that even going to fit? Never tried such a high offset wheel, but that in my mind I would assume it would bang into the strut.

I also agree with the statement that for this price range, you have a lot more options... Heck, I'd sell my 15" BBS on my E30 if we are still talking about those prices

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:24 PM   #8
karmatose
164.3ci Of Fury

I agree that price is a bit high. I got a brand new wheel and tire package (15"x7 ET25 57.1mm center bore aka direct fit + 205/50R15 Falken Azenis RT615Ks) for $850 (+tax and duty). For used wheels and tires even $800 is a bit steep. Now sure, my wheels were made in China and not BBS, but... They'll be just fine on the street. I have my ASA JS1's for the track.

Even a new set of TRM C1's from Tire Rack or the D-Force LTW5 from Vorshlag (or your vendor of choice) and a fresh set of rubber can fall in at about $800 depending on what you get for rubber.

IMHO, shop around a bit harder unless you're sold on the weaves.

Last edited by karmatose; 03-22-2013 at 06:51 PM.
karmatose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:51 PM   #9
Yamahammer
Warlock of the century

Those look like RX7 RC wheels....

Crazazn is right, you'd have to run a spacer to not hit that strut in the front with such a sunken wheel.

I don't think they are worth 1000$ If you want something like that find a set of e30 euroweaves for cheap....
Yamahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:04 PM   #10
Farintosh
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by defaultName View Post
Are you looking for weaves only, or are you open to other options?

I ask because for $800-$1,000 you have quite a few options.
Umm I'm fairly open to options, I've always loved weaves but I wouldn't mind another cool classic wheel; Borbet type A's or something would be cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahammer View Post
Those look like RX7 RC wheels....

Crazazn is right, you'd have to run a spacer to not hit that strut in the front with such a sunken wheel.

I don't think they are worth 1000$ If you want something like that find a set of e30 euroweaves for cheap....
Yeah I believe they are, 2nd gen. I'm starting to find more options thanks to this forum. These wheels are going to be a community decision lol.

Any recommendations within the 1-2k range?
Old 03-22-2013, 11:28 PM   #11
karmatose
164.3ci Of Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farintosh View Post

Konig Rewind. Available in 15x7 4x100 ET20. $110/pop from discount tire in the USA ($50+$70 off right now!!! HELLA GOOD DEAL!!!).

Pair them with some S-Drives (205/50R15) from 1010tire.com (which has a free shipping sale on right now!!!) for a reasonably priced and decent setup.

Should be about $900 landed.
karmatose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:14 AM   #12
defaultName
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farintosh View Post
When I sold you the car it came with 15" TSW weaves right? And I think you bought new tires for them too?

If this is correct then I'd suggest holding off on the wheels until you at least lower the car. You may be happy with the overall look of the car after that and not need to invest in new wheels. You could also buy some spacers for the TSW's which would improve the look as well.

Then you could use the money you saved on wheels and tires (roughly $800-$1,000) for something else. Euro bumpers would be next on my list

If you definitely are getting new wheels then consider these options instead of those Miata weaves.

You could get stock iX weaves for a fraction of the cost and they are 15"x7" as opposed to 15"x6.5". Plus you may be able to use the tires from your TSW's. You would need some spacers to run these but it's not a big deal. And finally they would be 4x100 and not re-drilled.

I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with re-drilled wheels, but if you are gong to get wheels that have been re-drilled then you should look into E38 Style 5's. There's a set for sale here. One of the best looking wheels for an E30 (within reason of course) IMO.

And finally I would look into Borbet A's (kind of hard to find in that price but they come up every so often) and E's (not everyone likes them but I do, and there cheap). When I owned the car I was actually looking at buying a set of Zender Star's and I think they may still be for sale.

Or any other wheels where you may be able to reuse your current tires to save money. Enkei 92's for example. Post your tire size here and ask what size of wheels can use these tires.

Good luck, and if you need help looking for wheels let me know!
Old 03-23-2013, 08:17 AM   #13
defaultName
5th Gear Member

^ Cliff's Notes - there are way to many options out there to settle on overpriced re-drilled skinny Miata weaves.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:01 PM   #14
Ryan1212
Some sort of something...

As defaultName reference the Enkei's, I'm running Enkei92's on my car, 15x8's. I can't say how well it drives (rubbing issues) as I haven't driven the car yet with the snow, but to get them to fit on the front I have to run a spacer (7mm i think?) and the backs just barely clear without a spacer, although I'm running a 15mm. I like the 92's just cause of the stock weave style with a lip.
Ryan1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:21 PM   #15
Farintosh
2nd Gear Member

[quote=karmatose;1602841]

Really like the look of these I'll take a peek and see what I can find on them. Thanks for showing me to them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by defaultName View Post
When I sold you the car it came with 15" TSW weaves right? And I think you bought new tires for them too?

If this is correct then I'd suggest holding off on the wheels until you at least lower the car. You may be happy with the overall look of the car after that and not need to invest in new wheels. You could also buy some spacers for the TSW's which would improve the look as well.

Then you could use the money you saved on wheels and tires (roughly $800-$1,000) for something else. Euro bumpers would be next on my list

If you definitely are getting new wheels then consider these options instead of those Miata weaves.

You could get stock iX weaves for a fraction of the cost and they are 15"x7" as opposed to 15"x6.5". Plus you may be able to use the tires from your TSW's. You would need some spacers to run these but it's not a big deal. And finally they would be 4x100 and not re-drilled.

I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with re-drilled wheels, but if you are gong to get wheels that have been re-drilled then you should look into E38 Style 5's. There's a set for sale here. One of the best looking wheels for an E30 (within reason of course) IMO.

And finally I would look into Borbet A's (kind of hard to find in that price but they come up every so often) and E's (not everyone likes them but I do, and there cheap). When I owned the car I was actually looking at buying a set of Zender Star's and I think they may still be for sale.

Or any other wheels where you may be able to reuse your current tires to save money. Enkei 92's for example. Post your tire size here and ask what size of wheels can use these tires.

Good luck, and if you need help looking for wheels let me know!
Hey! Yeah I put new tires on the TSW's but when I went to drive the car the steering wheel shook back an forth so fast at certain speeds it was hard to control at times. The tire shop has actually taken of the hubcentric rings which caused this. I found new ones but there is still a decent amount of wobble. One day my dad took the car out to his shop and the wobble scared him, which is one of the reasons I'm getting new wheels.

I love all of those wheels haha. Egye30 actually got in touch with me about those weaves after I started this thread, really like the wheels and might check them out in the near future.

Thanks for showing me some other options, I'll look around for all of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan1212 View Post
As defaultName reference the Enkei's, I'm running Enkei92's on my car, 15x8's. I can't say how well it drives (rubbing issues) as I haven't driven the car yet with the snow, but to get them to fit on the front I have to run a spacer (7mm i think?) and the backs just barely clear without a spacer, although I'm running a 15mm. I like the 92's just cause of the stock weave style with a lip.
Haha I love enkei 92's. I actually met a guy to look into buy some. Needless to say the seller didn't give off the best vibe and I walked. I saw there's a set for sale atm though, they're certainly one of my top options right now. Do you have any pictures of them on your car? Thanks for your help!

Tags
mazda, miata, rims, wheels

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: