Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-17-2013, 11:39 PM   #166
Ryan1212
Some sort of something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by noid View Post
This spring/summer is going to be the first time ill be out in an E30 since 2008.

Feels good man.
I've only driven my E30 for about 10km when I bought it in the fall, I cant wait to drive it after all of the work been done over the winter.

I'm down for a Cayuga day, get as many e30's as possible.
Ryan1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:35 AM   #167
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan1212 View Post
Hopefully I'll have mine down in Kitchener for a bit in the summer so we can get at least four of us to cruise to autocross from Guelph.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahammer View Post
Lets all go to Cayuga one day!

This song reminds me of getting the e30 ready for summer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbVHbEGerRA
I've got another buddy in KW who has an E30 and will definitely be down for auto-x and lapping at Cayuga.

Rollin' with a posse of E30s... sounds like it's going to be a fun summer
Old 03-18-2013, 08:46 AM   #168
karmatose
164.3ci Of Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
sounds like it's going to be a fun summer
Heres hoping! I put in my wrench time last summer so hopefully I should have a trouble free summer this year. Won't be daily driving the car this year either so hopefully that helps with longevity.

Also down for lapping at Cayuga, but something else to keep in mind; Grand Bend has lapping nights for cheap with online pre-registration. Since it's only like a 30min sprint from my place, I plan on doing that a lot this summer. I think their first one is May 4th (May the fourth be with you!).
karmatose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:48 AM   #169
cormier
6th Gear Member

Ill be in KW area and down for lapping TMP, GB or autoX... One more to the posse

cormier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #170
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmatose View Post
Also down for lapping at Cayuga, but something else to keep in mind; Grand Bend has lapping nights for cheap with online pre-registration. Since it's only like a 30min sprint from my place, I plan on doing that a lot this summer. I think their first one is May 4th (May the fourth be with you!).
Yeah, TMP also has cheap weekday evening lapping. I'd like to check out the GB track but it's like 150km from me, it'd have to be for a weekend lapping event. TMP is only 85km from me so that's where I go for evening lapping.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:41 AM   #171
karmatose
164.3ci Of Fury

Exact opposite here. 60KM from my door to GBM, 150KM to TMP. That said, the drive to TMP is pretty nice via hwy 3, so I'm down for either.

At any rate, anyone who wants to make a weekend of Grand Bend.... I have a couch that's plenty comfy to crash on.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:03 PM   #172
Yamahammer
Warlock of the century

Good let's plan this out then! TMP or GB is fine with me. I may take you up on the couch offer, as long as I can get my e30 in your driveway
Yamahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:17 PM   #173
karmatose
164.3ci Of Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahammer View Post
Good let's plan this out then! TMP or GB is fine with me. I may take you up on the couch offer, as long as I can get my e30 in your driveway
It's pretty easy to get in and out of my condo complex and ground level visitor parking. I roll in on my H&R Cup Kit with no real issues. My driveway is somewhat challenging though. Needs to be nursed up what seems like Mount Everest of a curb.

Would be kinda neat to fill visitor parking with E30's though.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:16 PM   #174
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Tax refund came in today

Ordered Massive Brake's booster delete kit

Ordering all the bushings, mounts and missalanous parts for the 5 speed swap this week

Picking up rims and tires Monday

Anyone going to the evening lapping at Cayuga let me know, if I'm not working I will try and make it.

Looking forward to the autoslalom/lapping at mosport with trillium and Bimmercruise this summer as well, think I am going to do the June ADS with trillium in June, might do calibogie and gonna try and hit the school at the glen too.
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:44 PM   #175
noid
5th Gear Member

I am more excited about cruises, and back roads rather then going to Cayuga or other paid events.

Never really been interested in AutoX, or the price tag it brings.
noid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:49 PM   #176
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noid View Post
I am more excited about cruises, and back roads rather then going to Cayuga or other paid events.

Never really been interested in AutoX, or the price tag it brings.
Club membership is $60 for the year

Autoslalom plus lapping was $100 for the day, can't complain about that

plus if your gonna do a school and have you membership the DDT autoslalom is a steal of a deal

Autoslalom over all is very cheap compared to other times events, but it's not everyone's thing

That being said, don't be afraid to cruise to the races and hang out with your fellow e30 owners, which there is usually 5 to 10 at each event
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:10 AM   #177
noid
5th Gear Member

If it was $60 for the year and you could do unlimited events at no cost then that would sounds reasonable to me.

Comparative to other events it may seem cheap to those used to paying the higher prices, but when you're used to driving for free, $100/day+ other expenses doesn't seem very economical. I can totally understand why others do it though.

No membership required to just hang around and watch right? Where are these events usually held?
noid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:22 AM   #178
cormier
6th Gear Member

DDT is a cool track to start and try for a school or AutoX. TMP is cool too for lapping and pretty cheap.

Gotta agree with Rich on this one--AutoX in general, especially with Trillium is very affordable compared to other HPD events. You can't get that kind of driving on the street for free either, it's night/day difference being on any track.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:49 AM   #179
karmatose
164.3ci Of Fury

I think the open lapping nights at GB are far better value for getting track time for me if I factor in travel. I'm not a huge fan of parking lot events and chasing cones so I'd rather do an evening event/weekend on track event somewhere. That said, the DDT Trillium events seem like excellent value and I do like the social aspects of the parking lot events so I would go just to hang out. Any way you slice it though, I like being able to get a taste of it without having to worry about damaging wheels on potholes, bottoming out or getting speeding tickets, etc. and will be doing as much 'lapping' as I can wherever possible. Sure it costs a few bucks, but speeding tickets aren't cheap either.

That said, cruising also is quite enjoyable. Nothing like a backroad blast with a few friends or a poker run, but having to constantly keep an eye out for speed traps and potholes kinda takes a lot of the fun out of it for me. One thing I might try this summer is a navigational rally. I've been paying attention to the Rally Sport Ontario page for a while now and it seems rather affordable and enjoyable. Kinda like a cruise with a point.

I guess what I'm getting at is...

Old 03-19-2013, 09:55 AM   #180
cormier
6th Gear Member

Nav rallys are a good time. A buddy and I took my IX e46 to an overnight winter one in Bancroft, and it turned out like this after taking a wrong turn onto a snowmobile trail for a few km

That said, the summer ones were sure fun

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: