Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 5 series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-22-2013, 05:27 AM   #31
2bmwguy
Banned

These guys wanna hate,do what you want.looks good.
2bmwguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:34 AM   #32
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

This is how you properly rock a euro plate

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:. '01 Exterior Upgrades; E60 SSK
Toys'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:59 AM   #33
v_bimmer
Jailbait FTW

everybody is trying to get away from front plates, in order to see the bumper, and its a cleaner look.

BUT you, but 2 plates on the front end?

might as well cover the whole front bumper, by adding one more euro plate on the other side
Old 02-22-2013, 12:23 PM   #34
wolf_e39
2nd Gear Member

i agree it would be great if it was not mandatory to have a plate in the front like Quebec has, but since we cant this is the next best thing for me

V bimmer
on your m3 yes i agree the front plates ruins the lines of the bumper but on mine it fits right in imo

at the end of the day i am making the car according to my tastes not anybody else so is what i like that is important.
wolf_e39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #35
v_bimmer
Jailbait FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_e39 View Post
i agree it would be great if it was not mandatory to have a plate in the front like Quebec has, but since we cant this is the next best thing for me

V bimmer
on your m3 yes i agree the front plates ruins the lines of the bumper but on mine it fits right in imo

at the end of the day i am making the car according to my tastes not anybody else so is what i like that is important.
People are trying to guide you in the right direction, because whatever you are doing with the car is

this thread needs some more clean inspirational photos of e39, maybe it will help to rescue this e39

cleane39.jpg
Old 02-22-2013, 02:40 PM   #36
wolf_e39
2nd Gear Member

the pic that you posted is nice but i have seen a million of them
why does everybody have to do the same thing ?
lower it and put some rims on and maybe the m bumpers its too common

i don't want to lower the car because i love the ride quality and i actually like to use the car not scrape every time i get on my drive way or on every bump on the highway
rims yes they are a must but why does everybody have to put the m bumper on ? are we that limited with our imagination ? we don't have to blindly follow what every body else does
i don't want my car to look the same with any other on the road.

it is the same as the people that put ridiculous amounts of camber on their wheels and they have to drastically modifie everything from suspension to body to make it work.
i personally hate the look, it is not my thing, but i am not going to hate the guy for doing it or post pics of other cars and say lets try to save your car from you.
i appreciate the amount of time work and money he puts in to it because at the end of the day he drives home in it not you

so start appreciating diversity not blindly follow the crowd like the sheep
Old 02-22-2013, 03:05 PM   #37
INFAMOU$
Automotive Puppeteer

Send a message via MSN to INFAMOU$
You can still lower it without compromising ride quality... also the last pic posted is a non M bumper! Everyone here is trying to help you out, you need to take a bit of criticism and the information passed onto you.

Here's my ride, not ridiculously low but spaced out accordingly and proper front plate bracket.

INFAMOU$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:20 PM   #38
wolf_e39
2nd Gear Member

i understand and i appreciate what everybody is saying
i just got a bit offended at all of v's comments and all the hating

also you car is gorgeous i also have the hamann side skirts and back bumper that i am putting on
the only body difference between our cars will be that mine is black and i will have the hamann front lip in stead of the m bumper
Old 02-24-2013, 03:52 PM   #39
2bmwguy
Banned

Don't bother!!! ,do your thing and don't post on here. Haters need to put someone down Just to fell good about thEm selfs at that currant time. Your car has come a long way,good for you.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:04 PM   #40
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

Do whatever makes you happy
Old 02-25-2013, 12:04 PM   #41
ALPINA MAN
ALPINA Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bmwguy View Post
Don't bother!!! ,do your thing and don't post on here. Haters need to put someone down Just to fell good about thEm selfs at that currant time. Your car has come a long way,good for you.

Sorry to burst your little bubble, there are no haters here, unless you think all these people are against the OP, which is highly unlikely.

The OP asked people in his own original post to give their opinion, and people are spoken period. Now, if OP would have just post what he was doing to his car and wouldn’t asked for people’s opinion, then perhaps you could have legs to stand on and post what you posted already.

I know a lot of people in this community and most of them are great guys and have great taste of setting their rides as they find fit, but getting upset and calling name is not what we are here for.
1983-E28-Euro 525I-S54 M Motor - 6 speed, S3:73 LSD Diff
1986-E28-Alpina B7 Turbo #259
1988-E32-Alpina B11 #189
1991-E34-Alpina B10 #523
1997-E39-Alpina B10 V8 #221
2011-Audi S3 TFSI Quattro-6 Speed (winter beater)
ALPINA MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:50 PM   #42
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFAMOU$ View Post
You can still lower it without compromising ride quality... also the last pic posted is a non M bumper! Everyone here is trying to help you out, you need to take a bit of criticism and the information passed onto you.

Here's my ride, not ridiculously low but spaced out accordingly and proper front plate bracket.

How much do you love your supercharger....seriously, I am uber jealous!

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:. '01 Exterior Upgrades; E60 SSK
Toys'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:28 PM   #43
v_bimmer
Jailbait FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINA MAN View Post
Sorry to burst your little bubble, there are no haters here, unless you think all these people are against the OP, which is highly unlikely.

The OP asked people in his own original post to give their opinion, and people are spoken period. Now, if OP would have just post what he was doing to his car and wouldn’t asked for people’s opinion, then perhaps you could have legs to stand on and post what you posted already.

I know a lot of people in this community and most of them are great guys and have great taste of setting their rides as they find fit, but getting upset and calling name is not what we are here for.
exactly

OP wanted to hear an opinion and he got it, how does that make me a hater? If his car would have been tastefully modified, i would have stated that it is nice.

and don't forget that this is a public forum, where everybody is entitled to their own opinion
Old 02-25-2013, 04:47 PM   #44
damameke
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_bimmer View Post
exactly

OP wanted to hear an opinion and he got it, how does that make me a hater? If his car would have been tastefully modified, i would have stated that it is nice.

and don't forget that this is a public forum, where everybody is entitled to their own opinion
Your initial reply wasnt an "opinion" , it was a criticism...
"I am sorry to say, but this is one of the ugliest E39s, i have seen in a long time All your current mods, you can just sum it up as: Ebay special"

OP took the time and effort to list out what he has on the car, even with pictures and there you are the 1st reply;ugliest, Ebay special.. and whammm Wolf-E39's feeling was hurt..and deflated...

Even tho . this is a public forum,, a little bit of appreciation and better choice of words on your opinion and a few better mod suggestions goes a long way in helping the OP out...

Then again. .this is my opinion....
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:55 PM   #45
2bmwguy
Banned

Ha.ha.ha. it's funny how people come now and say,..I'm not a hater...lmao

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: