I have decided to sell my '89 325iX. It's 5 speed, 4 door, cloth interior, power everything, heated seats.
I have owned it since ~2007 and it has been my winter/spare car in addition to my E30 turbo. I've been driving it daily up until the end of January 2013. It has, unfortunately, started to degrade a bit and I no longer have the time to dedicate to it, so I'm putting it up for sale as a winter beater or fixer-upper.
It has ~319xxx kms. Price is $2000 obo as-is. It's located in the Guelph area.
Here's the good and bad:
- AWD system still works excellent! I've never been stuck in the snow before.
- Euro smileys with OSRAM bulbs.
- Crack-free dash
- Heated seats work
- Cruise control works
- Exhaust replaced (OEM-style, catback), new in June 2011
- New fuel tank (aftermarket), January 2010
- New front (reman.) calipers March 2012. Left-hand is installed, Right-hand is still in the box.
- New sunroof panel (OEM), summer 2007.
- OEM block heater, summer 2007
- OEM "Premium" speakers.
- Never had a problem passing emmissions (although it's due for it now)
- No cracks/chips in windsheild.
- Leather shift boot/hand-brake cover
- Weighted ///M shift knob (Forgot to take a pic..... Same as this: http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-18...d-pattern.aspx
- Ski bag (excellent condition, never really used)
- Aftermarket keyless entry
- Paint is essentially shot (it was a roller-job that looked good when it was done, but it doesn't have the longevity of a real paint job
- Missing hand-brake pads/hardware (lines were replaced in 2007)
- Rusty bottom of passenger door (see pic)
- Driver's side carpet gets wet
- Drips a bit of oil
- Leak in the clutch fluid line (need to keep topping it up).
- Radio antenna was removed and the hole was patched.
- Rear window defroster doesn't really work
- Basketweaves are pretty corroded.
It has an aftermarket head unit (old MP3/CD player with aux input). It was connected to an amp in the trunk, but that's not included (so the speakers don't work unless you get an amp or hook them back up to the head unit). The interior is about an 8/10. Some small rips, but no major wear.
I have a set of bottlecaps with winter tires for sale separately, but they could be included as well.
The car drives well and is solid, it just needs a bit of love...
Feel free to PM or email me at e30ryan at gmail dot com