Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-21-2013, 09:58 AM   #1
beem3r
2nd Gear Member

New wheel setup

So last year I sold my VMR's to a local member here, my wife and I were a little short on cash building a school in Cambodia dedicated to her late father.

Here is a pic of what my M3 will be wearing this year.

3 piece 20" iForged Flux's with high polished lip, and gloss black face. Still needs some more elbow grease in polishing. I know I know 20's? On an M? I know some won't like it and there will be haters, but really, it's only an inch up from my stocks. I also don't track my car, nor race my car, and don't plan to. So why not give them a try. I think it's going to look great

photo.jpg

Comments lol?

Also, figured I'd post up a pic of the school too now that it's complete. Crazy what you can build there for not that much money. I know some members knew I had started this project, well, here it is finished with some of the students outside.

412954_10151137493171403_839118905_o.jpg

Jared
beem3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:26 AM   #2
cormier
6th Gear Member

Very cool dude, props on the school. Pix of wheels when they're on!

cormier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:15 PM   #3
jeremy
6th Gear Member

That's awesome bud! Your actions are very humbling.

What's it cost to do something like that?
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:16 PM   #4
odzzie
2nd Gear Member

cant say im a fan of those wheels something about the black with chrome lip just bothers the heck out of me.. thats why im selling the ones i have LOL! -_- but to each their own... gold face would be very very nice..
odzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:19 PM   #5
odzzie
2nd Gear Member

Oh and GREAT! job on the school in cambodia! not very many people would donate or use their time to build something for the needy.. i am also cambodian haha
Old 02-21-2013, 04:24 PM   #6
ju_le_new
2nd Gear Member

Nice job on the school, such a nice action. And I can't wait to see those wheels on the car, I'm sure it will look great
Old 02-21-2013, 04:45 PM   #7
beem3r
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
That's awesome bud! Your actions are very humbling.

What's it cost to do something like that?
Cost us around 30k... Money well spent to me...the school has 500 or so students, which without our school, would probably go uneducated... we also paid for many books and supplies. To build an furnish an entire school for that "little" money is crazy... you can't do much with that here...i have many more pictures that I can post, just not here at work. We were invited to go to the school for another "inauguration" opening this summer. My wife has been a few times, but not me. I think we might try to go in the fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odzzie View Post
cant say im a fan of those wheels something about the black with chrome lip just bothers the heck out of me.. thats why im selling the ones i have LOL! -_- but to each their own... gold face would be very very nice..
Quote:
Oh and GREAT! job on the school in cambodia! not very many people would donate or use their time to build something for the needy.. i am also cambodian haha
I've seen the Maya's you've had for sale for awhile...black face and polished (not chrome!) works for me though...at least I think. My car is titan silver, black soft top, smoked corners, carbon splitters, carbon csl diffuser etc... the contrast would just work... and being three piece wheels, if I feel like changing colors, its as simple as letting the air out of the tires, and pulling the wheel faces out. Gold would definitely, definitely clash with my theme lol

Also, most of my friends are cambodian lol...maybe we've met!

Jared
Old 02-21-2013, 05:07 PM   #8
odzzie
2nd Gear Member

Haha there are so many faces that i have i dont remember but maybe at sometime we have met.. and yea gold with silver does clash... im actually selling a 5spoke set of 19" Trafficstar's 2pcs i believe but not sure its in storage and i havent seen it for awhile just trying to unload them but nice acquire on your set of wheels i would also like to see them on the car aswell
Old 02-21-2013, 05:10 PM   #9
beem3r
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Haha there are so many faces that i have i dont remember but maybe at sometime we have met.. and yea gold with silver does clash... im actually selling a 5spoke set of 19" Trafficstar's 2pcs i believe but not sure its in storage and i havent seen it for awhile just trying to unload them but nice acquire on your set of wheels i would also like to see them on the car aswell
Trafficstar is a Maya wheel... but i think trafficstar may have bought maya....also, i noticed but didn't want to say anything, and it really doesn't make a difference, but your wheels are ST5...not STS...i love maya wheels, that's why I know lol I longed for a set of STM's
Old 02-21-2013, 05:15 PM   #10
odzzie
2nd Gear Member

OH MAN! thats incredible! i couldnt find any info on the wheels as STS i type in ST5 and i find like 1000 pages... this was slowing me down from selling them... this will maybe things easier for me when i sell them i appreciate your input haha.. i need to unload these quick since i just bought a BUNCH of parts -_-

Thanks!
Old 02-22-2013, 10:19 PM   #11
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

I'll miss those VMR's and I'm sure you will also. But I know you'll have a place in 500 kids and family in a place far from Canada. Humbled and thankful that people like you exist in this world Jared. I'm glad to see you finally got it done without having to sell the complete M3. The wife's father would be proud.

Stephen.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:08 PM   #12
beem3r
2nd Gear Member

Not done polishing them completely yet, but I couldn't wait any longer. I had to see what they looked like, and in my opinion, they look great. Not as big as I thought they were going to look either. Front is pretty flush, but because the previous owner mounted such a narrow tire for the wheel on the rear, I think I'm going to buy some 5-10mm spacers until new tires are needed.

Here's some mounted pics. Crappy iphone pics, and crappy angles due to all the snow and my limited space.

photo.JPG

photo(3).JPG

photo(2).JPG

photo(1).JPG
Old 03-02-2013, 04:17 PM   #13
Barnsdale
2nd Gear Member

Looks awesome - love the deep lip in the rear. The lip almost breaks up the size and it ends up looking badass.

I just ordered up some Alufelgens for my E82, can't wait for them to arrive in a couple weeks
Barnsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #14
Bimmers
///M3

Nice action on the school! Hot looking ///M3 .
Bimmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:41 PM   #15
Z4MC
3rd Gear Member

Very nice. They look good on there.

Ps. Let me know if you are interested in csl m3 rotors/calipers. They would look good behind those big wheels
Z4MC is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: