Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-11-2013, 12:00 PM   #61
starbuck
2nd Gear Member

The torch may feel more solid than an s2 but too many moving parts on a phone equals disaster.
starbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:20 PM   #62
starbuck
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by damameke View Post

I dont know what your definition of Innovation is? Bb10 is a complete new OS based on the QNX platform and its theirs to license in the future if BB wants to go in that direction,so no patent lawsuit here...

As an investor in BB, of course, I like the sales to be better but I am willing to wait for the next few quarters, and after the dust settles, I think BB will come up with something with their Playbook...
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that apple or google have been super innovative as of late either ... But innovation is usually what compels people to make the switch.

QNX is theirs of course, but has minimal visibility and brings little improvement to the table. But its hardly new , and far from a revamp of the OS that has been floundering for the last 3 years. As for BES, I agree this still is one of RIMs positives, however my opinion of RIM was specific to their attempts to become a leader in the consumer market, not their business/government segment. My point was to illustrate that they have not brought anything that I find compelling to make the switch. Apple hasn't either but until I see something worth making a switch, I'm content.

I definitely don't discourage people from trying the device. I have and I am thoroughly not impressed.

But this is all talk, time will tell and I do have the best hopes for RIM
starbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:06 PM   #63
ZiMMie
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotcH View Post
I'm going to hold out for a physical keyboard one ... and they ****ing better come out with a slider, not some half-screen bullshit.

I don't understand people's desire for a lighter thinner device. When I hold my wife's S2, I feel like it's going to snap in my hand. My torch on the other hand feels like a solid brick that can be run over with the car ... much prefer that feeling.
Then the Lumia 920 is your friend.To add to its durability, it also has camera that any of these phones mention in the thread couldn't touch.

http://gizmodo.com/5980316/blackberr...in-a-long-time

Last edited by ZiMMie; 02-11-2013 at 01:13 PM.
ZiMMie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:49 PM   #64
niko_gt
6th Gear Member

Everybody I know who`s picked one up loves it.

Its larger then the Iphone yet smaller then most Android devices. Its good size in my honest opinion.

The OS is the best part about the phone. Its very quick. I`m sick of my company provided 9900 and want to upgrade(on my own dime).

What is pissing me off is that TELUS wont sell me one unless I renew my contract(Which I`m unauthorized to do since its a company phone). Even if I want to pay the $650 outright(Which I`m happy to do until the Q10 comes out) I`d prefer to buy legit through TELUS with warranty and all, rather then a sketchy unlocked device on kijiji. If anyone works at TELUS and can help me out please PM me!

Thanks
Old 02-19-2013, 04:34 PM   #65
daytona
6th Gear Member

Blah waiting for the Samsung IV and its IPS screen.My buddy picked up the Nexus and its damn fast phone and the screen is amazing...Well I guess those few people who bought the BB10 are one of the few ones...read on...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...service=mobile
Old 02-19-2013, 07:32 PM   #66
sirex
King Sirex

Was a good article about the price cut, downgrade on Blackberry. What a disaster.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:34 PM   #67
daytona
6th Gear Member

next in line...HTC ONE..sexy looking phone.

http://www.zdnet.com/htc-one-meet-th...tc-7000011462/

Last edited by daytona; 02-19-2013 at 08:37 PM.
daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:42 PM   #68
sirex
King Sirex

looks like the blackberry!
Old 02-19-2013, 11:15 PM   #69
daytona
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
looks like the blackberry!
all phones basically look alike no matter what Apple tries to patent but curved side view is pretty Samsungish S3.Apple rumor mill is there are going to try and apply the flexy glass onto the iphone for the profitable fourth quarter release to make a ultra thin phone...
Old 02-20-2013, 12:10 PM   #70
daytona
6th Gear Member

Im waiting for the Google Glass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLn0cSZfl6c

on a side note the BB10 killing Rim other phone 9900 phone which is higher profit margin for them.

Last edited by daytona; 02-20-2013 at 04:09 PM.
daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:23 PM   #71
///eP
3rd Gear Member

Ditched my ip4s for the z10, what a difference! Insanely fast browser, sweet camera with good editing features, too much to list! BB is BACK! Not a real fan of the gs3, too big, feel like im putting a piece of bread to my head when talking on it.
///eP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:31 PM   #72
sirex
King Sirex

i dont get it.... "insanely fast browser"

lol, the iphone 4 is 2 years old and was never optimized properly for browsing.

have u used a Sg3?
Old 02-22-2013, 10:36 AM   #73
damameke
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///eP View Post
Ditched my ip4s for the z10, what a difference! Insanely fast browser, sweet camera with good editing features, too much to list! BB is BACK! Not a real fan of the gs3, too big, feel like im putting a piece of bread to my head when talking on it.
ahhh; one IP4s convert here equals one BB sale...lol
also known a few APPL fan converting to Z10...
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:14 PM   #74
Jamil
2nd Gear Member

We ran an unscientific browser comparison at work using a Galaxy Nexus, Z10, and an iPhone 5. Consistent results in terms of browser speed were:
Nexus w/ Chrome > Z10 > IP5 > Nexus w/ default browser. BB10 has a great browser but the Nexus with Chrome usually beat it by a hair, the iPhone 5 was surprisingly slower than both, and the Nexus with the default browser was the slowest. The Z10 had the highest HTML 5 scores. For BB to have a better browser than iOS at this point is something they deserve a lot credit for.
Jamil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:52 PM   #75
ZiMMie
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamil View Post
We ran an unscientific browser comparison at work using a Galaxy Nexus, Z10, and an iPhone 5. Consistent results in terms of browser speed were:
Nexus w/ Chrome > Z10 > IP5 > Nexus w/ default browser. BB10 has a great browser but the Nexus with Chrome usually beat it by a hair, the iPhone 5 was surprisingly slower than both, and the Nexus with the default browser was the slowest. The Z10 had the highest HTML 5 scores. For BB to have a better browser than iOS at this point is something they deserve a lot credit for.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: