Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-18-2013, 08:09 PM   #1
firbster
2nd Gear Member

New to maxbimmer and BMW

Hey , New here and new to BMW, i have a few buddies with BMW's and they got my swayed over. i have been a GM guy most of my life and i have a low milage 5spd 1984 Z28 than i play with until this summer. I bought a 2000 carbon black M5, car is clean , all service history back to 2005, it has supersprint exhaust and dinan CAI.. so far i love the car and have bought a pile of stuff to go into it when it comes out for summer, the bad ..it has the secondary air problem, and 3 rust spots about the size of a quarter ..

P.S. if anyone has done a dynavin install one one of these id love to talk to ya..
firbster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:24 PM   #2
cormier
6th Gear Member

Congrats and welcome!

What questions did you have about dynavin?

cormier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:14 PM   #3
dbworld4k
Addict

Welcome! TheMadChigga has a Dynavin in his E39. Not sure which version though.

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:00 PM   #4
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
There is a HUGE difference between putting th Dynavin in your e39 with the business audio and your e39 M5.
The reason behind the complications with the M5's is the DSP and the NAV.
The Dynavin's require the non NAV brackets to be installed to support thwe unit and that is a HUGE PIA because it requires the dis-assembly of pretty much the whole dash. Further to that, the DSP will not work with the Dynavin set up and requires full re-wiring of the system, speakers and sub box.

There are 2 theads on M5 board of people who have made the change and to me it is simply not worth the effort and $$, despite the fact the Dynavin seems like a great modern unit that you would want in possibly the best M5

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:03 PM   #5
dbworld4k
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover View Post
There are 2 theads on M5 board of people who have made the change and to me it is simply not worth the effort and $$, despite the fact the Dynavin seems like a great modern unit that you would want in possibly the best M5
Agreed 100%. Moreover, I found the E46 version had a few deal breakers for me, I'd never even consider it in the M5 due to all the added headaches. Lack of playlist order and phonebook compatibility are major downfalls IMO. This is with respect to the WinCE version.

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black

Last edited by dbworld4k; 02-19-2013 at 04:54 PM.
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:16 PM   #6
GeMc
2nd Gear Member

Welcome to maX. I can get you an OEM-BMW secondary air pump for $412.00 (MSRP $515.00). Have you considered Pioneer's new AppRadio 2? Pretty amazing stuff the aftermarket is coming out with now. Basically mirrors your smartphone (iOS or Android) to your deck with a fast, smooth (Pioneer) interface. When you jailbreak the head-unit, it truly acts like your phone (without Pioneer's interface).

German Mechanics
2530 Speers Rd #5
Oakville, ON Canada
(905) 286-4362
Mon-Fri 9am - 5pm

www.GermanMechanics.ca

Last edited by GeMc; 02-19-2013 at 04:25 PM.
GeMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:24 PM   #7
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeMc View Post
Welcome to maX. I can get you an OEM-BMW secondary air pump for $412.00 (MSRP $515.00). Have you considered Pioneer's new AppRadio 2? Pretty amazing stuff the aftermarket is coming out with now. Basically mirrors your smartphone to your deck with a fast, smooth interface.
Although that looks like a great unit, I am not quite sure it would look very nice in terms of fitment. I find double din style head units and the plastic trim they require look terribly out of place inside BMW's. Perhaps with this one being wider (more rectangle), it may not look as bad as the square units.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo1tb.jpg (45.7 KB, 71 views)

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Toys
Old 02-19-2013, 04:35 PM   #8
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

You're right Terry, GeMc doesn't know what he's talking about If you could fit a clock or something beside the screen to make the bare plastic look better, it would help the finished look.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:51 PM   #9
TheMadChigga
Taiwan Panda Racing Unit.

Send a message via ICQ to TheMadChigga Send a message via AIM to TheMadChigga Send a message via MSN to TheMadChigga
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
I have the Dynavin D99 Android, I loved the unit as it does everything and the sygic navigation software is spotless, mine was a plug and play but like others said, if you have DSP system, then expect some wiring work, it's not hard but its not for the faint of heart.

On the dash part, Anuk, it wasn't bad and I have giant fingers.

Here's mine installed last summer.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:01 PM   #10
firbster
2nd Gear Member

thanks for the replys guys..i have already bought a ton of stuff for the car ,, though its in storage at a buddies until spring.. heres the list:
dynavin d99 unit, alpine mrx60 amp, rear t.v. in custom rear console, back up camera,fixed mirror, powder coated rims(guy did shit job ;( , never use re-speed inc ) good enough for this season then a set of lm's , carbon front splitter, custom sub box coming.. i have followed a couple of the builds on M5 forums but was wondering if anyone local has bit it off.. im up for it !! , the SAP error is that the heads are carboned up ,, pump is working fine..i think a evolve alpha-n is in order..have 2 years to worry about it before i need an e-test and with the number of complaints they are getting im hoping they drop it or go back to the old way..
Old 02-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #11
firbster
2nd Gear Member

hey chinga i see in your pic you have a newer key.. i want to get a new style key for mine .. how did you program it?
Old 02-20-2013, 09:48 AM   #12
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by firbster View Post
hey chinga i see in your pic you have a newer key.. i want to get a new style key for mine .. how did you program it?
Chigga has the old style key, your 2000 M5 should have the new style key.

Toys

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: