Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-13-2013, 05:18 PM   #1
daytona
6th Gear Member

Background checks for jobs

I recently needed to get my background check for a job position from the RCMP and it show nothing on the records but when I was 17 years I was charged and finger printed by metro police and was convicted and had to do some volunteer work.This happen over 25 years ago.Can a employer find out about this?...again the background check came out zero.

Last edited by daytona; 02-13-2013 at 05:44 PM.
daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:23 PM   #2
damameke
6th Gear Member

The RCMP operates the Canadian Police Information Center(CPIC) and maintains several databases: Criminal , probation .. mental.. etc etc, so your check came out clean
and the charge that happened many years ago , you might have a conditional discharge..I.E: guilty but no conviction is registered...

Once you provide the RCMP background check paper stating there is no record,, you should be fine...
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:56 PM   #3
daytona
6th Gear Member

Damameke thanks....yeah I had to get my information updated from one of those finger printing agencies I sent it in and it came back clean...thanks again...
Old 02-13-2013, 09:12 PM   #4
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Your record is sealed since you were a minor at the time. The RCMP will be able to tell something is up, because your prints are on file (they can see that its NOT because of nexus or whatever)

I passed an RCMP/CSIS background check, its not that intense, if you haven't been charged with anything as an adult you'll be fine.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:39 AM   #5
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona View Post
I recently needed to get my background check for a job position from the RCMP and it show nothing on the records but when I was 17 years I was charged and finger printed by metro police and was convicted and had to do some volunteer work.This happen over 25 years ago.Can a employer find out about this?...again the background check came out zero.
Depends on what security level you are going to get or need. level 3 top secret .. high jobs in RCMP and CSIS they will want proof of where you travelled in the last 10 years along with criminal records and such. They will even look into people you lived with and there records (could be your dad or roomate you live with)

I was cleared for level 2 for G8 summit and its not pretty. I dunno what your applying for but good luck.

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #6
daytona
6th Gear Member

its not a RCMP job more related to Metro Police...Records came from the RCMP....
Old 02-14-2013, 08:21 PM   #7
davericher20
black and blue

So what did you do if you don't mind sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:21 PM   #8
daytona
6th Gear Member

nothing really serious I blame it on weed+alcohol+and a fist into someone face....
Old 02-15-2013, 09:01 AM   #9
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona View Post
nothing really serious I blame it on weed+alcohol+and a fist into someone face....
since when does anyone get angry on weed .. its so much work .. unless someone owes you cash and your a dealer. I guess the alcohol took over.

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:42 AM   #10
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post
Depends on what security level you are going to get or need. level 3 top secret .. high jobs in RCMP and CSIS they will want proof of where you travelled in the last 10 years along with criminal records and such. They will even look into people you lived with and there records (could be your dad or roomate you live with)

I was cleared for level 2 for G8 summit and its not pretty. I dunno what your applying for but good luck.
My gf took an enhanced SC, they wanted the above mentioned. The next couple up is cosmic, which means they follow you around, your friends and family. That is the scary one. Btw, she did security clearances for companies that do contract work for the government in Canada.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:50 AM   #11
daytona
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post
since when does anyone get angry on weed .. its so much work .. unless someone owes you cash and your a dealer. I guess the alcohol took over.
weed 25 years ago was terrific compared to the crap people smoke these days.Actually I had witnesses supporting me that the person deserved it but the crown didnt care.Im glad it didnt show up on my history.....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: