Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-13-2013, 12:01 AM   #16
98bimmer
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_7 View Post
screw that, teksavvy all the way. i hate the rogers/bell cunts.

and for the mobile plan i still got my iphone and its $35 unlimited talk/text city fido plus i added $8 for caller ID so I pay $45 a month taxes in.

now that im almost done with my contract im thinking of going with chatr and save even more $
Both owned by rogers
98bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:56 PM   #17
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98bimmer View Post
Both owned by rogers
rogers does not own teksavvy

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:00 PM   #18
98bimmer
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
rogers does not own teksavvy
No, but they do own Fido and Chatr. In reference to him hating rogers/bell cunts meanwhile he is supporting them
98bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:09 PM   #19
propr'one
op sucks cock

my bad, i misunderstood.

And other than rogers hooking some of my friends up with sweet gigs, i got zero love for either of them. They do own lots of copper, though.

Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Old 02-14-2013, 09:33 AM   #20
King Luis
The King.

Send a message via MSN to King Luis
since i'm moving into a new house in a month an a half, bell just offered me a 2 year deal with fibe 50/50 175gb internet, fibe better tv package, and home phone. free for the first year and $160 for the second year which i'm going to get. will probably move to teksavvy after that.

Sold:2004 Silver Gray M3
Mods: Dice Unit, EAS Angel Eyes, Painted Reflectors, CSL Diffuser, Smoked Corners, PSS10s, 15mm Front and 10mm Rear Spacers.

Gone:1990 Brilliantrot 325is
Mods: Alpine speakers and HU, Euro Projectors, Magnaflow Muffler, Euro Smoked Tails and GC Coilovers.
King Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:54 PM   #21
chromius
6th Gear Member

I was with teksavvy for a little over a year on 28/1, and they were great, but I just switched to start communications because I needed faster upload speeds. I couldn't be happier. Amazing customer service and have their 45/4 Mbps plan for $59 and 350GB/month.

Just another one to think about for anyone looking for alternatives.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:16 PM   #22
Blades
Your opinion is to long

I was with teksavvy till bell offered me a great deal on there fiber but that was only good for 1 year. I called around for pricing and teksavvy cant beat rogers when it comes to bundled services so ...

if anyone wants to buy a teksavvy cable modem .. half price

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:37 PM   #23
propr'one
op sucks cock

^^you have FTTH? where in btown do you live?

I just signed up for bell, got:
Home phone
-local loop (basic tel line)
-caller ID
-call waiting
-visual call waiting
-unlimited north american long distance (25$ month)

Internet:
-Fibe 25 down 10 up
-unlimited (10$)
-99.99$ credit on modem purchase

Fibe TV - 243 channel (better) package
-HD PVR (free rental for 5 years)
-2 additional receivers (7$/mo each)

Installation credit 249.99$ (free)

The total monthly cost is 189$ after 3 months free tv (119/mo). This isn't the most amazing deal in the world, but my parents really wanted to stick with bell, so i'm happy with it. The first month i had my VDSL2+ line in AB i moved like 1.5TB through wan, i'll report back with the first month here in t.

The TV is under contract for 1 year, nothing else has any commitment.

Last edited by propr'one; 02-20-2013 at 04:41 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #24
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
^^you have FTTH? where in btown do you live?

I just signed up for bell, got:
Home phone
-local loop (basic tel line)
-caller ID
-call waiting
-visual call waiting
-unlimited north american long distance (25$ month)

Internet:
-Fibe 25 down 10 up
-unlimited (10$)
-99.99$ credit on modem purchase

Fibe TV - 243 channel (better) package
-HD PVR (free rental for 5 years)
-2 additional receivers (7$/mo each)

Installation credit 249.99$ (free)

The total monthly cost is 189$ after 3 months free tv (119/mo). This isn't the most amazing deal in the world, but my parents really wanted to stick with bell, so i'm happy with it. The first month i had my VDSL2+ line in AB i moved like 1.5TB through wan, i'll report back with the first month here in t.

The TV is under contract for 1 year, nothing else has any commitment.
I live in Kennedy and Major William Sharp area but I'm moving to Mississauga in the next month.

bell called me a year ago and offered fiber 25 for $36/m as a promotion deal but after 1 year the promotion is off and they couldnt offer any other deal so they raised me to $83/m which sucks .. so I switched now.

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Old 02-24-2013, 04:16 PM   #25
propr'one
op sucks cock

we got it installed this morning, so far so good

Old 02-25-2013, 09:21 AM   #26
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Everyone remember if you want to end with someone you need to give them one month notice (bullshit ) even if there is no contract.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:31 AM   #27
cormier
6th Gear Member

How's the Fibe working out? We're fed up with Rogers too and their unlimited plan is like $250, were paying more than you are for like 80gb now.

cormier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:29 AM   #28
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Excellent thread, moving in a month or so and wanted to get rid of my rogers internet because I constantly go over the 60GB cap and pay extra.
Since we won't pay for cable anymore in the newplace, we will probably end up streaming and downloading a lot so more GB per month is mandatory.
Will call teksavvy and see what they say.

Anyone with experience in the bathurst/steeles area that can confirm if teksavvy is the way to go?

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual-Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;Spacers;Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:51 AM   #29
ChrisTO
∞ Gear Member

i'm further up the road at bathurst and hwy 7. I hit the Rogers POI at their Rhill newkirk location. not sure if you are on the same node or not.

I will say it's not fast at night...when i first joined I had no speed degradation at all! in fact i would get over 28MBit/sec...closer to 35 consistently. Now it's degraded so that I can't even stream 720p consistently and sometimes drops to under 5Mb/sec speeds. typically between 7 to 11pm it's very slow. rest of time it's fine.

Rogers has asked the third party internet providers to move to the aggregated POI. CRTC also supported this by forcing if the third party internet providers want speed matching between the tier 1 and the resellers they have to move to aggregated POI.

So for now Rogers doesn't have to provide speed matching on any speed bumps. recently my area got bumped to the 35/3 speed on Rogers extreme but we don't get that on Teksavvy till they move over to aggregated POI which is probably sometime this summer or later.

It's not a slam against Tek as they have to play by the rules set forth by the cartel of CRTC. I suspect their Newkirk location is out of bandwidth (like many other locations) for Teksavvy and they won't make the additional investment since they plan to move to aggregated POI which i think is down at the Rogers York Mills location.

now having said all that i won't go back to Rogers/Bell. i have cut the cord and no longer subscribe to any TV subscriptions except for Netflix/Hulu+/Vudu and a certain US DNS provider. I have been asking for the internet/cable discounts for years with rogers and i just find it too much of a hassle. So with the US streaming content I don't need TV service anymore and cancelled them and moved to Teksavvy to get the additional data / month. we were sucking up easy 90-100GB/month.

Last edited by ChrisTO; 02-27-2013 at 09:55 AM.
ChrisTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:58 AM   #30
ChrisTO
∞ Gear Member

and this was my one time crazy speed using Teksavvy...never to be duplicated again. yet i'm ahead of 74% of canadians for internet speed.

http://speedtest.net/result/2439503041.png

my speed right now...while online doing a desktop share via VPN and VOIP.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2538400160.png

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: