Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > BMW Cars For Sale
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-11-2013, 09:11 PM   #16
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustashio View Post
This is why I love car communities. So it's definitely a japanese car and not a european one then?
AFAIK, JDM cars are Euro cars. The only real change tends to be the radio due to their different frequency.

I am flat out angry I missed this car. It would have made a perfect daily driver/winter car to replace the Volvo we have now.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual-1 of 1 - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'04 Volvo S60R/6spd.:Nautical Blue/Gobi&Black
'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:. 1 of 8 SOLD
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:17 PM   #17
Mark_Mal
1st Gear Newbie

Thanks for your posts everyone! Indeed it is the car that was on Kijiji for $2000.00 and I was lucky enough to scoop it up at that price! Knowing what it needs in labour and $ invested to certify I don't think a $6000.00 OBO asking price is a unreasonable for a healthy IX with no rust on the body. By all means if you can save and do the work yourself shoot me an offer.

For safety:
Break Pads and Rotors all around
Right side front lower ball joint
Right side sway bar link
Right side outer tie rod
Mark_Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:34 PM   #18
Mark_Mal
1st Gear Newbie

Had a chance to clean it out over the weekend and snapped some pics today when the sun was out

Old 02-11-2013, 09:36 PM   #19
Mark_Mal
1st Gear Newbie

Yes the radio was definitey sawapped with a Japanese deck due to frequency. It does have an ipod connection however

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover View Post
AFAIK, JDM cars are Euro cars. The only real change tends to be the radio due to their different frequency.

I am flat out angry I missed this car. It would have made a perfect daily driver/winter car to replace the Volvo we have now.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:43 PM   #20
Seyar
4th Gear Member

How come your selling it so fast if you just baught it? Is it just because you can flip it and make 3x what you paid for it or is there something really wrong with the car?

INTERLAGOS E36
Seyar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:03 PM   #21
Mark_Mal
1st Gear Newbie

I bought it with the intent to sell. The car is fantastic but needs work to certify so my price reflects that so making 3x is hardly the case Seyar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyar View Post
How come your selling it so fast if you just baught it? Is it just because you can flip it and make 3x what you paid for it or is there something really wrong with the car?
Old 02-11-2013, 10:47 PM   #22
Shock(/\)ave
3rd Gear Member

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Mal View Post
I bought it with the intent to sell. The car is fantastic but needs work to certify so my price reflects that so making 3x is hardly the case Seyar
Have you replaced the pads and rotors and fixed the suspension for the new asking price?

If I bought it I would have fixed it up, enjoyed it for several months, then made the decision to sell it on or install a manual transmission in it. There aren't many E30s in Canada (or anywhere really) in this condition, so when a good one pops up you really need to pounce on it.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:38 PM   #23
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

This thread needs some moderation, nothing wrong with buying a car at a deal to make some money, majority of people would do this.

The current asking price is still a deal for this car in this condition.
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:43 PM   #24
Mark_Mal
1st Gear Newbie

I haven't done the work yet as it depends on who buys the car. I know a lot of guys on this forum are capable of doing the work themselves and could buy it for a lot less and save so I wanted to leave that option open. Im happy to get the work done to it, but I have to pay full pop for labour etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock(/\)ave View Post
Have you replaced the pads and rotors and fixed the suspension for the new asking price?

If I bought it I would have fixed it up, enjoyed it for several months, then made the decision to sell it on or install a manual transmission in it. There aren't many E30s in Canada (or anywhere really) in this condition, so when a good one pops up you really need to pounce on it.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:48 AM   #25
Crustashio
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
This thread needs some moderation, nothing wrong with buying a car at a deal to make some money, majority of people would do this.

The current asking price is still a deal for this car in this condition.
Can't fault him for wanting to make money. If I lived in ON I'd be at his door today with cash, truly rust free e30s don't often come up for sale.
Crustashio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:39 PM   #26
bokan
2nd Gear Member

Went to see it today , great car but it also need front shocks and pait is a a bit faded
bokan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:42 PM   #27
Quickid
3rd Gear Member

Does the engine sound good? Any oil leaks?
Quickid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:43 AM   #28
Mark_Mal
1st Gear Newbie

Sold
Old 02-21-2013, 09:15 AM   #29
3x Beemer
4th Gear Member

Do all the negative people here complain and ask a car dealer what he paid? how much he made on it? Get real people.
I dread the thought of one of you buying a house that has appreciated.
Do you expect him to sell it for less than the market dictates?
3x Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:58 AM   #30
shugalou
2nd Gear Member

everyone's just pissed that they missed out on the deal...Nice find and good flip
shugalou is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: