Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-04-2013, 07:25 PM   #46
starbuck
2nd Gear Member

I would say at least a year behind and nothing super impressive to wow people.. Should have been a something that would set it apart from the rest, especially considering this is their new flagship model on which they are placing all hopes of re-ignition in their business to consumer line

Instead they released something that isn't bad, but isn't great either . They needed to put more into this phone rather than a simple catchup strategy
starbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:37 PM   #47
sirex
King Sirex

lol and they have that loser thornstien introduce the phone, like he is steve jobs or something.

what a tool bag.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:02 AM   #48
damameke
6th Gear Member

1 year or 2 year behind thats based on individual opinions, I bet those BB developers would disagree with most assumptions. companoes stole ideas all the time so BB is not different...

Based on UK release, it is selling well, (no long line up like APPL and BB never generates those kind of long line up opening anyway), Dubai is selling well.. Roger's tracking: 50% of preorder are those that never owns a smartphone....so thats additional sales

Share price up $1.98(BB - $14.99) yesterday.. morning pre market up 58 cents (BBRY - $15.51), gaining abit of traction.. these are the numbers that I am interested in..and it will go up more...
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:38 AM   #49
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

great LOCAL company that should be supported instead of shitting all over them.
The phone looks good

but its cool to hate them now (and in the last while)

all this froth over such a stupid stupid market. shit that does the same as the last thing with very minor updates.

Last edited by SiR; 02-05-2013 at 09:41 AM.
SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #50
1bmw1
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post
great LOCAL company that should be supported instead of shitting all over them.
The phone looks good
My thoughts exactly. It's a great looking phone with plenty of potential. We should try to support our own for once. I guess sheep will always be sheep.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:48 AM   #51
starbuck
2nd Gear Member

Well supporting a local company would be nice if they were innovative. But I see nothing innovative about it.. I'm sure it's a solid phone and functions well, but why would I buy the new blackberry when my iPhone integrates or interfaces with my car deck, clock radio, Apple TV, AirPlay etc. As much as you feel the burden on the Canadian public to support RIM, I also feel that RIM has the burden to make their brand something that Canadians can be proud of. And that means INNOVATION which is the key thing missing in this launch

Regarding the sheep comment, don't you think that's a bit hypocritical considering the suggestion is to support RIM because they are local rather than because they have successfully revitalized their brand ??
Old 02-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #52
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quick question for you phone people.

I currently have a S3 and would like to jump into a BB Z10. I want to sell the S3 and purchase a new Z10, how does that work with the plans ect. It uses the same SIM card and the plans don't need to be changed at all (no need for a BB Plan). Can't I just sell the S3 and buy the new Z10 and plug everything into the Z10 without even telling Rogers and go about my business? My gf is under the impression I have to spend like $1000 to buy out my S3 and then buy a Z10.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:25 PM   #53
starbuck
2nd Gear Member

You should be able to do what you are proposing without any issue
Old 02-05-2013, 09:55 PM   #54
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bmw1 View Post
My thoughts exactly. It's a great looking phone with plenty of potential. We should try to support our own for once. I guess sheep will always be sheep.
Why should I like RIM? Because that fat ass Basille didn't do anything with the company all those years?

It's sad because Canadian companies are just notorious for doing nothing. Nothing innovative. They just grow into these huge dinosaurs, balooned with crappy employees and shitty managers and eventually they just pop.

Nortel, RIM, Canadian tire, futureshop, etc, etc.

the only sectors we seem capable of running efficiently are financials and oil/gas and logging and I say that loosely as our financial industry is about to come crashing down with CMHC at the helm.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:54 PM   #55
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

because an Iphone thats 0.2" bigger is so innovative. shits been the same since the 3gs and all the tools froth over it each minuscule step. lining up over night. idiots

were talking about a silly segment thats so massively over hyped for shit that all does the same thing. the new phone is most certainly up to par and has some different features in its os(big plus not made in china suicide shops). its a bigger change than anyone else has had over their own past brothers. theres no reason not to support it(besides some glaring problem that hasnt been seen yet). but like i said. Its "cool" to hate blackberry.

pure stupidness.

Last edited by SiR; 02-07-2013 at 11:57 PM.
SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:59 AM   #56
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member

^^^

well, i phone 5 has 4G LTE abilities that the others dont. It also has a faster processor, lighter in weight then the others...doesn't sound the same to me?

I wonder how the blackberry is...my brother is waiting for his in the post and his review shall determine i return to the blackberry world and put my Iphone 5 up for sale!!
Old 02-08-2013, 07:56 AM   #57
daytona
6th Gear Member

Its not cool to hate Blackberry it that their newest phone took BB a different direction and those hardcore crackberry users are falling all over themselves to get it and try to convince Android users and Apples users they phone is innovative..Please they can play tricks with the keyboard so it can "learn" users keystokes.Im just waiting for Samsung to release their newest touchscreen with faster processor plus thinner body.Why do you think Apple is trying to rush through patent lawsuits against Samsung this year they know Samsung products are pulling away from Apple in form and function and their iPhone was a disaster not in sales but in any new upgrades.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:06 AM   #58
damameke
6th Gear Member

It is not unusual to compare products among brand,especially in the smartphone market and it is more prevalent now because BB just launched the Z10 so there is always some bashig here and there more so with BB, and remember "RIM" is supposed to be bankrupt a while ago?

In BMW cars with the 3 series GT, some are complaining about the design.. .BMW 3 series cars are better than Audi or Lexus I series.. so on and so forth..so you see, we are complainers and hard to please.. just becuase we have so much time on our hand and a Maxbimmer forum to waste it on...lol...

APPL fan will always be APPL fan so is Andriod.. and if one is open minded, one should check out the Z10 even tho they prefer to stick to their brand, and it is practically ok.

I dont know what your definition of Innovation is? Bb10 is a complete new OS based on the QNX platform and its theirs to license in the future if BB wants to go in that direction,so no patent lawsuit here...

The selling point of the Z10 based on the launch is:Hub, Balance(Enterprise users), Peek, no other OS has these features.

BBM Video - APPL has Facetime but BBM video has screen sharing, BBM Video uses little data for it is compressed...timeshift photography and history maker, these to me are good features..

As an investor in BB, of course, I like the sales to be better but I am willing to wait for the next few quarters, and after the dust settles, I think BB will come up with something with their Playbook...
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:38 PM   #59
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Used the phone for a bit. I must say, the keyboard is by FAR the best innovation about BB ever. So easy to use and I make no mistakes while typing fast. I can type faster with less mistakes then my S3 right now. It also has some cool features. I'll be buying ASAP once my S3 is sold.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:21 AM   #60
ScotcH
6th Gear Member

I'm going to hold out for a physical keyboard one ... and they ****ing better come out with a slider, not some half-screen bullshit.

I don't understand people's desire for a lighter thinner device. When I hold my wife's S2, I feel like it's going to snap in my hand. My torch on the other hand feels like a solid brick that can be run over with the car ... much prefer that feeling.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: