Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-22-2013, 12:19 AM   #61
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamE30e View Post
You sound like my brother. It's a solid car, it just currently has all the DSM woes. I have to take the pedal assembly out and rebuild/weld it. And I have to put a clutch and transmission in it. I have all the parts I'm just busy at work.

It was super cheap, and theres no rust. It has a $600 chip/speed density setup in it, bigger turbo, full exhaust, in dash blah blah blah.
I don't doubt that it's solid, just giving you a hard time dude lol.
You going to bring it out to auto-x?
Old 01-22-2013, 12:20 AM   #62
Yamahammer
Warlock of the century

Quote:
It has a 6 bolt (7 bolts get crank walk, it's because of higher clamping force clutches)
Yamahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:53 PM   #63
SamE30e
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
This is the BMW E30 section right??

Think you got lost to www.myjdmdodge.com.

JDM Chrysler... But apples and oranges..

The question was 'what's your winter project?' Not 'what's you E30 winter project'

And why are you here then?
02 325i Sedan
SamE30e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:50 PM   #64
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
JDM Chrysler... But apples and oranges..

The question was 'what's your winter project?' Not 'what's you E30 winter project'

And why are you here then?
Why am I posting in the e30 section, read the first page of the thread, now read again, first page of the thread in the e30 section, hmmm, well looks like I have an e30 project on the go, which means I posted about my e30 in the e30 section on a BMW forum page.

I don't post all over this BMW Fourm about my truck or caddy, cause they are not bmws, and people don't come here to hear about non BMW projects.
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:54 PM   #65
cormier
6th Gear Member

Congrats on the Talon Sam, my buddy had one and loved it

cormier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:49 AM   #66
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
people don't come here to hear about non BMW projects.
I don't come here expecting to hear about non-BMW projects...but if I do I don't care if it's a cool project. No need to get your panties in a bunch guys
Old 01-23-2013, 12:15 PM   #67
cormier
6th Gear Member

Lol I think Rich's first post was joking lets all take it in stride

I like seeing what previous e30 owners have moved on to. And AWD drag cars are so left field from e30s that its almost a welcome relief :p

cormier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:42 PM   #68
SamE30e
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Why am I posting in the e30 section, read the first page of the thread, now read again, first page of the thread in the e30 section, hmmm, well looks like I have an e30 project on the go, which means I posted about my e30 in the e30 section on a BMW forum page.

I don't post all over this BMW Fourm about my truck or caddy, cause they are not bmws, and people don't come here to hear about non BMW projects.

Ok, well if we want to talk about working on BMW's I'm pretty sure I have you beat in that area in every aspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cormier View Post

I like seeing what previous e30 owners have moved on to. And AWD drag cars are so left field from e30s that its almost a welcome relief :p
It's not going to be a drag car. But it will be my toy meant for straight line schlackings.

I want to see what I can make on a stock engine. It put down almost 300whp and 320ftlb on it's current set up. I'm going to put a set of cam's in, that should yield close to 30whp. Along with a bunch of other little things I have in mind and want to experiment, my goal is 350whp. Which should be good for low 12's high 11's.

It's on a ECM link V3 (A fancy chip that performs magical things and powers 9 second drag cars on a stock ecu) with a speed density conversion, that alone is worth half of what I paid for the car.

I should post pictures of my EJ207 swapped WRX.
02 325i Sedan

Last edited by SamE30e; 01-23-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:26 PM   #69
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
It's on a ECM link V3 with a speed density conversion, that alone is worth half of what I paid for the car.
If you didn't happen to have the ECM link would you opt to go with a DIYPNP MS kit? They sell one for that motor for less than the ECM link and it'd give you a bunch of useful tools like on board boost control, launch control, flat shift, table switching on the fly etc...

Quote:
EJ207
#becauserallycar
Old 01-25-2013, 09:48 AM   #70
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

I seriously can't believe your have to be better online attitude sometimes, I hope to hell you spend more time working on bmws if your an apprentice at at dealer(not sure if you got your liesence yet) so ya your spending 40hrs a week working on them to make money.

But that has nothing to do with this thread

Wish you could take a joke, if I hurt your feeling I'm sorry, I understand as a young tech wanting to build and learn about all different cars and platforms to build knowledge, that's parts of the job, and I did it back in my early
20's when I was doing my hours. I changed paths but still spend a lot of time wrenching and helping others with their car, and love the e30's, sorry but when I come to the e30 section I do expect to be able to read about them, not other cars, free time to enjoy a passion is limited as a new father, when I want to read about non BMW cars I don't log onto a BMW site.

Quote:
Ok, well if we want to talk about working on BMW's I'm pretty sure I have you beat in that area in every aspect.

It's not going to be a drag car. But it will be my toy meant for straight line schlackings.

I want to see what I can make on a stock engine. It put down almost 300whp and 320ftlb on it's current set up. I'm going to put a set of cam's in, that should yield close to 30whp. Along with a bunch of other little things I have in mind and want to experiment, my goal is 350whp. Which should be good for low 12's high 11's.

It's on a ECM link V3 (A fancy chip that performs magical things and powers 9 second drag cars on a stock ecu) with a speed density conversion, that alone is worth half of what I paid for the car.

I should post pictures of my EJ207 swapped WRX.
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:08 PM   #71
SamE30e
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cormier View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
If you didn't happen to have the ECM link would you opt to go with a DIYPNP MS kit? They sell one for that motor for less than the ECM link and it'd give you a bunch of useful tools like on board boost control, launch control, flat shift, table switching on the fly etc...

#becauserallycar
I'm not sure. I've always wanted to do an MS setup. But tuneable chips are so much easier. Cold starting is never an issue, and you always have a base tune that works.

Quote:
I seriously can't believe your have to be better online attitude sometimes, I hope to hell you spend more time working on bmws if your an apprentice at at dealer(not sure if you got your liesence yet) so ya your spending 40hrs a week working on them to make money.

But that has nothing to do with this thread

Wish you could take a joke, if I hurt your feeling I'm sorry, I understand as a young tech wanting to build and learn about all different cars and platforms to build knowledge, that's parts of the job, and I did it back in my early
20's when I was doing my hours. I changed paths but still spend a lot of time wrenching and helping others with their car, and love the e30's, sorry but when I come to the e30 section I do expect to be able to read about them, not other cars, free time to enjoy a passion is limited as a new father, when I want to read about non BMW cars I don't log onto a BMW site.

I'm never serious....

I'm sorry I polluted your E30 thread...

I helped someone with a M30 swap at work.
02 325i Sedan
Old 01-25-2013, 09:10 PM   #72
Yamahammer
Warlock of the century

WTF are you two arguing about?

calm down and post some pics of your builds!
Yamahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:05 PM   #73
BMe30
all by chance...

Speaking of tunable chips... Or tunable factory ecu...
Im using tunerpro rt with the ostrich 2.0 hardware into the stock ecu. Pretty much gives you the same as a standalone. Only drawback is that you still have to use the afm. But for $350, thats not all that bad.

Gone but not forgotten
BMe30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:06 AM   #74
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
I'm not sure. I've always wanted to do an MS setup. But tuneable chips are so much easier. Cold starting is never an issue, and you always have a base tune that works.
Tuning cold start isn't too bad. The first day it was really cold I had to try starting 4 times before the car would stay running. The next day I increased the priming pulse-width and cranking pulse-width a bit and it only took two trys starting. The next day I tweaked it a bit more and now it fires up normally. Having a solid base tune is nice, but if there's enough guys out there who have already gone standalone, it's usually not hard to get your hands on a good base tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahammer View Post
calm down and post some pics of your builds!
Yeah Joe... post some pics of your build! haha

Last edited by Bullet Ride; 01-26-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Bullet Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:59 PM   #75
Ryan1212
Some sort of something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
Yeah Joe... post some pics of your build! haha
+1

Btw, how did those shocks work out for ya?
Ryan1212 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: