Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 09:37 AM   #31
King Luis
The King.
 
King Luis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Milton
Posts: 7,383
Send a message via MSN to King Luis


Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW BMXer View Post
To go on the flip side Spence made myself and my wife feel terrible. Talking down to us with a tone that was basically implying we were too young and unprepared to get married.

Admittedly I didn't know much about rings but when I went and saw Deep he explained to me what I needed to know and didn't make me feel ill-prepared for the decision I was going to make.

He also helped me pick a design that maximized the budget range I was in. All around great experience.
i can say the same about spence, i went to the square one location and there was a younger guy that was talking to me (i was look around at the time), he was asking me a bunch of questions (personal type) then asking if i was sure about it, etc. went to the vaughn location and guy was really nice and helpful.
should have talked to deep if i knew. i still got a good deal, close to what he posted above.

Last edited by King Luis; 01-21-2013 at 12:29 PM.
King Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:27 PM   #32
Kal
maxRealtor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 3,756
Send a message via MSN to Kal
+434 for Deep

lol @ empowered.. you know, if you are mature enough to get married, you should at this point have enough life experience to know that sometimes its worth paying a little extra for expertise. I'm not saying you will be doing that with Deep, but as Empowered suggested to cut one more guy out doesn't necessarily mean its a good thing. I can vouch for Deep, as well as 3 of my other friends who have bought rings off of him. Even if I could have saved a few hundred by cutting him out, it would have not been worth it, trust me! And again, I'm not even saying you will be saving money by doing that. His prices are more then fair, plus he will go the little extra distance for his maxbimmer club
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:29 PM   #33
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member
 
Deep 3.2TL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Milton
Posts: 3,230
Thanks Kal and others who've vouched for me - I appreciate the vote of confidence!
__________________

2007 Z4 3.0si
Deep 3.2TL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:17 PM   #34
1bmw1
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: GTA
Posts: 676
Everyone should just relax. I understand that everyone wants more for less, but in all honesty, get a ring from where you feel is a legit place and stick to your budget. Don't focus on specs too much. Trust me, no one will care about specs once it's on her finger. If it looks nice to you, it will look nice to her. $2000 or 20,000, she will love it, TRUST ME!!
__________________
BMW...Now you're playing with power.
1bmw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:20 PM   #35
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member
 
Deep 3.2TL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Milton
Posts: 3,230
Uhh - You have to focus on specs a little!! :-)

I agree though, that once you pass a certain minimum spec, it makes little to no visual difference. It's knowing what those minimums should be that is the key. You don't want to give her something that she find's the flaw in. Once she see's where the flaw is, her eye will always see it, it will even appear to grow to her!! Trust me on that one - I've seen it before...
__________________

2007 Z4 3.0si
Deep 3.2TL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:45 PM   #36
1bmw1
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: GTA
Posts: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep 3.2TL View Post
Uhh - You have to focus on specs a little!! :-)

I agree though, that once you pass a certain minimum spec, it makes little to no visual difference. It's knowing what those minimums should be that is the key. You don't want to give her something that she find's the flaw in. Once she see's where the flaw is, her eye will always see it, it will even appear to grow to her!! Trust me on that one - I've seen it before...
Deep, i suppose you're right on some specs making a difference such as color and clarity. You will definitely notice a difference if you compare a diamond from one end of the spectrum to the complete other end, ie: Color D compared to a V, but not so much if you're comparing them in one end OR the other, OR somewhere in between.

I guess what i'm trying to say is that if the couple is in love and is preparing for marriage or engagement, then some imperfections on the ring (if there's any) don't need to be hidden from her. Most women won't care. They will be thrilled about the engagement and the meaning of it rather than just recieving a ring. She will not be happy for recieving the ring, she will be happy for getting engaged.

Just want some of you guys to relax if you think you need the best of the best, cuz you honestly don't. Get what fits your budget and what looks nice to you.
__________________
BMW...Now you're playing with power.
1bmw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:06 PM   #37
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member
 
Deep 3.2TL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Milton
Posts: 3,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bmw1 View Post
Deep, i suppose you're right on some specs making a difference such as color and clarity. You will definitely notice a difference if you compare a diamond from one end of the spectrum to the complete other end, ie: Color D compared to a V, but not so much if you're comparing them in one end OR the other, OR somewhere in between.

I guess what i'm trying to say is that if the couple is in love and is preparing for marriage or engagement, then some imperfections on the ring (if there's any) don't need to be hidden from her. Most women won't care. They will be thrilled about the engagement and the meaning of it rather than just recieving a ring. She will not be happy for recieving the ring, she will be happy for getting engaged.

Just want some of you guys to relax if you think you need the best of the best, cuz you honestly don't. Get what fits your budget and what looks nice to you.
Anything from D to G/H will be clean and white - I and below, you will see the difference, especially when placed on a white metal like white gold or platinum.

As far as imperfections - SI1 and above in a round will pretty much guarantee that you will never see the flaw. SI2 is ok in some cases, depends on where the flaw resides. Lower will result in something, which by definition, the naked eye can see. In a princess, you want to stick to VS2 and above for solid eye clean specs. SI1 in a princess can be ok too, but all depending on where the flaw is.

You don't have to break your budget to get something nice and clean. Put it this way - if you're budget allows for a 1 carat stone that's dirty or a 0.75 stone that's clean, go with the 0.75CT stone that's clean...
__________________

2007 Z4 3.0si
Deep 3.2TL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:12 PM   #38
sirex
King Sirex
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Luis View Post
i can say the same about spence, i went to the square one location and there was a younger guy that was talking to me (i was look around at the time), he was asking me a bunch of questions (personal type) then asking if i was sure about it, etc. went to the vaughn location and guy was really nice and helpful.
should have talked to deep if i knew. i still got a good deal, close to what he posted above.
lol maybe their add compaign worked too well... That is, too many youngins going there, buying a ring, and then coming back trying to return it, and complaining/etc, etc.
__________________
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:58 AM   #39
King Luis
The King.
 
King Luis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Milton
Posts: 7,383
Send a message via MSN to King Luis
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
lol maybe their add compaign worked too well... That is, too many youngins going there, buying a ring, and then coming back trying to return it, and complaining/etc, etc.
that is possible as well. but needing her name, how i will ask her, how much i make a year, etc are not questions to be asking. he doesn't need to know that. i knew what i wanted and just i wanted pricing info only. i even told him i wasn't buying that day.
King Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:33 AM   #40
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member
 
Deep 3.2TL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Milton
Posts: 3,230
You never assume... Appearances can be deceiving. Just because someone looks a certain way, doesn't mean they are X or Y or Z...
__________________

2007 Z4 3.0si
Deep 3.2TL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:30 AM   #41
davericher20
black and blue
 
davericher20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 2 storey 3 bedroom 1 car garage
Posts: 3,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bmw1 View Post

I guess what i'm trying to say is that if the couple is in love and is preparing for marriage or engagement, then some imperfections on the ring (if there's any) don't need to be hidden from her. Most women won't care. They will be thrilled about the engagement and the meaning of it rather than just recieving a ring. She will not be happy for recieving the ring, she will be happy for getting engaged.
Lol.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:19 PM   #42
1bmw1
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: GTA
Posts: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by davericher20 View Post
Lol.
lol, ya ya ya, i know it sounds fruity, but it's TRUE dude!
__________________
BMW...Now you're playing with power.
1bmw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #43
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.
 
BMW BMXer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 7,761
Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Luis View Post
i can say the same about spence, i went to the square one location
Same one, could be just that location. Doesn't matter now anyway
__________________

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:11 PM   #44
jeremy
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bmw1 View Post
lol, ya ya ya, i know it sounds fruity, but it's TRUE dude!
Every Woman, no matter what they tell you, will want a beautiful ring.

If she says she just wants a gold band, then fine, get her that.

If she wants a diamond ring to SIGNIFY your eternal bond, do not cheap out.

I want the best for the Woman I consider to be the best.

Just my 2 cents.
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:13 PM   #45
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy
 
bmwm5lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Thornhill
Posts: 15,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
Every Woman, no matter what they tell you, will want a beautiful ring.

If she says she just wants a gold band, then fine, get her that.

If she wants a diamond ring to SIGNIFY your eternal bond, do not cheap out.

I want the best for the Woman I consider to be the best.

Just my 2 cents.
Awesome! was she reading over your shoulder?
__________________
www.enthusiastauto.caNeed a car???

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual- Modded
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'91 BMW 850i J Spec Modded
'88 BMW 635CSi Lowered
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig WILD RIDE
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015