Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > BMW Cars For Sale
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-18-2013, 01:44 AM   #16
ViSoR
2nd Gear Member

Damn that's not what I read on forums..actually people are quite split 50/50 on the E90/92 M3 vs E46 M3 debate.

Maybe I will test drive one!
ViSoR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:19 PM   #17
arek
3rd Gear Member

I drove an e92 m3.. and have owned an e46 m3. I prefer the look of the e92, but the drive of the e46.

Essentially, the E46 m3 in a straight line acceleration will start to fall back at speeds above 130km/h.. the 0-100 are very similiar.. also, the v8 has horrible gas mileage. Its not a day and night difference.
arek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:29 PM   #18
eljay
2nd Gear Member

Maintenance on an M3 is NOT cheap and this one has everything done! Even the cooling system, which could have been done later, but gives the next owner a piece of mind and a car to just jump into and drive for quite a while before the next big bill arrive.
So, I'd say that's a good price for a knowledgeable buyer who looks behind just the headline numbers of model year and mileage.

Good luck with the sale!

But I will add another seed of doubt to your decision, I'm afraid. I've never driven an E92, but I bought my E46 M3 from a previous owner who switched to E92 M3. He told me that whenever I decide to sell the M3, he wants to buy it back.
eljay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #19
ViSoR
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljay View Post
Maintenance on an M3 is NOT cheap and this one has everything done! Even the cooling system, which could have been done later, but gives the next owner a piece of mind and a car to just jump into and drive for quite a while before the next big bill arrive.
So, I'd say that's a good price for a knowledgeable buyer who looks behind just the headline numbers of model year and mileage.

Good luck with the sale!

But I will add another seed of doubt to your decision, I'm afraid. I've never driven an E92, but I bought my E46 M3 from a previous owner who switched to E92 M3. He told me that whenever I decide to sell the M3, he wants to buy it back.
Thanks man! I did so much preventive maintenance to have a peace of mind with the car.

I've had time to think about it and also the lack of offers in this very bad time of year to sell and I'll keep it.

lol at the last part! It's not the first time I hear that! I'll keep my E46 until I can jump to Porsche then! Haha

I didn't think about gas mileage, I'm sure it's pretty bad. I love the sound of the V8!!

A friend was trying to convince me to swap an S65 in my M3!
ViSoR is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: