Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-17-2013, 12:45 AM   #16
starbuck
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post
4 years ..
No, it's 3 years from conviction date regardless of when ticket was issued.
starbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:58 AM   #17
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
http://www.ontario.ca/driving-and-ro...demerit-points

website says 2 but I guess I was thinking about the insurance company .. and from my understand each one is different on how long they hold it against you (may it be a ticket or an accident)

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:36 AM   #18
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

As Ivan said, you already confessed to the crime by admitting you were doing 20 over (not smart). He had nothing on you until you said that.

Do as some here said and follow roadwarriors (request disclosure, file a court date, wait as neither come on time, play your cards right in response, etc). You have a good chance of getting off completely if you educate yourself well and go in knowing how to play the game.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:49 PM   #19
dbworld4k
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
My insurance company (TD) told me it was 3yrs from date of issue, not conviction. :S

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:59 PM   #20
starbuck
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post
http://www.ontario.ca/driving-and-ro...demerit-points

website says 2 but I guess I was thinking about the insurance company .. and from my understand each one is different on how long they hold it against you (may it be a ticket or an accident)
Your MTO link is specifically saying 2 years in regards to demerit points only

Demerit points again is different than conviction record. If you call the MTO you will get the following info.

Demerit points come off after 2 years, conviction is removed from your drivers abstract after 3 years from conviction date. Your insurance company can request a copy of your drivers abstract

http://www.insurancehotline.com/ticket-trauma/

I have been through this MANY times
starbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:07 PM   #21
dcramer
5th Gear Member

fight the ticket, either in person or hire someone to do it for you.
Follow the links and figure out how to get disclosure.

Then spend what you saved on track days so you don't feel the urge to speed on the highway.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:27 PM   #22
ChrisTO
∞ Gear Member

correct..from date of ticket issue...which is another benefit to fighting it.

by the time the court date shows up you already burned through at least 6 months worth of the 3 years. it doesn't show up on your abstract until the courts say guilty.

so for the time being your ticket is just that...not a conviction.

however - police records will keep your tickets on file forever! not for 3 years. since day one of your record. you think an officer will give someone a break that has a string of tickets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
My insurance company (TD) told me it was 3yrs from date of issue, not conviction. :S
Old 01-19-2013, 11:33 AM   #23
Vinoth
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTO View Post
correct..from date of ticket issue...which is another benefit to fighting it.
As a previous poster said, this is not right. The 3 years clock starts from the date of conviction.

You are right however that it will not show up on the driver abstract until you are convicted, but unfortunately thats when your 3 year clock starts.

Last edited by Vinoth; 01-19-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Vinoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:38 PM   #24
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
So you confessed to doing 20 over. That was pretty stupid, and is going to be very hard to beat in court. Hope that he doesn't show.

Remember: Demerit points dont matter unless you're losing your licence. Fines for speeding are small. You're fighting to keep your insurance cheap. Admitting guilt to an officer is NEVER the right thing to do, especially when he admitted to you he had no idea how fast you were going. (Officers cannot "guess" your speed based on how fast they were going to catch you, that will never stand up in court.)
Bingo. Need solid proof. Never EVER admit guilt. Also fight it! Hire someone if you can't handle it, its worth it
Old 01-20-2013, 03:42 PM   #25
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
Its definitely conviction, glad those days are behind me.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:06 PM   #26
3x Beemer
4th Gear Member

Touching on a simmilar subject.. I recieved a failure to stop for red light as I went through the light in the pouring rain and T-boned a civic in my work van... I requested a court date. (feb 20)

the officer listed 2 people in my vehicle however I was the only one in it... I heard that any mistake on the ticket gets the ticket thrown out?

My friend had his street spelled wrong on a speeding ticket and it was thrown out... will I get that lucky? how will I prove I was the only person in my vehicle..

I was at fault and did indeed slide into the intersection(braked way too late)...can I blame the weather and unfammiliar vehicle and hope for a lesser charge?
3x Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:08 PM   #27
dcramer
5th Gear Member

unlikely but you need to look it up. Whatever you do don't ask the prosecutor. They can change it before trial.

Other than that fight them all, get professional help if you need to
Old 01-29-2013, 12:20 PM   #28
daytona
6th Gear Member

My paralegal was HWY LAW at Keele and Lawrence...If you going to the York City Hall for this traffic ticket use them,they know everyone there including the ticket happy traffic officers....hope for a 11B at the trail most of time you can get dismissal for the lack of time to review the police statements and the length of time it took them to get it to you but immediately ask for the police statements though.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:59 PM   #29
3x Beemer
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcramer View Post
unlikely but you need to look it up. Whatever you do don't ask the prosecutor. They can change it before trial.

Other than that fight them all, get professional help if you need to
Thanks for the tip. I didn't know at the time to ask for disclosure, I wish I did though. too late now.
3x Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:34 PM   #30
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5style View Post
Its definitely conviction, glad those days are behind me.
I can confirm it is 3 years from the date of conviction, and, its actually not going to change your premiums back down until the renewal following the 3rd anniversary of the conviction.

Dont get caught.

Daytona, how can you get points without a conviction?

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black, ohlins, pazzo, cat delete, vance hines csone, YEC racing tune
propr'one is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: